Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 9521 times)

RossRoy

Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 12:23:39 AM »
Speaking of hard puzzle games - anybody played 7th Guest and its sequel 11th hour?

Boy did I lose many hours of sleep over those! Some of the puzzles in those are downright devilish! But the satisfaction of completing it? Can't be equalled today.

Edit:

OH MY GOD!!

They have Castle of Dr. Brain!!!!!!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »
The hardest one was Police Quest (I don't remember wich one). You are just dead when you tried to catch a couple of criminal at the end because you haven't made some procedure right at the beginning... How can I know? I'm not a real police officer I play a game  :voodoo:

OH MY GOD!!

They have Castle of Dr. Brain!!!!!!
This is the one with the sound, number and colour test challenge? I've played this one on the old 286 (or maybe 386) of my brother. I remember that it was fun, but hard...

RossRoy

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 12:51:51 AM »
The hardest one was Police Quest (I don't remember wich one). You are just dead when you tried to catch a couple of criminal at the end because you haven't made some procedure right at the beginning... How can I know? I'm not a real police officer I play a game  :voodoo:

Now that you mention it... I think it was Police Quest for my little story above.. I don't remember which game exactly! I do remember it was a "Quest" game though (Space, Police or King's)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 05:57:00 AM »
I only used to play the Monkey Island series, Indiana Jones 3+4 and loads of Duke NuKem 3D on my PC. I think I had Day of the Tentacle but somehow never got around to play it :bag:

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »
I think I had Day of the Tentacle but somehow never got around to play it :bag:

You have to remedy that if at all possible. If you stil have access to the CD, you can use ScummVM to play it ;)

And it even contains its prequel: Maniac Mansion!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
Or you can use DOSBox to play it, as almost every DOS games since Window doesn't like them too much. Very easy to use you only have to drag the game executable on the DOSBox executable. I have lost a lot of time since yesterday downloading those old games, now I will lost more time to try to play them again. I know it's easy to find the solution, but I want to do the XYZ Quest serie as I did years ago :

with a lot of curse words and frustrations  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »
with a lot of curse words and frustrations  :laugh:

:hysterical: True, true.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »
One of the best website that I've found for the old games. It's in french but it's not very hard to find where are the games (there many others interesting stuff if you can read my language  :P).

Lost Treasure

But no LucasArt games there since it's illegal, but it's not that hard to find them with a good web search and some patience.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 10:15:53 PM »
I still have a Playstation 2 and I only have a few games.  I just haven't taken time to play it for a long time.  I was doing good with Kingdom Hearts and getting closer to the end..but I still haven't finished it.  In general, I tend to suck at most games and have never finished one.  No wait.  I finished one.. a Tiny Toons game on Nintendo 64..on child level. Not even easy, but child.   :hysterical:  After I managed that, I thought ok, I'll try easy.  Got stuck in the first level.  I do tend to get frustrated with games at times.  I rented the first Tomb Raider game and couldn't do anything with it.  I got her stuck in a corner or something and couldn't get anywhere else.  I've had fun trying some driving games, but I tend to crash a lot because I can't steer the cars.. lol

I've thought about the Wii and think some things do look interesting, but I haven't gotten one yet.  Maybe someday.

Najemikon

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 01:44:26 AM »
I rented the first Tomb Raider game and couldn't do anything with it.  I got her stuck in a corner or something and couldn't get anywhere else.

I tried Tomb Raider once, but on the first level, she has to swim. I got hypnotised by her arse and forgot to let her breathe, so she drowned. After about 37 drownings I decided to just make her jump around a lot instead. Once that novelty wore off, I gave up... :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 02:22:32 AM »
 :hysterical:

Oh I drowned her a few times too..in the training thing at her house.  I tried a few different times to figure out how to get out of this cave or whatever it was where she started but I couldn't do it so I gave up.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
Oh I drowned her a few times too..in the training thing at her house.  I tried a few different times to figure out how to get out of this cave or whatever it was where she started but I couldn't do it so I gave up.

Glad it wasn't just me that had problems with Tomb Raider.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 11:16:23 PM »
I'm glad I wasn't the only one having trouble with it too.  I was feeling like an idiot because I couldn't do it.  Heck..I couldn't even do the demo for the third one that came with my original Playstation.  I got her stuck in a corner and the bad guys came running and killed her.  Never tried that one again after that experience.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 11:42:34 PM »
I beat the first few Tomb Raiders. I would really like to try the Wii version... but if I did that I would disappear from here for about a month and Brittany would be pissed at me for taking over her Wii!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »
I beat the first few Tomb Raiders. I would really like to try the Wii version... but if I did that I would disappear from here for about a month and Brittany would be pissed at me for taking over her Wii!  :laugh:

Bragger. ;)  :laugh:

I think the controls were just too complicated for me to figure out for Tomb Raider...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :laugh: