Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 112340 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:11 AM »
Want to have that too! Kermode just didn't shut up about it once and there is a whole section in his book about it :laugh:

I hope the Blu-ray will be region free... If there is a Blu-ray, that is. The article didn't mention it.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2011, 07:16:43 AM »
It is still a censored version of The Devils though, not the restored 2004 version, which Warner refused to make available to the BFI.

I hope the Blu-ray will be region free... If there is a Blu-ray, that is. The article didn't mention it.

There won't be a Blu, for which again Warner is the culprit, not the BFI.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:38:24 AM by goodguy »
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »
But the 2004 version was done without the input of Ken Russel so it doesn't really count as an uncut version. This one is for me the complete version...  BTW the 2004 restored version is even more censored than the original UK release is, don't forget that it is based on the american release.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:41:33 AM by Jimmy »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
 :hmmmm: Maybe I'm misremembering something I read as I've never actually seen the 2004 version, but IMDb and Wikipedia seem to back me up on it.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
There won't be a Blu, for which again Warner is the culprit, not the BFI.
:(

Yeah, I think Kermode mentioned something along those lines...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »
The British Film Institute got me again and this time with a film that was considered lost not so long ago except for a trailer I've seen on a Something Weird Video DVD.

And that will give me a chance to test my Blu-Ray reader multi-zone capacity since the Blu-Ray is included too.

The British Film Institute will release a Dual Format edition of Andy Milligan's Nightbirds (1970), starring Berwick Kaler, Julie Shaw, Susan Heard, and Felicity Sentance. The release will be available for purchase in the United Kingdom on February 20th.

While living rough on the streets of London's East End, a young man, Dink (Kaler), encounters the beautiful and mysterious Dee (Shaw). Concerned for Dink's welfare, she invites him to stay with her and get off the streets. The two soon develop a curious relationship which oscillates, often without warning, between sexual intimacy and raging jealousy. As tenderness gives way to cruelty, they become consumed by darkness and their relationship spirals out of control.

Special Features:

Newly mastered from the only surviving print element, under the supervision of Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn (Bronson; Valhalla Rising; Drive)
    The Body Beneath (Andy Milligan, 1970, 77 mins): Milligan's second British-shot feature
    Extensive illustrated booklet with newly commissioned essays by Milligan biographer Jimmy McDonough, film expert Stephen Thrower and filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn
    Original stills and promotional artwork

Also the cover for The Devils I've pre-order last week is now available and here it is.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:08:15 PM by Jimmy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #411 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »
Raising Hope: Season 1

$17.49 @ Amazon.com

White Collar: Season 2

$15.99 @ Amazon.com
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #412 on: November 24, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Grease

£7.43 @ Amazon.co.uk

Scream 4

£5.94 @ Amazon.co.uk
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #413 on: November 25, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »
Pre-Ordered today:

The Ides of March (Release: 01/08/2012)

The Conspirator (Release: 31/07/2012)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:07:55 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Smallville: The Complete Series

£64.43 @ Amazon.co.uk

She's the One

£3.96 @ Amazon.co.uk

Picture Perfect

£4.39 @ Amazon.co.uk

The Object of My Affection

£3.96 @ Amazon.co.uk
Karsten

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
Pete > Sandra Bullock.

Karsten > Jennifer Aniston.

Do we get a Jennifer Aniston marathon?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2011, 09:27:14 PM »
Pete > Sandra Bullock.

Karsten > Jennifer Aniston.

Do we get a Jennifer Aniston marathon?

Maybe :)

But I have only 12 movies with her - so far. ;)
Karsten

Najemikon

« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
You need to see Horrible Bosses!  :tease:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2011, 05:39:27 AM »
Saw it in the airplane yesterday. Thought it was quite alright with a decent amount of laughs; although, the harder they tried the less funny it became.

The three bosses are great. Spacey, Farrell and Aniston are let loose and are the most fun to watch in this. Most critics seemed to have trouble with gorgeous Anison as the sexual assaulter, but I thought it worked o.k.

Of the three employees I liked Bateman the most. But the other two functioned sufficiently as well (especially when the one guy is on Coke or the other one is just simply ignorant).

Najemikon

« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
Saw it in the airplane yesterday. Thought it was quite alright with a decent amount of laughs; although, the harder they tried the less funny it became.

The three bosses are great. Spacey, Farrell and Aniston are let loose and are the most fun to watch in this. Most critics seemed to have trouble with gorgeous Anison as the sexual assaulter, but I thought it worked o.k.

Of the three employees I liked Bateman the most. But the other two functioned sufficiently as well (especially when the one guy is on Coke or the other one is just simply ignorant).

I liked it because it actually had a plot of sorts and the film references are a laugh, especially MF Jones admitting what film he copied!  :P Kermode is one of those who said that Aniston's role was misjudged and I really think he and others are over-thinking it. If it wanted to be controversial, they'd have switched genders. Imagine a male dentist abusing his position like that with a female employee? Damn, I can hear the lynch mob now! Very Bad Things territory, but it would have still worked. I liked the basic optimism of the joke that Dale is simply happy with his relationship and no part of him could possibly be attracted to Aniston.

By the way, speaking of Kermode. Have you heard the podcast from Friday yet? Listen carefully after the interview with Terence Davies...  :-X