Author Topic: Received some bad news...  (Read 9349 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Received some bad news...
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »
Another Update

As I said earlier... they wanted to work more on her Anemia then the spot in her lung at this moment. This is because since it is progressing so slowly it would be better to get my mother strong again before having to treat her again for the cancer.

They had determined that she is Iron deficient... and started iron treatments. So far she has had 4 treatments (out of 8 or 9 needed)... and there has already been a great improvement. her blood levels went from a 6.1 to a 10.2... which I think is at least fairly close to normal.

Since these Iron treatments my mother has been much more active and her color is back and she seems to be doing much better all the way around. It feels great... feels like my old mother is back some! :)

Within the next week she has to have another Iron treatment, another blood test, another CT Scan... and also has to have a pill cam test scheduled. So we are still doing lots of running around and stuff with her. But I am still managing to get some time here online... and still getting to watch plenty of DVDs... which I was wondering if I would be able to do. Yes it is cut down some of course... but I have still found some me time too. :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »
Since these Iron treatments my mother has been much more active and her color is back and she seems to be doing much better all the way around. It feels great... feels like my old mother is back some! :)
I am happy for your good news! :clap:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
Thanks Achim :)
Pete

ninehours

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
This is very good news

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2008, 02:43:30 AM »
Update Time
I went to the doctor's office with my mother today.going over some tests she has had and such. I am thrilled to say it is more good news. I am not sure if I mentioned this before... but she is on oxygen tanks. Her Oxygen level is good. Her blood levels came down a little since the last visit.... but still in good shape. And the best news of all... the spot on her lung has not grown any in the last couple/few months. And the doctor said even though he can not be sure without a biopsy... he really believes that it is not her cancer coming back... that they probably just saw a sist or something. He said that if it was cancerous they would have seen some activity over the last few months.

My mother had me bring my camera with me today as she wanted to get some pics of herself with some of the nurses and the doctor today. First here you go... meet my mother... The strongest woman I ever known!

Here she is with the nurses right before getting blood drawn.

And here she is with her doctor.

Pete

Halo2

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 02:52:39 AM »
Pete,

Thanks for sharing. My best to your mother. We all share in the victories both great and small! My wife in now 3 years cancer free and I relish every moment with her even more. Here is to many more years of having your mother around!

Halo2  :cheers:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »
Thanks! Congrats to your wife as well!  :thumbup:

My mother was first diagnosed 4 years ago.And as I said in a previous post... she finally seems to be somewhat back to her old self... the mom I remember! I hope we both (well all of us for that matter) has many more years with our loved ones!  :cheers:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
Congratulations on the good news Pete.  I'm really glad to hear it. :clap:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
Thanks Mark :)
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 11:42:17 PM »
Happy days! Oh Pete this is truly wonderful news - I got a little nervous when I saw the subject heading. Thanks for letting us know.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:57 PM »
Thanks Kathy  ;D

And sorry about that! I figured just bump the thread that I originally did about it instead of starting a whole new thread.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 06:19:58 AM »
I am also pleased to have read the good news. Best wishes to your mom, Pete!

Funny enough, seeing this thread bumped I didn't expect bad news at all...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:38 PM »
Thanks Achim :)
Pete