Author Topic: My October DVD Order  (Read 4326 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
My October DVD Order
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:59:41 AM »
What with this month being Halloween... I hit a huge horror movie sale! so this month's order is mostly horror movies. This time around I will not be adding the Cover Art images as the list is just too long. If I added the cover-art this email would be HUGE! So anyway... here is what I ordered...

1. Swearing Allegiance
Loosely based on a true story and also known as LOVE'S DEADLY TRIANGLE: THE TEXAS CADET MURDER, this 1997 made-for-TV drama follows passionate young couple Diane and David (Holly Marie Combs and David Lipper), who enter separate military academies swearing to stay faithful to each other. When David breaks that vow, the results are devastating--and ultimately fatal.

This is the only Non-Horror DVD I got this month... all other ones has at least something to do with the horror genre. I got this one for 2 reasons. First the plot sounds interesting... and other then that it stars my favorite Charmed actress... Holly Marie Combs.

2. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
In the same vein as EDWARD SCISSORHANDS and NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, Tim Burton continues to combine wholesome comedy and creepy horror with this tale of a mild-mannered Victorian gentleman, Victor (Johnny Depp), who accidentally marries a mysterious corpse bride (Helena Bonham-Carter) instead of his intended, Victoria (Emily Watson). Victor soon discovers that the Land of the Dead holds more fun than frights and begins to fall in love with his innocent bride. Meanwhile, Victoria has been drawn into a scam of a marriage and may not escape with her life. As time runs out for everyone, can there be a resolution in which everyone gets what he or she deserves?

This is one I been wanting to check out for some time now and never got around to. When I found it for sale cheap... figured it was about time to check it out.

3. The Hollow
Set in Sleepy Hollow, this inventive horror film sees Ian Cranston (Kevin Zegers), a distant relative of Ichabod Crane, getting into trouble on Halloween. Ian has no idea that he's related to Crane, and is startled when his presence in the town manages to stir the long-dormant headless horseman back into life. As the horseman rampages through Sleepy Hollow and many of the townsfolk meet a grizzly demise, Ian has to face up to his past and then go into battle to stop the headless horseman once and for all.

This one is a complete blind buy... but The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is a good story... and this one also has a star from the final season of Charmed. Kaley Cuoco. So figured I would give it a shot.

4. Twilight Zone: The Movie
Four short horrorific tales are anthologized in this film as a tribute to Rod Serling and his popular TV Series.

This is one I haven't seen in years... and glad to see it finally make it's way onto DVD.

5. Tales from the Grave/Tales from the Grave 2: Double Feature
TALES FROM THE GRAVE:
Scream queen Stephanie Beaton directed, wrote, and stars in the horror anthology TALES FROM THE GRAVE. Each of the four tales is told by an ancient witch in a graveyard, as envisioned through her crystal ball. Experiments gone wrong, psycho-killers, and a half-goat, half-man are among the terrors seen in the short tales "Crasy Gunderman," "Hercaylac," "Lab Rats," and "The Billywack." Horror and humor combine in TALES FROM THE GRAVE.

TALES FROM THE GRAVE 2:
Come join the Old Crone one more time in this chilling sequel! This time around, the Crone takes you on a year's holiday journey. Watch what happens when Valentine's Day becomes a blood bath. The luck of the Irish will be the only thing that will save you on St. Patrick's Day. Be careful of the curse of the mummy on Halloween night. On Thanksgiving, a turkey never tasted so good as Stanley does. And on Christmas, find out how Dorothy finally gets her angel. Come gaze one more time in the crystal ball and see how the "Holidays" can be so fun!

These are 2 more that are complete blind buys... but I normally love anthologies... so looking forward to checking them both out!

6. Candyman: Special Edition
Helen Lyle is a student who decides to write a thesis about local legends and myths. She visits a part of the town, where she learns about the legend of the Candyman, a one-armed man who appears when you say his name five times, in front of a mirror. Of course, Helen doesn't believe all this stuff, but the people of the area are really afraid. When she ignores their warnings and begins her investigation in the places that he is rumored to appear, a series of horrible murders begins. Could the legend be true?

This is one I haven't seen in years... but I remember enjoying... It also stars another favorite actor of mine... Tonny Todd.

7. Tales from the Crypt/Vault of Horror: Double Feature
TALES FROM THE CRYPT (1972)
Five people are trapped in a crypt and are shown their futures by the evil cryptkeeper. They are given the option of avoiding their fates - by avoiding living out the rest of their lives.

VAULT OF HORROR
Five men trapped in the basement vault of an office building share visions with each other of their demise. Stories revolve around vampires, bodily dismemberment, east Indian mysticism, an insurance scam, and an artist who kills by painting his victims' deaths.

Another Blind buy... I might have seen the Tales from the Crypt one... but not really sure about that. But I love Anthologies... so they both should be fun.

8. Night of the Demons
On the night of Halloween, 10 teens decide to go to a party at an abandoned funeral parlor. "Hull House", rumored to be built on an evil patch of land & underground stream, is the place. While starting the party, the teens gather around a big mirror to perform a seance...BIG MISTAKE. They awaken some evil force and find themselves trapped and taken over one by one. Now it's a battle for who can survive and cross over the stream before going to hell....

This one is a complete Blind Buy... but a good friend of mine recommended it to me... and she knows my tastes in movies very well... so not worried at all.

9. Twisted Terror Collection
This is a 6 DVD boxset which Includes: Deadly Friend (1986), Dr. Giggles (1992), Eyes of a Stranger (1981), From Beyond the Grave (1973), The Hand (1981), Someone's Watching Me (1978).

Several of these movies sounds good to me! I now I seen 3 of the 6 and enhoyed them. :)

10. See No Evil
Seven feet tall. Four hundred pounds. A rusty steel plate screwed into his skull and razor-sharp fingernails that pluck out his victims' eyes. Reclusive psychopath Jacob Goodnight is holed up in the long-abandoned and rotting Blackwell Hotel, alone with his nightmares until eight petty criminals show up for community service duty along with the cop who put a bullet in Jacob's head four years ago. When one of their own is kidnapped by the killer and her fate uncertain, the remaining lawbreakers must fight this indestructible force of nature who has a violent score to settle.

this one is a blind buy... all I ever seen was the trailer... and that looked good... so checking it out.

11. Hannibal Rising: Unrated Widescreen Edition
The terrifying Silence of the Lambs prequel that reveals the history of the infamous Hannibal and how he came to be a cannibalistic murderer.

Another Blind Buy... but I liked all the other Hannibal Lector movies... so I am hoping to enjoy this one too.

12. House 2: The Second Story
The new owner of a sinister house gets involved with reanimated corpses and demons searching for an ancient Aztec skull with magic powers.

Enjoyed the first one... don't remember the second one... but it is cheap... so why not?

13.  The Entity
Carla Moran awakens one night to find herself being assaulted by an unseen presence. Terrified of what's happening to her, and shunned by friends and family who think she's lost her mind, she seeks help from parapsychologists. The researchers soon discover that evil spiritual force has been drawn to Carla and is responsible for the violent attacks. The question now, however, is how do they stop it? Based on a true story.

It has been a long time since I saw this one... but I remember enjoying it.

14. Exorcist: The Beginning
Exorcist: The Beginning traces the story of Father Merrin back to his first encounter with the Devil during his missionary work in Africa.

Another blind buy... and another one that was recommended by my friend.

15. The Hamiltons: After Dark Horrorfest
Four young adult siblings try to fend for themselves after the mysterious death of their parents. But they harbor some dark secrets which include abducting and killing strangers, and feeding them to a mysterious 'thing' living in their cellar.

Blind buy... did see the trailer and looked like it could be good... so hopefully I will enjoy it.

16. Penny Dreadful: After Dark Horrorfest
Young Penny goes on a retreat with her psychologist; the intention is to help her overcome her phobia, an intense fear of cars. Unexpected events find her in a nightmarish situation where her worst fears come true.

This is another Blind Buy that I did see the trailer of... but this trailer looked really good! Can't wait to check it out!

17.  The Omen (2006)
In this chilling remake of The Omen ? that is even more terrifying than the original ? man's darkest fears are manifested as an unspeakable terror is unleashed on the world! U.S. diplomat Robert Thorn (Liev Schreiber) substitutes an orphan for his own stillborn baby in order to spare his unknowing wife (Julia Stiles). But after a series of grotesque murders and dire warnings, the Thorns come to the horrifying realization that their child is the son of Satan!

This is another Blind Buy... but I really liked the original... and it was on sale cheap... so I just couldn't resist!

18. The Tooth Fairy
Put A Tooth Under Your Pillow And Let The Bloodbath Begin Northern California, 1949: In the woods outside of a small town, a hideous witch lured children to her crumbling home where she stole their teeth, butchered their bodies, and cursed their souls to wander the earth forever. Decades later the house has been converted into a quaint country inn, but an untold evil remains: The witch’s slumber has been disturbed, and her vengeful spirit seeks the violent slaughter of all who stay there. And for one eleven-year-old girl with a loose molar and an active imagination, the ultimate horror begins with a visit from THE TOOTH FAIRY. Chandra West (WHITE NOISE), Lochlyn Munro (FREDDY VS. JASON) and P.J. Soles (HALLOWEEN, THE DEVIL’S REJECTS) star in this grisly shocker written by Stephen J. Cannell that rips open the dark side of a not-so-innocent childhood legend.

Another Blind Buy... but again... the trailer looked pretty good... so figured I would give it a shot!

19. The Grudge 2
Acclaimed producers Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Taka Ichise have re-teamed with director Takashi Shimizu and screenwriter Stephen Susco to present this heart-stopping sequel to the smash-hit thriller, The Grudge. When Aubrey Davis learns her sister Karen (Sarah Michelle Geller) has been hospitalized, she immediately flies to Tokyo. Once there, she learns her sister's horrifying story and discovers that the fatal supernatural curse has been unleashed. Now, as the grudge spreads across the world, a new host of unsuspecting victims are about to become infected by the force that can't be stopped -- and won't be killed.

And yet another Blind Buy.... but I enjoyed the first one... so figure this is a safe bet.

20. Supernatural: The Complete Second Season
After the mysterious disappearance of their father, two brothers seek out and combat paranormal and supernatural events to figure the meaning linking their mother's death whom was killed years earlier by a malevolent poltergeist.

There was no way I wasn't going to get the second season this month! I love this show!

21. Masters of Horror: The Washingtonians
What if everything we believe about our sacred icons of American history turned out to be a complete lie? Jonathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Saul Rubinek (Frasier) star in this gruesome tale about the discovery of a Revolutionary War artifact that proves George Washington’s famed wooden teeth hungered for more than just liberty. How far will a group of homicidal historians now go to keep a hero’s grisly legacy alive? Would our government deliberately hide the truth to cover-up the meat of the matter? A feast of answers - complete with huge helpings of human carnage - will all be served at the final banquet of The Washingtonians.

Another episode of Masters of Horror... I never seen this when it originally aired..  but I really enjoy most the episodes so far.

22. Masters of Horror: Sounds Like
For call center supervisor Larry Pearce (Chris Bauer of The Wire, Third Watch and 8MM), listening is a way of life. His days are spent monitoring hundreds of tech support phone conversations, his ultra-sensitive ears attuned to every nuance of voice and sound. But in the months following his young son’s tragic death, Larry’s hearing intensifies until it becomes virtually superhuman. Now simple noises around him have amplified into a cacophony of torment. And as Larry slowly begins to lose his grip on reality, he must take violent action to quiet the deafening clamor. In a world where nothing screams louder than the madness of grief, how far will one man go to find the ultimate paradise of absolute silence?

Another episode of Masters of Horror... I never seen this when it originally aired..  but I really enjoy most the episodes so far.

OK... That is my October DVD Order. Looks like I will have plenty of new stuff to choose from for my horror marathon! Looking forward to checking these all out!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:08:17 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

RossRoy

Re: My October DVD Order
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:13:41 AM »
Hmm.. I wanted to order Twilight Zone, but couldn't find a DVD version from a Canadian retailer. Mind you I looked for all of 10 seconds and on only 1 retailer's site, but still, only the BR and HD versions were listed.

The Grudge 2: I saw it. I liked the first one. Creeped me out. But this installment.. Well I'd have to say it's standard cash-in sequel. Nothing earthshattering in there. It was enjoyable though, and for the completist in all of us, guess it's a necessary buy ;)

Corpse Bride: I have that. Still haven't gotten around to watching it, but how can you go wrong? Tim Burton's imagination coupled with the virtually limitless possibilities of stop motion animation? You've got a winner there!

Hannibal Rising: You HAVE to post your review of that. I mean it ;) I still didn't get around to buying it, but I will, eventually. Yet I'd still like to hear your thoughts on it very much :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »
Hmm.. I wanted to order Twilight Zone, but couldn't find a DVD version from a Canadian retailer. Mind you I looked for all of 10 seconds and on only 1 retailer's site, but still, only the BR and HD versions were listed.

Couldn't you order it from the US amazon.com??I have no idea what exchange is right now so not sure if that will stop you... and that one is a pre-order... comes out next week.

The Grudge 2: I saw it. I liked the first one. Creeped me out. But this installment.. Well I'd have to say it's standard cash-in sequel. Nothing earthshattering in there. It was enjoyable though, and for the completist in all of us, guess it's a necessary buy ;)

LOL... yup... gotta have it! Of course I never expect to enjoy a sequel as much as the first installment.

Corpse Bride: I have that. Still haven't gotten around to watching it, but how can you go wrong? Tim Burton's imagination coupled with the virtually limitless possibilities of stop motion animation? You've got a winner there!

Hope so!... I know my daughter was excited when I told her I was planning on ordering it... when it comes it will probably have to be the next one watched (if she is home that is!).

Hannibal Rising: You HAVE to post your review of that. I mean it ;) I still didn't get around to buying it, but I will, eventually. Yet I'd still like to hear your thoughts on it very much :)

I will get to this one ASAP... I really enjoyed the other Hannibal movies... so my expectations may be a little high on this one.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:43:46 AM »
Do you mind if I post my October purchases too? Let's hope not ...

My list is not as horror-centric as yours, but it's no real surprise. I'm not as big a horror fan as you are ;)

Here we go:

Day Watch (Dnevnoy dozor): Unrated
Only one thing stands between peace and Armageddon: the supernatural agents of Day Watch, who fight to control the armies of light and darkness. When the son of a senior Day Watch officer turns to the darkness, forces beyond the imagination are unleashed and the fate of the world hangs in the balance!

I bought Night Watch (Nochnoy dozor), the first in the trilogy, following a recommendation of a friend. I still haven't watched it, but since the sequel is out, another friend confirmed the first one is good, and I'm a completist? Why not. ;)

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer: The Power Cosmic Edition 2-Disc Set
The Fantastic Four learn that they aren't the only super-powered beings in the universe when they square off against the powerful Silver Surfer and the planet-eating Galactus.

Loved the first one, and I love superhero material in general. So no questions there. I was going to buy it anyway, so I did.

Black Book
In the darkest days of World War II, Jewish fugitives attempt to escape occupied Holland - only to face a Nazi ambush. Rachel Stein (Carice van Houten) alone survives the attack and joins the Dutch Resistance to avenge her family. She soon confronts the ultimate test: she must infiltrate German headquarters by tempting Captain Ludwig Myntze (Sebastian Koch). In the heat of passion, he uncovers her duplicity...but keeps her secret. Then Rachel's espionage reveals that a murderous traitor lurks within Resistance ranks. Unable to fully trust anyone, Rachel navigates a minefield of deception and becomes an enemy to both sides. Epic, passionate, breathtaking, 'BLACK BOOK' relates an untold story of World War II where the distinctions between good and evil become blurred by the complexities of human nature.

I heard so many good or great reviews and comments about this movie. How could I pass on it? Of course, it's a complete blind buy.

Spider-Man 3: 2-Disc Special Edition
Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man's suit black, his darkest demons come to light - changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains - the deadly Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Venom (Topher Grace), and the New Goblin (James Franco) - as well as the enemy within himself.

Like I said above, I love superhero movies, and Spider-Man is one of the best, IMO. Spider-Man 3 is a blind buy by itself, but I loved the other two so much, I can't imagine the third being all that much worse.

Robot Chicken: Season Two: Uncensored
It's back! Season Two of the ADULT SWIM high-octane hellspawn returns with 20 freshly hatched episodes! It's a brain-scrambling bonanza of pop culture-crushing sketch comedy, acted out by chunks of wire and plastic cunningly crafted to resemble people and animals, then stop-motion animated frame by painstaking frame in the style of the old masters! COME PARTAKE IN A PUNK ROCK PUPPET POOL PARTY!

What can I say? I guess this is an acquired taste. Everybody I told about this, didn't like it. But I just loved season 1!! So when I saw Season 2 was out, I couldn't resist!

Bug: Special Edition
A lonely waitress with a tragic past, Agnes rooms in a run-down motel, living in fear of her abusive ex-husband. But when she begins a romance with Peter, an eccentric drifter, she starts to feel hopeful again - until the first bugs arrive...

Complete, 100% blind buy. Haven't read anything, seen anything or whatever about this movie. I saw the cover image, noticed it's got Ashley Judd in it, so I just bought. I hope it's at least OK.

Jersey Girl
Hollywood favorites Ben Affleck ('Daredevil', 'Paycheck', 'The Sum of All Fears') and Liv Tyler ('The Lord of the Rings' trilogy, 'Armageddon') shine in this heartwarming all-star comedy about a guy who think he's lost it all, only to discover he's got everything he needs! Ollie (Affleck) is a smooth successful big-city publicist who has the life he's always wanted - until things take an unexpected turn and he finds himself an unemployed single father back living with his dad in the suburbs. But just when he thinks his life has hit rock bottom, a sexy, no-nonsense video store clerk (Tyler) enters his life and shows Ollie that sometimes you have to forget who you thought you were and acknowledge what really makes you happy. Also starring Jennifer Lopez ('Maid In Manhattan') and Jason Biggs ('American Pie') - director Kevin Smith ('Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back') has delivered another hit critics are calling one of the year's funniest!

The Chasing Amy thread reminded me of this movie. So I ordered it. Haven't seen it, so it's a blind buy again, but it's part of the Kevin Smith universe, so it's got to have something ;)

Grindhouse Presents: Planet Terror: 2-Disc Special Edition
After an experimental bio-weapon is released, turning thousands into zombie-like creatures, it's up to a rag-tag group of survivors to stop the infected and those behind its release.

Ever since I heard about that Grindhouse experiment, I've been curious about it. So now that both movie will be out soon, and having already bought Death Proof, how could I pass Planet Terror?

Veronica Mars: The Complete Third Season
In the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, California, Hearst College stands as a beacon of higher education. But within this idyllic and sun-drenched campus, higher education is not always what it appears. Between the beer-soaked dorm parties and the all-night cram sessions, the members of the student body are facing a terrifying threat. Luckily for them, freshman and part-time private investigator Veronica Mars is used to taking on a few extracurricular activities. Hoping to leave the ghosts of Neptune High behind her, Veronica is now a freshman at Hearst College, along with her boyfriend, Logan Echolls, and best friends, Wallace Fennel and Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie. But despite the students' efforts to soak up the college experience in their own way, it quickly becomes obvious that some ghosts are here to stay. Even their high school graduation was marred when Veronica's unlikely ally, Eli "Weevil" Navarro, was arrested and dragged out of the ceremony in handcuffs. Add the increasingly dangerous private investigator business run by her father, Keith, to Veronica's spreading reputation around campus as a girl who can fix the unfixable, and it becomes clear that Hearst College has never encountered a student like Veronica Mars before.

Well, I've been waiting for this one since I watched Season 2. Finally, the wait is almost over!

Transformers
From director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg comes a thrilling battle between the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. When their epic struggle comes to Earth, all that stands between the Decepticons and ultimate power is a clue held by young Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf). Unaware that he is mankind’s last chance for survival, Sam and Bumblebee, his robot disguised as a car, are in a heart-pounding race against an enemy unlike anything anyone has seen before. It’s the incredible, breath-taking film spectacular that USA Today says "will appeal to the kid in all of us."

Does it really need a presentation? I haven't been this excited about a summer blockbuster in YEARS. And to top it all, I heard it's actually a decent movie!

Voltron: Defender of the Universe: Collection Four: Red Lion
A series of unnatural earth tremors frightens the Space mice into action. Rather than running or hiding, they begin to train like soldiers, and fight a pitched battle against the Blue Cat. To back them up, Pidge builds them their very own robot vehicle, a flying mouse. Before they have a successful flight, Voltron is trapped by a powerful underground Robeast. It's up to the Space Mice to launch a rescue mission!

I've been a fan of Voltron for as long as I can remember. So of course I'm buying those. Now, if only they would release Goldorak / Grandizer.

The Jungle Book: Platinum Edition
Bagheera the Panther and Baloo the Bear have a difficult time trying to convince a boy to leave the jungle for human civilization.

What's a movie collection, without the Disney classics? Especially when you have 2 nieces who love / will love movies (2y4m and -3m*)

So there you have it. That's everything I have ordered for October.

* Yes, my sister's second baby is not even born yet, she's due in January 2008. But still, what kid doesn't like movies?  :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:49:08 AM by RossRoy »

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:47:36 AM »
Couldn't you order it from the US amazon.com??I have no idea what exchange is right now so not sure if that will stop you... and that one is a pre-order... comes out next week.
Well, I could, and the exchange rate is actually in my favor at the moment (1.00 CAD = 1.00334 USD), but the hassle of customs and shipping charges still don't make it better to order from the US. But if the exchange rate keeps improving, that might top the scales.

I will get to this one ASAP... I really enjoyed the other Hannibal movies... so my expectations may be a little high on this one.
Yeah, my expectations are a bit high on this one too; and the guy playing the younger Hannibal has some very bog shoes to fill. I hope it doesn't disappoint too much.

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »
Pete, I hope you were getting The Exorcist: The Beginning free with something!  :devil: I saw Dominion and it was dreadful. And apparently, that's the good version of The Beginning...  :shrug:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:40:12 AM »
LOL... I heard just the opposite. It wasn't free... but it was dirt cheap... only $6.49 But I'm not worried... even if I don't like it... wouldn't be the first movie I bought that I didn't care for.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »
I really liked the sound of Paul Schraders Exorcist prequel. It seemed like it was going to be an intelligent drama, like the original. But the studio got cold feet, thought it was boring and sacked him. Enter Renny Harlin, who added loads of CGI demonic stuff and refilmed half the thing. It crashed and burned at the box office, and when I heard Paul "I told you so nyah" Schrader had managed to get at all his footage was releasing his vision, I got excited.

Sad thing is, the studio were right...  :P

SailorRipley

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 06:28:16 AM »
Both of those two Exorcists were.... hum, dreadful? Pretty much.

I was pretty excited about the Schrader version, but it bore me to death. Harlin's dummy Exorcist was more "fun", but still BAD.

I enjoyed your list, Pete. There are several there that I'm looking forward to! :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »
Thanks...
Amazon is playing with me though... So far I got 3 shipment notices... each time saying only 1 title has shipped. What are they going to do send them all to me one at a time!  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
That's what most UK online stores do now and it's really annoying! If you order quite a few as you have, the postie (when she bothers to turn up  :tease: ) seems to be outside my door for ages, popping them in one at a time. Actually puts me off placing large orders, which is a good thing I suppose.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
Well... I am in a good place with my mail lady. She is a friend of mine. Used to be a customer at the video store I used to manage. And I always took care of her... saving her movies she wanted and such. So to this day she tends to take extra good care of me.though once in a while... if I get to many packages within a short period of time she will beat up on me a little. So I may be getting a beating here soon!  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
Deep Discount DVD is the same... They have no option to send them all at the same time.

My last order only had items that had been labeled as "In Stock", yet I have currently about 5 packages in the mail ???

That is the one thing I still like about DVD Empire, their option to send everything together actually works that way. They are mostly more expensive than Deep Discount though.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »
It really don't bother me too much... I don't mind getting a few here and there.. but when I ordered 19 titles from Amazon and it seems that they are sending one at a time.... that in my opinion is going to far... and seems like they are just playing with me!  :P

Even now it is not really a problem that I am really concerned about... as long as I get them all in a timely fashion I really don't care how they come. :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 05:41:31 PM »
I've had more damaged items and rattlers since this policy kicked in though. Back when HMV would put everything in one box, it naturally employed more cushioning. I've had to return two in this past month.