Author Topic: Received some bad news...  (Read 9350 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Received some bad news...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »
Thank you... Cheers!
Pete

Lithurge

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »
Sorry to hear the bad news. Best wishes to you and your mum and hope she beats it again.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 07:02:49 AM »
Thank you...
Well I just recently got back from the hospital. I spent the day there with my mother. She has been anemic for a while now... and they decided that it was time to go ahead and giver her a transfusion... after the doctor's appointment and 10am... we went straight to the hospital got there about noon... and left at 11:45pm.

Needless to say... it has been a long day. So I just popped on to have a quick look... and will be back online at some point tomorrow.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 07:16:22 AM »
Very sorry to hear the sad news. Wishing all the best to your mom on her fight against the cancer!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 01:36:05 PM »
Thanks Achim.... Appreciate it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »
Well... I didn't get to start the second season of Veronica Mars yet...I had to take my mother back to the hospital yesterday. Turns out she has pneumonia... and it turns out her oxygen levels in her blood was pretty low. So after waiting for hours in the waiting room... they finally admitted her... and by the time my brother and I got her settled into her room it was almost midnight before we finally got out of there... and almost 1am by the time we got home.

Worst part for me is I had to be sure to be up by 5:30 this morning to have my daughter up and ready for her first day back to school. Needless to say... I am pretty much dead on my feet... so after the bus picks up my daughter... I will be headed back to bed.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »
Very sorry to hear this. But there is no need to apologize for not watching TV/writing postings for us to read. Family comes first. Always.

Hope she gets better soon.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
Thanks Karsten :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
Just a little update...

My mother is now out of the hospital... but she is now on Oxygen... her oxygen levels in her blood is low. She seems much better... so she beat this round of pneumonia.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
Just a little update...

My mother is now out of the hospital... but she is now on Oxygen... her oxygen levels in her blood is low. She seems much better... so she beat this round of pneumonia.

That's good news Pete.  Being out of the hospital and back in her home will make her get better quickly.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
yeah... I can see a difference in her already... she is so happy to be home. :)
Pete

Lithurge

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 09:13:31 PM »
To quote some film or other "There's no place like home".

Glad to hear she's out of hospital and improving.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »
Thanks... she is definitely more comfortable here... that is for sure. She is now relaxing in her room... watching some episodes of The Sopranos. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
OK all..
As I said in the Charmed thread... it is now 100% official. My mother's cancer is definitely back. Unfortunately the fight will be a much tougher one for her as she is much weaker this time around.

So that being said... I will be on the run with her quite a bit to different doctor appointments... and I will be wanting to spend as much time with her as possible. So my time here may be cut down a bit. I will continue to watch a couple dvds per day... and will do my best to post here as much as possible. Though it may be a little less then normal. and of course that is only because of real life getting in the way.

I know you all understand this... but I didn't want it to look like I just disappeared with no word if I couldn't post for a couple or few days straight.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »
I'mn sorry about your mother Pete but with your help I'm sure she's gonna beat it again.  Our best thoughts to both of you !