Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108753 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2010, 08:54:27 PM »
I am not sure how many of them I seen before.. could have been the first 1 or 2. Something like that.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 05:07:50 AM »
So for Critters 3 there was two and for Critters 3 there was three monsters on the cover? :stars:

I love the first one (own the DVD) and have seen most of the third one (the one with Leonardo). They are fun villains.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 01:24:25 AM »
But look at all the Critters on the first movie cover! And I hate to say it... but I can't even make out what the cover is suppose to show on the second cover image!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »
One critter who goes faster than the speed of light :shrug:

Critter

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »
My ears are burning.  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
One critter who goes faster than the speed of light :shrug:

:laugh: Maybe!

My ears are burning.  ;)

:hysterical:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
Another pre-order for my October marathon...

The Haunting of Sorority Row
Released: Aug. 24
Samantha Willows (Leighton Meester, Gossip Girl) is a bright-eyed college freshman ready to endure the often humiliating traditions of pledge week if it means being accepted into Delta Phi Theta, one of the most prestigious sororities in the country. But her enthusiasm turns to dread when she begins to sense something sinister about the sorority house and some of its sisters, who appear to be sharing a closely guarded secret. After the death of a Delta Phi Theta member, Samantha considers the unimaginable - could an evil, murderous force reside within the walls of the sorority house?

Never heard of this one before. But found it fairly cheap so thought I would order it. From what little I looked up it is a TV movie originally airing on Lifetime. And it was made in Canada. The plot sounds pretty good... so fingers are crossed.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 06:13:00 AM »
Will be released the september 6 and ordered from amazon UK

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
I placed two more pre-orders for my October marathon...

The Slumber Party Massacre Collection
The ultimate driller-killer-thrillers are back!! In the terrifying original Slumber Party Massacre, a high school girl’s basketball team is stalked by an escaped mental patient with a portable drill. In Part 2, the killer returns this time as a physical manifestation of a young girl’s nightmares, slaying more teens in the guise of an evil rocker with a deadly guitar. And in Part 3, a new group of teenagers decide to have a slumber party when yet another unknown killer with a power drill begins attacking them.

The Evil / Twice Dead

These titles were suggested by Jimmy :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
Some pre-order I've made recently (you will see that many titles are for the horror marathon)

No cover on Amazon yet

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Since I'm back it means that I had to check what will be release in the future, so I've passed a couple of pre-order.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
Welcome Back Jimmy!

While you were gone I was given a ton of DVDs... with lots of horror. So I don't even really have to buy any horror this year as I have lots new to watch!  :thumbup: I even canceled some of my pre-orders.

I would like your opinion on the horror I have though since the majority of it I never seen... here is what I was given since you left...

Dead & Breakfast
Six friends on a road trip gone wrong. A sleepy, creepy Texas town. A sinister inn with murder on the menu. And an army of the undead who can only be stopped by decapitation or chainsaw. If you think you've seen it all before, you're DEAD wrong! Erik Palladino (ER, U-571), Ever Carradine (ONCE AND AGAIN), Jeremy Sisto (WRONG TURN, SIX FEET UNDER) and Gina Phillips (JEEPERS CREEPERS) star in the action-packed, blood-drenched horror/comedy that takes the genre to outrageous new extremes!

Diedrich Bader (THE DREW CAREY SHOW), Portia de Rossi (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) and David Carradine (KILL BILL) co-star in this acclaimed independent hit that Fangoria Magazine calls "slapstick and horrifying...a mix of ghouls, giggles and gore!"
Cry_Wolf
When the students at a prestigious prep school spread a hoax email about a serial killer, they start a game of terror and deception that has three rules: avoid suspicion, lie to your friends, and eliminate your enemies. But what starts as a joke soon turns deadly and now they find themselves victims of their own game!
Bring Me the Vampire
In a tale of who’s right & who’s wrong; Of who’s alive & who’s dead - There can be only one solution found…Money.

Money motivates ordinary people to do unordinary things. Travel with the potential beneficiaries as they try to discover who is the rightful heir to the McDermott fortune.

After all, It is only 48 hours…..
Audrey Rose
Suppose a stranger told you that your daughter was actually his daughter in another life. Suppose you began to believe him. Suppose it was really true! Sir Anthony Hopkins (Academy Award® winner* for The Silence of the Lambs) stars with Marsha Mason (Nick of Time) and John Beck (Nightmare Honeymoon) in an unforgettably powerful and hair-raising occult thriller that will make your blood run cold!

All Bill and Janet Templeton (Beck, Mason) wish for is a quiet, peaceful life with their 11-year-old daughter Ivy. But their dreams turn to nightmares as Ivy is besieged first by ghoulish "memories" of events that never occurred...and then by a mysterious stranger (Hopkins) who stalks her every move. And just when they think things couldn't possibly get worse, the Templetons come face to face with a horror beyond anything they could ever have imagined: a force from beyond the grave that threatens to destroy the only thing they've ever loved.

*1991: Best Actor
American Psycho
Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) is a Wall Street yuppie, obsessed with success, status and style, with a stunning fiancée (Reese Witherspoon). He is also a psychotic killer who rapes, murders and dismembers both strangers and acquaintances without provocation or purpose. Based on the controversial novel by Bret Easton Ellis, the film offers a sharp satire to the dark side of yuppie culture in the '80s, while setting forth a vision that is both terrifying and chilling.
Audition
A middle-aged widower is urged by his teenage son and a film producer friend to start dating again.  They devise a plan to hold a phony film audition to meet new women.  The widower falls for a beautiful ballerina with a suspicious past, and their courtship veers from polite romance to psycho-nightmare!
Death Machine
The year is 2003. Chaank Industries, ruthless world leaders in future weapons technology, hires a new chief executive, Hayden Cale. Cale soon uncovers a secret and unethical weapons project the company is involved in and her first order of business is to shut it down. Her troubles begin just as she also tries to fire the company's technological mastermind, Jack Donte - a childlike psychotic with a dark genius for exotic weapons design. Donte retaliates by unleashing into the corporate headquarters the Death Machine, the ultimate killing unit! A weapon that tracks its target by sensing fear and has the power to rip through walls with its hard steel strength and razor teeth. Joined by two unlikely allies, Cale must wage a desperate bloody battle with the terrifying force that has no mercy, no pity and no fear.
Decoys
Some students aren't exactly what they seem to be in DECOYS, a sci-fi/horror adventure starring Kim Poirier (Dawn of the Dead), Richard Burgi (Starship Troopers 2), Corey Sevier (TV's "North Shore") and Nicole Eggert (TV's "Baywatch").

If college coeds Lily and Constance look like two out-of-this-world blonde beauties, that's because they're actually intergalactic space invaders with a mission: to breed with humans before taking over the Earth. And even though the girls' mating skills have proven fatal to their victims, they keep on trying. So when Luke, a hard-partying freshman, accidentally witnesses the shapely shape-shifters in their full-bodied alien state, he knows it's up to him to save the planet before he truly gets wasted.
Eternal
When the beautiful wife of a Montreal vice cop disappears, his investigation leads him to an alluring temptress who admits only to having steamy sex with the missing woman. Unconvinced, the detective plunges into her dark, erotic world, uncovering a terrifying connection to a 16th-century countess said to have seduced and murdered young women to bathe in their blood in order to remain immortal. Now, the detective finds himself in a deadly race against time to prevent this modern vampiress from claiming another victim in this supernatural thriller inspired by actual events.
Dracula vs. Frankenstein
When top scientists simultaneously die in separate automobile accidents, fiendish alien visitors invade their bodies. The aliens, using their own knowledge and the scientists intellect, devise a diabolical, world threatening plot to resurrect great monsters including Frankenstein, The Mummy, Dracula and The Werewolf for the building of a vicious army to conquer the human race. Suspense mounts when the conspiracy goes awry as the monsters turn their evil action against each other. Failure comes fast and furious as the alien empire explodes in total devastation bringing an end to this terrifying science fiction thriller.
The 4th Floor
Jane Emelin (Juliette Lewis) has never lived alone and decides to move into an apartment by herself instead of with her boyfriend, Greg Harrison (Academy Award® winner, William Hurt). At first glance, the neighborhood is enchanting and the neighbors friendly, but things quickly turn bizarre. Something evil lurks in the floorboards and the walls and no one believes her fears. Terrifying sounds, massive infestations of mice and roaches turn her happy home into a horrifying hell-hole. Now it is up to Jane to discover the terrible secret before it’s the death of her…
Ravenous
It's a recipe for nonstop action and excitement when the inhabitants of an isolated military outpost go up against a marauding band of cannibals in a deadly struggle for survival!

Guy Pearce (L.A. Confidential), Robert Carlyle (Trainspotting) and David Arquette (Scream) must fight brutal elements of the Sierra Nevada wilderness — as well as their own murderous instincts — in the year's most thrilling adventure, filled with "over-the-top energy, gore and style!" (LOS ANGELES WEEKLY)
Dark Heritage: The Final Descendant
An uncredited adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Lurking Fear." After a violent thunderstorm, mutilated bodies are found at a Louisiana camp ground. Investigative reporter Clint Harrison uncovers a dark local legend about the reclusive Dansen clan, who may be connected with the murders. Determined to dig up the truth, Clint and his buddies decide to spend a story night at the seemingly abandoned Dansen mansion...
Eternal Evil
A dissatisfied Montreal director of TV commercials is taught to astrally project himself by a mysterious woman. But he soon learns that he does this during sleep and against his will, committing savage acts on people in his life.
Cremains
Cremains is a macabre, twisted and sexy horror anthology in the tradition of Tales from the Crypt, Asylum, and The House That Dripped Blood !

A funeral director accused of mixing the ashes of cremated bodies faces interrogation from his sinister captors. He is forced into telling them other frightening, real-life tales of terror and gruesome goings-on that he has collected during his years in the death business. What ensues is a foursome of horrifying stories featuring demented serial killers, lesbian vampires, brutal bondage murders, town sacrifices, and a resurrection gone unspeakably wrong, ending with a creepy little monstrosity called "The Cremainder."

Prepare to descend into the ghastly world of Cremains...where being scared to death will never make you feel so alive.
Creature Unknown
A group of friends reunite to say their final goodbyes at the spot in the forest where their friend Wes was tragically killed four years earlier. The reunion is disrupted by a brutal murder and the unexpected arrival of Kat (Chase Masterson), a genetics researcher who warns them to leave the forest immediately.
Meanwhile, an inhuman creature with super human strength, speed and agility continues its trail of slaughter and one by one the friends pay the ultimate price for the sins of their past. The final bloody confrontation reveals an unfahomable truth about the creature's identity and what really happened on that night four years ago.
Dark Water
Far more terrifying than what was seen in theaters, this special unrated version of Dark Water is a thoroughly absorbing, suspense-filled thriller starring Jennifer Connelly. Dahlia Williams (Connelly) and her five-year-old daughter are ready to begin a new life together. But their new apartment — dilapidated and worn — suddenly seems to take on a life of its own. Mysterious noises, persistent leaks of dark water and other strange happenings in the deserted apartment above send Dahlia on a haunting and mystifying pursuit — one that unleashes a torrent of living nightmares.
Darkness
This extended unrated version of the hit thriller Darkness  teams award winner Anna Paquin (X-Men ) with Lena Olin (Hollywood Homicide, Chocolat)  and Iain Glen (Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider) as a family whose life forever changes when they move into a new home with an ancient secret!  Not long after Regina (Paquin) begins living in her family's remote country estate, she learns that there's something horribly disturbing about the old place.  Even as her parents dismiss her concerns, strange things begin to happen whenever the lights go out.  Soon Regina realizes that a series of escalating supernatural events will unleash the full evil that resides in their house...and once it's released you'll experience it like never before in this scarier, more shocking unrated version!
Critters
It's no picnic for the Brown family when a lethal litter of carnivorous aliens arrives unannounced at their Kansas farm. Trapped in a deadly nightmare, the terrified Browns fight for their lives against the attacking bloodthirsty monsters. But it's a losing battle until two intergalactic bounty hunters arrive, determined to blow the hellish creatures off the planet! It's an alien adventure, full of action and just crawling with CRITTERS!
DeathBed
Karen and her boyfriend Jerry rent a new warehouse conversion and accidentally discover a hidden brass bed. Karen, a successful illustrator of children's books, so loves the bed's singular design that she makes it the shining centerpiece of her new home and uses it to inspire her designs. But the bed soon gives inspiration of a different kind. Old memories from a frightful childhood mingle with new nightmares, all seemingly released by sleeping in the long hidden bed. The terrors invade her working life; they decay her loving relationship to Jerry with dark fantasies and scar her artwork. Karen thinks a malevolent spirit has been awakened and it's changing her - she begins seeing things, and she thinks the things are seeing her. Since finding the bed, the frights of the past no longer sleep...
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 03:08:11 AM »
Won't be that much of a help here Pete since I haven't seen most of them... The only one I've seen and appreciated is American Psycho who is a nice WTF type of film that deserve at least 2 viewing since this film had more than one interpretation (I like it for something else also, but I won't mention it to you :P). Audition is supposed to be good, but I ain't a fan of Takashi Mike who made it so I've never watched it. Dark Water is a remake of another boring japanese grey ghost horror film (Jennifer Connolly is in it so it can't be as sleep inducing like the original is).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2010, 03:16:36 AM »
Thanks Jimmy... It will be an interesting month once October finally gets here. :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2010, 03:27:09 AM »
It isn't here fast enough... I have so many films I got and can't watch yet :weep:

Horror High, Lovesick: Sick Love, Peeping Tom, Piranah, The Wicker Man, Humanoids from the Deep, Primal Rage, Forbidden World, Galaxy of Terror, Bacterium, Screaming Dead, Bite Me, Shock-O-Rama, Stigma and many more coming...