Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 3410 times)

Najemikon

Star Trek
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »
This is mainly for Karsten's benefit! Empire reported on the footage J J Abrams revealed the other day from the new film. And today they have a picture of the "new" Enterprise that's popped up online.

Footage Account (but no actual footage!)

Enterprise

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »
The bussard collectors are a bit too large for my taste, but apart from that.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
It's actually very funny. The opinion on the new Enterprise is so polarized. I've read just as many positive, and I did negative. Personally, I like it. Sure, it's different from previous incarnations, but you weren't expecting an exact replica of the first Star Trek movie were you?

I was very excited when I learned JJ Abrams was in charge of the new Star Trek.

After the bits and pieces we've seen so far? Still excited!  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:28:41 PM »
I don't like the new look. I'd say it's too shiny...

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 10:02:15 PM »

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
Loved, the car scene! :thumbup:

In fact, loved the whole damn thing, and I've always been a bit "meh" about Trek. Empire have a HD version HERE

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 10:14:59 PM »
Loved, the car scene! :thumbup:

In fact, loved the whole damn thing, and I've always been a bit "meh" about Trek. Empire have a HD version HERE

Hear! Hear! :thumbup:

Can't wait!!! Might actually the first film I go see at the theatre in a LOOOOOOONG while!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »
I saw the trailer yesterday at the theater for first time.  It looks really good and I'm thinking I'll be going to see it..and this is from someone who has only seen some of the other movies.  The only one I ever saw in the theater was Wrath of Kahn when I was really young and what happened with Spock at the end devastated me at the time.  Though I'm still a wimp and get emotional during movies and tv shows..  lol

Anyway, the trailer looked really cool.

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »
I only saw Wrath of Khan again recently and that really is a great scene. I have high hopes for the new one. As I've said before, I'm not a huge fan and only like a couple of the movies (a fairweather Trekkie! :laugh:) but I think when they get it right, they really get it right.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 01:59:31 AM »
It is a good scene..very strong and powerful.  But it was very upsetting to me at like 6 when I saw the movie.  I refused to watch the movie again for a long, long time because of how upset I was.  I had forgotten everything else about the movie too, so I ended up watching it on tv at some point and didn't realize it was the one until that was shown again.  And it still upset me. lol.  What can I say.. I'm a wimp. :)

I'm even thinking of watching the movies before this one comes out.  I've seen bits of some of them, but I've never seen most of them.  My step dad has all of them on DVD..thanks to me.  He even has 2 copies of 2 of them..again because of me.  lol.  I forgot which ones he already had and got him the first one again a year after he had gotten it.  Then the next Christmas I actually got him 2 copies of the same movie.   :hysterical:  I think it was the 4th one..maybe 5th.  I had gotten the first copy kind of early when I found it on sale..then like a month later I was doing some Christmas shopping and had completely forgotten that I had already gotten him that one.  When he pointed out that he had gotten two copies of the same movie, I was no like no..I got you 2 different ones..then I looked at them.  Oops.   :hysterical:  I managed to get him the rest of the movie without getting any more duplicate copies.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 05:47:51 AM »
He even has 2 copies of 2 of them..again because of me.  lol.  I forgot which ones he already had and got him the first one again a year after he had gotten it.  Then the next Christmas I actually got him 2 copies of the same movie.   :hysterical:
:hysterical: Great story!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »
We still joke about that at times.  Last year I got him the last of the movies he did have..and I made myself a list so I wouldn't duplicate any more titles.   :laugh:

I said before that he could just keep getting more copies until he had enough for every room in the house..then he could have them all going and not miss anything as he went from room to room.   :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
Karsten