Author Topic: Received some bad news...  (Read 9348 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Received some bad news...
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
Damn cancer. I'm sorry to hear your family has to deal with this again. My hopes and prayers are with all of you.

RossRoy

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
So sorry to hear that, Pete. My thoughts are with you all.

Halo2

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »
Words cannot convey the saddness I feel for you and your mother. All of you are in my prayers nightly. We will be here for you when you have time or need us.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
Just a short not to Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers... I really appreciate it. I am on my way to take her to today's appointment now.
Pete

ninehours

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mother

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
Thanks Nick...
And for a little bit of good news. the doctor removed a growth from my daughter's eyelid and sent it for testing last week. The tests just came back and thankfully it was benign. :)
Pete

ninehours

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2008, 02:23:23 AM »
I was tested for a lump that turn out to be nothing harmful you can't explain the relief when you hear that.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »
Sorry to be late Pete, I just get back home. Take all the time you must with your mother, DVD and internet are fun but your familly is much more important. I hope that your mother will get better and I will pray for you and your familly.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »
Thanks Jimmy

Took my mother to her doctor first thing this morning. they did some lab work and discovered her blood was really low... as was her iron. So they admitted her to the hospital for... as they put it.... a few days. While they do a blood transfusion (which I was expecting) as well as some tests to see why she is so anemic all the time. She has been staying anemic for a while now.
Pete

xyrano

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
 :'( hope you are able to :swordfight: off the bad. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
Thanks xyrano!

I just got off the phone with my mother. They have her blood and iron levels back up... said she is doing really good. :) Brittany and I will be leaving within the next hour or so to go visit her.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad news, Pete.

Wishing all the best for your mom!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Thanks Achim...
they still have her in the hospital. And from what I understand they gave her some more blood and iron today. hopefully they will be able to figure out why her levels keep going down like this. I am also expecting (well hoping) she will be home in the next day or two.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 06:04:50 PM »
An Update

Well... we just got back from getting some test results. It is not the best news in the world... but it could have been a lot worse. At the beginning of the cancer return scare they saw 4 spots in my mother's chest that looked suspicious. Now I am glad to say they ruled 3 of the 4 spots are actually radiation scarring... but the one other is growing so is an active spot. At this point they are going with the idea that the cancer is back... but they can not confirm this until she has the biopsy. Which at this point they are still deciding the best method... whether they want to do the biopsy by going down her throat... or if they want to do it with a needle.

This one active spot is slowly progressing... so they feel like it isn't something they need to rush into... though they do want to get it done. At this point they are thinking if it is indeed cancerous they can get rid of it with a weaker form of chemo then she had to have the first time because it is progressing so slowly.

Right now they seem more concerned with finding out why she keeps becoming anemic. That seems to be a more pressing concern at the moment. They did say she is iron deficient... so that is part of it at least. We will know more in a couple days when we go back to the chemo doctor to check her levels.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »
I've always felt that the only thing you should fear is the unknown. It sounds like you are about to know a lot. If you can see it, you can point at it and tell it to get lost! I bet it's far from a pleasant experience for any of you, but there's a plan and that's got to be good.