Author Topic: Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 1  (Read 2182 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 1
« on: August 21, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »
Title: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season
Year: 2008
Length: 394min.
Video: 1.78:1 Widescreen
Audio: English DD 5.1, Portuguese
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Thia
Stars:
Lena Headey as Sarah Connor
Thomas Dekker as John Conner
Summer Glau as Cameron

Plot:
The mother of all destiny. Her son, the future leader of mankind. Their protector, a Terminator from the future. Together they must take back the future as Sarah Connor (300's Lena Headey) prepares her son to fight the war against machines determined to annihilate the human race. The Clock is ticking. Can they stop Judgment Day?

Episodes:

1. Pilot (Commentary with Summer Glau, Executive Producer/Writer Josh Friedman, Executive Producer James Middleton and Director David Nutter)
   2. Gnothi Seauton
   3. The Turk (Commentary with Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, Producer Josh Friedman and Executive Producer John Wirth)
   4. Heavy Metal
   5. Queen's Gambit
   6. Dungeons and Dragons
   7. The Demon Hand
   8. Vick's Chip
   9. What He Beheld (Commentary with Summer Glau, Brian Austin Green, Executive Producer Josh Friedman and Writer Ian Goldberg)

Extras:

* 3 Commentaries as noted above
    * Terminated Scenes (Deleted Scenes)
    * Creating the Chronicles (3 part look at the series' production process.)
    * Gag Reel
    * Cast Audition Tapes
    * Storyboard: Animatic of the School Attack Sequence
    * Summer Glau Dance Rehearsal
    * 52min. Extended Cut of Episode 7: The Demon Hand

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I have ever seen any of this series. It was a total blind buy... as I don't even remember seeing commercials for it. I admit I think I went into this series with more expectations then I should of have. Especially after finding out that Summer Glau is in this series. She played one of my favorite characters in Firefly. I knew since the first time I ever heard they were doing this series I wanted to see it. Unfortunately, when it came on there was also 2 other shows I didn't want to give up watching on the same time. So that meant I had to decide to wait for the DVD Release.  Hopefully this year that will be different... as I ended up really enjoying this series. Of course they went all out for the pilot episode... so that was awesome. And for the most part the rest was very well done... with a fair amount of action... great stories... and amazing special effects. Especially considering they were on a TV Series budget.

I only looked at a handful of extras so far... First off the deleted scenes were pretty cool. There was on scene in particular (the first deleted scene from the pilot) that should have never been taken out... as it explains what the characters are talking about in a couple scenes. Then I watched the Gag Reel... which is something I normally love... but this one just wasn't that entertaining. I also watched the Audition Tapes... which are exactly what they sound like. 3 of the actors going through lines trying to get the parts.  I also watched the Summer Glau Dance Rehearsal. That was just a video of her in a room by herself ballet dancing... as she was a ballerina before she got into acting. She does some ballet in one of the episodes in this set... so it must of been her rehearsing for that. The rest of the extras I saved for the next time I am in the mood to watch the series. Over-all a nice collection of extras on a great release for this series. I am thrilled that I got the DVDs... and hope to catch the second season as it airs.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 1
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:28:47 PM »
I finally gave in and bought this one too, if only for Summer Glau. Still very low expectations for the rest. "300's Lena Headey" makes me shudder. Well, at least there are Chinese subtitles.  ;D
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »
Matthias, I assume you must have some interest in the Terminator films to stump up for this? If so, I doubt you'll be completely disappointed. It's not perfect, but the action and themes fit in well with the first two films.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:51:04 AM »
Matthias, I assume you must have some interest in the Terminator films to stump up for this? If so, I doubt you'll be completely disappointed. It's not perfect, but the action and themes fit in well with the first two films.

Well, if it had been a full season, I would have passed on it. But thanks to the WGA strike, it's only 9 episodes, so I'm willing to give it a try. Plus, you really can't complain about the price.

It's been a long time since I watched T1 and T2. I liked them well, but I never felt compelled to buy the DVDs.
Matthias

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:13 AM »
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did Matthias! :)
Pete

dvdloverCJ

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
Hmm am debating buying this, i need some more Drama tv series to get into, not saying that is, just stating a fact, i need to get into more tv shows :)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 06:36:31 AM »
I've been considering this one too, especially after discovering that Summer Glau is in it.  I just haven't decided yet since I haven't seen any episodes at all yet.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
I went for a blind buy after seeing an image of Sarah (?) surrounded by 8 terminators at gunpoint :laugh: What could go wrong...

Boomstick98

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
So, as far as timeline goes does, does this series take place following T2?  :-\ I just couldn't see a Terminator TV show being very good with all the special effects that would be required, but it sounds like they did pretty well. May check it out.  :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »
Yes, it follows T2, mainly ignoring Terminator 3.