Author Topic: Chilling Classics Profile  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Chilling Classics Profile
« on: October 17, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
It tooks more time to do it that I was thinking (more than 20 hours), but this all the individual movie profile for all the movie inside the Chilling Classic 50 movie pack. All the crew and cast are verified on the credit, the covers are not included since they make the file a little bit too big (you can get them on my collection website). For the cover I've used the theatrical poster or some other version of the dvd cover, some image aren't that great since they were streched to reach a configuration of 488x700.

Just sad that the biggest profile job that I've never done can't be contributed. Hope that you will like them.

RossRoy

Re: Chilling Classics Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »
Good job Jimmy!  :thumbup:

And yeah, it's a real shame that DVD Profiler still hasn't been updated to allow 2+ movies per DVD.  :thumbdown:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:16:55 PM »
Sebastien when you will receive your copy would it be possible to make a new scan of the box? The one in the database doesn't have the corect back cover. This set is a reissue one because of a copyright issue, so some title are different in the back movie list. The movies not includes anymore are : Memorial Valley Massacre, Deadtime Stories, Christmas Evil, The Snake People, Virus, The Milpitas Monster (not a big loss) and Crypt of the Living Dead.

Don't do a maniac scanning job for that. This set probably doesn't deserve a 2 hours photoshop corection job  :laugh:

:thanks:

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »
Don't do a maniac scanning job for that. This set probably doesn't deserve a 2 hours photoshop corection job  :laugh:

I'll try, but I probably won't be able to constrain myself. I'm a perfectionist on some stuff, Photoshop is one of those (although I can never reach it, because I lack the know-how!)

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:44:58 AM »
Aw crap!

I just tried restoring your backup... what a mess! (no, not your profiles, what they did to my database!!)

Because I have quite a few manual profiles myself (and by the numbers on yours, you don't have all that many), it's overwritten some of my manual profiles! It messed up all my hard work on my Sherlock Holmes set!

Good thing I had a backup! Although now I'm stumped... I have no idea how I will be able to restore your profiles to my DB... I'll probably have to import them in an empty database, export them to XML, manually change the ID in the XML, and use BulkEdit to reimport the XML..

But then, can someone explain to me, why DVD Profiler profiler treats a Manual ID exactly the same as if it was a UPC??? It seems the logical thing to do would be "You already have another profile using this ID, what would you like to do?" With the option to skip, overwrite or generate a new ID. Especially if I'm doing a partial restore!!!

I hate DVD Profiler at times.....

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:14:29 AM »
Sorry... It's a good chance that you have a backup. Let me say that I find it really weak that DVDP doesn't change the manual id automatically since no manual profiles are the same.

No idea how you could add them without messing your collection, but I'm certain that someone here know how to do it.

Because I have quite a few manual profiles myself (and by the numbers on yours, you don't have all that many)
The majority of my not contributable dvd are entered in my database by disc id
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:20:56 AM by Jimmy »

RossRoy

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:17:23 AM »
No idea how you could add them without messing your collection, but I'm certain that someone here know how to do it.

Well, like I posted, I have an idea how to do it. But it going to take a while, as I have to manually edit the XML file.  :thumbdown:

Oh well, it's always better than doing all the profiles myself! hehe

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 05:21:01 AM »
 >:(

Didn't work. BulkEdit only imports basic data. So I'm stumped, there's nothing I can do to get these profile into my profile, other than give them bogus UPC

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:32:51 AM »
So I'm stumped, there's nothing I can do to get these profile into my profile, other than give them bogus UPC
If you change the manual profile number to follow your last one does it work?

By exemple if your last one is 25 changing the number for 26

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 03:45:46 PM »
It is possible to change the manual number? Every time I tried, it just refused to allow me to type it.. Only thing I can type are number, and then it complains that it's not a valid UPC

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
You're right. I haven't test it since, for me, it was obvious that if an id is given to a profile it can be manually change in the same form.

Looks like DVDP doesn't know what is logic

RossRoy

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »
Looks like DVDP doesn't know what is logic

Wouldn't be the first time something logical cannot be done in DVDP.. Oh well, guess I'll resign to give them 000000-000001, 000000-000002, 000000-000003, and so on for UPC.. Pretty much the only way I can think of to be able to do it.

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
Is there some way you can restore Jimmy's profiles to a second database? I can't remember if there are any options for merging profiles from separate dbs though... :shrug:

RossRoy

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
Is there some way you can restore Jimmy's profiles to a second database? I can't remember if there are any options for merging profiles from separate dbs though... :shrug:

Yeah, I'Ve done that, but I still can't change the ID, without giving them a fake UPC, which I'm trying to avoid. Although if by the end of the day, I can't get BulkEdit to clone the manual id to new id, i'll just go the fake upc route and be done with it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »
Manual profile IDs cannot be changed; in fact it used to be possible (you just needed to Paste the deired number into the field) and Ken removed that (but maybe not on purpose). It has been repeatedly requested to add this function (not recently though).

The fact that it's not checking for existing profiles and automatically overwrote yours only shows that Ken didn't expect this and therefore didn't provide the safety check. You may want to reiterate the feature request and report the "bug" at the Invelos forum.