Author Topic: Hello from outter space  (Read 3502 times)

kneato

Hello from outter space
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:40 PM »
Didn't know where to place this so if this is the wrong place I'm so sorry. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here on the forum. I found the site today after searching and searching for a forum where I could feel right at home. I am kneato but known to people as Amber. I roam around in the Lone Star State, Texas. I am a big movie fan but find myself always picking up the same type of movies, I want to expand my passion outside of what I normally watch. I love horror movies but I wouldn't call myself a horror buff or anything to the nature. I have lately been watching a lot of foreign movies like Nobody Knows, Turtles Can Fly and some others. Born in the 80's it seems that with movie watching I have yet to watch many movies before that time period. I want to be able to jump into movie discussions on just about every genre and time period there is, so why not join a forum where I can share my passion with others. I didn't really start buying dvds heavy until about 2002 by the end of 2006 we had acquired over 800 dvds, by the start of 2007 we were down to 0. Now that we are all settled into the new place I think its time I start back up.  To make a long introduction short, I am happy to have found a place where I feel my opinion will be heard and I wont be personally attacked for having a different taste as everyone else. I look forward to chatting with you all, so don't be shy I promise I wont e-bite you lol. Oh and a quick question, the images some of you have in your sigs where did you get that, I would love to display the dvds that I watch.

Touti

Re: Hello from outter space
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:40:22 PM »
As I posted in another thread, it's nice to have you around Kneato.  I hope you enjoy the place, we're a small crowd but we're growing slowly when new people who share our passion join us, just like you did.

For the banners in the sigs that show dvd's that people watched, it's done with phpDVDProfiler.  I think there's a link on the banner to the site of the creator of this wonderful tool.

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
Kneato, do you know about DVD Profiler? You'll need that before you can create the banners. We're all fugitives from the discussion forums relating to DVD Profiler so it's easy to assume that everyone who comes here does so because of that program.

Hey Eric, I hope Kneato hasn't heard of DVD Profiler because that means people are finding the site without linking it with Invelos. That'd be a cool development.

Touti

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:58:09 PM »
Kneato, do you know about DVD Profiler? You'll need that before you can create the banners. We're all fugitives from the discussion forums relating to DVD Profiler so it's easy to assume that everyone who comes here does so because of that program.

Hey Eric, I hope Kneato hasn't heard of DVD Profiler because that means people are finding the site without linking it with Invelos. That'd be a cool development.

You know, you're right.  I totally assumed that Kneato found us through Invelos.  It would be so cool if he found us some other way.......which I would very much like to know about if it's the case ;)

kneato

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »
thank you for the warm welcomes, I have actually heard of DVD Profiler and I actually have it on my laptop but I have never used it. I did a yahoo search for movie forums and I think it was the second page that bought me to www.dvdcollectorsonline.com and from there I just clicked on forum. Kind of glad I found the place while its still a growing community, it will be a lot easier to get to know everyone.

ok just one more question, I probably could have done a search for this answer, if it has in fact been answered just point me in the right direction.

The movie marathon's, are these like personal ones are does the forum as a whole pick a few movies and everyone watches them, then come back here to discuss?

Touti

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »
The Marathons were actually started by Addicted2DVD who's a huge TV series and Horror Movies fan.  We started posting reviews of what we watch and Pete has been very very active in that section.   We have him to thank for that.

As for "Official forum movie discussions" if I can call them that way, we have a section where we discuss a specific movie chosen by the community, similar to a "Book club".  We've done only one so far but now that summer is almost gone and we won't be outside as much I hope we will resume that and do it more often (btw Kathy, did you ever get that "Soylent Green" dvd ?)

You check this thread if you're interested Kneato, I surely hope you will join us in that.

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/board,55.0.html

kneato

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 07:30:13 PM »
I sure will, I'm just looking over the forum trying to get familiar with what goes where and stuff, I plan to jump right into everything thats going on here.

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
Don't be afraid to kick some life into older threads either. They're only old because we ran out of relevant things to say. If you read through the threads on Contact or A.I. and think of something new, stick it in!

Touti

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 08:32:08 PM »
Don't be afraid to kick some life into older threads either. They're only old because we ran out of relevant things to say. If you read through the threads on Contact or A.I. and think of something new, stick it in!

We had a thread on A.I ?  :o

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
Hi Amber. We are just about the most interesting people on the internet so I'm sure you'll be happy to have found us!  :laugh: After reading your "Hello from outer space" intro, I look forward to more of your postings. ;D

(btw Kathy, did you ever get that "Soylent Green" dvd ?)

I did pick up the movie but I haven't had the chance to see it; I'm been animal sitting for a friend who is on vacation and they don't have a TV. I'll be back home in a couple of days and it will be the first film I watch.

Touti

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 11:56:19 PM »

:voodoo:

Ouoch ! Ouille ! Please no ! Ouch !  (Did you ever notice that Scarlett's mouse isn't straight ?) Ouch ! Ouille ! Ouch !

lyonsden5

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 12:50:29 AM »
We're all fugitives from the discussion forums relating to DVD Profiler
:hysterical: :hysterical: :-\

too funny.

Welcome kneato. Nice to have another new face around here  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 11:28:17 AM »
We are just about the most interesting people on the internet so I'm sure you'll be happy to have found us!
:hysterical:

Welcome, Amber. We may not be the most interesting people, being DVD geeks and all, but we are certainly a quite diverse group from all over the place (which, I guess, might just make us interesting :laugh:)

lovemunkey187

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »

:voodoo:

Ouoch ! Ouille ! Please no ! Ouch !  (Did you ever notice that Scarlett's mouse isn't straight ?) Ouch ! Ouille ! Ouch !

"Scarlett's mouse isn't straight"  :o

Where did you get the upskirt pictures to know that Scarlett's mouse isn't straight?, it's not for me you understand a friend asked me :bag: