Author Topic: Another DVD Care Package Coming To Me!  (Read 8167 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Another DVD Care Package Coming To Me!
« on: October 21, 2007, 02:01:24 AM »
ok... Another friend is sending me a box full of DVDs... she said these will be sent out probably end of next week (when she gets paid). These are movies that she either bought and didn't care for.... has more then one copy of... or liked, but don't see herself watching it again.... Basically she is DVD Spring Cleaning in the fall... and realizes that I am the one person she knows that will definitely appreciate them.  :P

Downside... there is a few Full screen DVDs in the collection... upside... they are FREE DVDs:yahoo:

Anyway... she is sending me...

Alex & Emma: Full-Screen Edition (Never Seen)

The Animal: Special Edition

Badder Santa: The Unrated Edition (Never Seen)

Be Cool: Widescreen Edition (Never Seen)

Big Fish (Never Seen)

Big Top Peewee

Bridge to Terabithia: Widescreen  (Never Seen) This one she said I have to give to my daughter, Brittany  :P

Chocolat: Collector's Series (Never Seen)

Daddy Day Care: Special Edition

Dead Heat

Don Juan DeMarco (Never Seen)

The Ghosts of Edendale (Never Seen)

Hemogoblin (Never Seen)

Hide and Seek: Widescreen (Never Seen)

How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days: Widescreen Collection (Never Seen)

Prison of the Dead (Never Seen)

Slither: Full Screen (Never Seen)

Taking Lives: Full Screen (Never Seen)

Two Moon Junction (Never Seen)

The Veil: Vol. 1 (5 Episodes) (Never Seen)

The Veil: Vol. 2 (5 Episodes) (Never Seen)

So I am thrilled to be getting these... as you can see... a lot of them I never seen before. As for the Full Screen movies... I figure I will check them out... and if I really like the movies I will just know to upgrade them to the widescreen versions. :)

I tell you... I am one lucky guy... I have some wonderful friends!  ;D
Pete

Touti

Re: Another DVD Care Package Coming To Me!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 02:06:53 AM »
Hey Pete, if you ever feel you've got too many friends feel free to send a few over to me :hysterical:.

I'm happy for you, it's nice to have good friends like that and congrats to them for beeing so nice.  BTW, if you've never seen "Chocolat" I suggest you don't wait too long before watching it, it's a very good movie.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »
And "Dead Heat" is in it!!!! What a coincidence! :thundergod:

...and some other good stuff too. Many films for Brittany to watch as well.

I wish I had friends like you (who also buy DVDs and then don't want them anymore).

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:11:20 AM »
Thanks Touti...
and how could I ever feel I have to many friends?... especially friends like these!  :laugh:

thanks for the heads up on "Chocolat... it is indeed one of the ones I never seen. :)

now... if I could just teach them all to Buy Widescreen Only!  :voodoo:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:13:33 AM »
And "Dead Heat" is in it!!!! What a coincidence! :thundergod:

...and some other good stuff too. Many films for Brittany to watch as well.

I wish I had friends like you (who also buy DVDs and then don't want them anymore).

LOL... yeah... Dead Heat is in it... and as soon as I saw the cover realized I have seen the movie before... just been many... MANY years since I saw it.

Yeah think there is a few (a couple at least) that I can feel safe letting Brittany watch. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:29:20 AM »
Are you running some sort of protection racket? "Send me some DVDs or else..."  :tease:

Anyway, it's a shame about the foolscreen, but one of them is Slither and Slither is great! You should like that. It has a hint of Tremors and stars Nathan Fillion out of Firefly who delivers deadpan like no-one else: "Well, now that is some f***ed up shit."  :laugh:

I just checked and Slither's ratio is 1.78, so at least the pan & scan doesn't need to pan or scan too far...  :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 02:36:32 AM »
Are you running some sort of protection racket? "Send me some DVDs or else..."  :tease:

Anyway, it's a shame about the foolscreen, but one of them is Slither and Slither is great! You should like that. It has a hint of Tremors and stars Nathan Fillion out of Firefly who delivers deadpan like no-one else: "Well, now that is some f***ed up shit."  :laugh:

I just checked and Slither's ratio is 1.78, so at least the pan & scan doesn't need to pan or scan too far...  :shrug:

LMAO... nope... I just stay my sweet adorable self... and they just flow to me!  :P :laugh:

Cool... Slither is one of the ones she said she didn't like... you gave me hope on that one now! :) And hey... if I really like it... I am sure I will upgrade it to the widescreen version... then find a some suc... er... find someone that would appreciate the foolscreen version!  :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 02:59:31 AM »
My mom is one likes full screen; that's why I have some in my collection. :yucky: I never heard it called "foolscreen" before. :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »
Pete, Slither is a great grab. It's a nice movie, and like Jon said, I don't think too many actors can deliver some of the lines he has in Slither (and had in Serenity) seriously and be funny ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »
Thanks Sebastien... that is 2 of you that liked Slither.... starting to look forward to checking it out.  :)
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »
starting to look forward to checking it out.  :)

Don't just start to look forward it.... just do look forward to it!  ;)

lovemunkey187

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

Big Top Peewee

Bridge to Terabithia: Widescreen  (Never Seen) This one she said I have to give to my daughter, Brittany  :P

Slither: Full Screen (Never Seen)

Taking Lives: Full Screen (Never Seen)

Two Moon Junction (Never Seen)

Some good ones here (includin the above selection), Another :thumbup: for Slither.

I've not seen Bridge To Terabithia, but have heard a few reports of parents that took their kids to see it and by the end the kids were quite upset. Just what I've heard so don't take it as gospel.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
Thanks for the heads up... may have to check it out first just to be safe... but would be surprising since it is a Disney movie... I have heard some people say it just wasn't what they were expecting it to be... maybe that is what you mean?
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 08:59:46 PM »
I heard it has a traumatic end, though I haven't seen it. If so, I think it makes it even more suitable for children. I saw Watership Down when I was a kid and I was devastated! In later years it stands out as a beautifully made film, despite a sense of doom and fear. In fact, a great deal of children's stories feature some very powerful moments and it's a shame to hide them away.

I don't like to speak of things I don't know about, but I heard a few reports like that in relation to other things and couldn't help feeling then that parents were projecting their fear onto their children.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
Thinking about it... Not sure I should be to concerned for Brittany... after all... in less then 2 weeks she will be 12 years old. Thinking back... when I was 12 I pretty much watched anything I wanted to watch! I don't think that going to that extreme is any good... but I think I do need to be more open to letting her check out more then what I have been letting her.
Pete