Author Topic: On Pre-Order 2008-2013  (Read 108884 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: On Pre-Order
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:49 AM »
You have 4 of them in this set Marie ;D

Wich is better than me since I only own Taste the Blood of Dracula on those four. I like them, but I never think of buying them when I place an order :slaphead:

But I always have this big british set in my mind... maybe next year :hmmmm:

That's the set I was thinking of.  I just couldn't remember if all of them were Hammer movies or not.

Ooooo....that set looks nice.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 11:15:48 PM »
Watched the first part of this mini-series today and immediately pre-ordered:

The Pillars of the Earth

Release date (Germany): Dec. 12 2010

karmesinrot

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
I've had the Inception Limited Edition Triple Play pre-ordered since the beginning of October. Amazon tell's me it should arrive around the 2nd of December, and I'm so excited! Really enjoyed that movie. ;D

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
So, how big is your DVD collection?

Critter

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2010, 01:13:44 PM »
I added Inception Blu-Ray to my Christmas list. I think I saw somewhere that they are releasing a steel tin edition here. If they are I would love something like that. I think it would go nicely with my tin-edition Inglourious Basterds blu-ray.

karmesinrot

« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

To be fair, it's not massive, as I only really started collecting seriously this year. I'm at roughly 180 items just now, with a lot of them being TV series, and around half of that has been added in the last year.

I know a lot of people think Inception is overhyped, the story too far fetched etc, but I thought it was really enjoyable, and it should look great on Blu  ;D

Critter

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 09:58:06 PM »

To be fair, it's not massive, as I only really started collecting seriously this year. I'm at roughly 180 items just now, with a lot of them being TV series, and around half of that has been added in the last year.

I know a lot of people think Inception is overhyped, the story too far fetched etc, but I thought it was really enjoyable, and it should look great on Blu  ;D

Ha don't worry, I have an even smaller collection that. I have by far the smallest collection in this whole forum, not that I mind. I haven't counted in a while but I'm pretty sure my collection is still under 100 items.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

Sounds like you've had a pretty big year, collecting wise that is.

I really liked Inception, I do think it's bit overhyped but I'll be getting it on Blu-ray for sure.

Najemikon

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2010, 12:57:42 AM »
Have either of you seen Shutter Island? I find the similarities between the films quite fascinating. The only real difference is in the style. I think Inception is awesome, but Scorcese's film has much more substance.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »
I've seen Shutter Island, great movie. I love the imagery and it's very haunting.
A must own blu-ray if you're a fan of the movie.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:22 PM »
Some pre-order I did recently

First a book since I don't watch only movies, but I can read too

and the movies

When a group of developers threaten the land of three rural brothers, the boys must restort to murder to defend their property. However, when the trio starts preying on innocent tourists, things start to get out of hand. A 70s Hicksploitation Classic!

Before Spike Lee, Tyler Perry, IN LIVING COLOR, and I'M GONNA GIT YOU SUCKA, there was SUPER SPOOK! Leonard Jackson (Five on the Blackhand Side, The Color Purple) is SUPER SPOOK! He doesn't fit the mold of your typical handsome black action hero. He's short, old, and out of rhythm from the cats down in Harlem. After a Harlem numbers lady (Virginia Fields) is robbed in Central Park, her daughter (Marcella Lowery, TV's THE COSBY SHOW, GHOSTWRITER) hires Super Spook to solve her case before the mob and a crooked undercover cop (Tony King, REPORT TO THE COMMISSIONER) come down on her mom.

Confessions of a Sex Maniac & Love Variations
Confessions of a Sex Maniac Comedy legend Roger Lloyd Pack (BBC1 s Only Fools and Horses and The Vicar of Dibley) plays Henry, an up n coming architect tasked with designing a new leisure centre. Assisted by his sexy, super-efficient secretary Hilary (Vicki Hodge), Henry hits upon the idea of modelling the building on the shape of a humungous breast! In his quest for the perfect boob he road-tests a bevy of beautiful birds, including 70s sex-bombs Cherri Gilham, Ava Cadell and Monika Ringwald. Love Variations Britain s first ever feature-length sex education film caused widespread tabloid controversy upon its original release. Now more hysterical than educational, the ground-breaking Love Variations shows models performing a variety of sexual positions, whilst a family doctor provides an excitable commentary.

Najemikon

« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2010, 09:35:10 PM »
Confessions of a Sex Maniac & Love Variations
Confessions of a Sex Maniac Comedy legend Roger Lloyd Pack (BBC1 s Only Fools and Horses and The Vicar of Dibley)

:o

Trigger??!!?? I'd never have thought it.  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2010, 09:43:41 PM »
I'm always impress when I see one of your serious actors starring in those films. This is kind of like it was here in the seventies when almost every actors appeared in sexploitation film.

Najemikon

« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »
Oh, he isn't a serious actor in his most well known parts, but an immensely popular one. I think his character from Vicar of Dibley would enjoy it though!  :laugh: It's a sitcom set in a typical quaint English village, with it's eccentric inhabitants and their very modern female vicar. Owen is a filthy local farmer, obsessed with sex, regularly lusting after Geraldine, the vicar.

It's gentle humour, not in the slightest explicit. Here's a clip from when Owen proposed marriage to Geraldine...

But he's best known as Trigger in Only Fools and Horses. Del Boy and Rodney are the main characters, but the long running gag was that Trigger always thought Rodney was actually called Dave (he's a bit dim)...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »
Just pre-ordered:

Despicable Me