Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »
I didn't want to take over someone's threads but I occasionally wonder about the changes in avatars...so...

Rick - why have you gone squirrely? 

Touti

Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
I am much more concerned by Rossroy getting rid of the hotties !

lyonsden5

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »
I didn't want to take over someone's threads but I occasionally wonder about the changes in avatars...so...

Rick - why have you gone squirrely? 

It's actually a fledgling blue jay that "landed" in our yard a while ago. It was quite an ordeal keeping him alive and safe until he was able to fly.

He was in the yard for just over a week. In that time we had to with create a nest for him that he would use and Mom would still come to feed him, protect him from some pretty bad thunderstorms (they do get intense here in Florida in the summer), we had two different snake attacks we thwarted, one cat... inquisition we'll call it (about 20 other blue jays helped with that one), and a pair of owls that were checking him out two different evenings. I woke up every day as the sun was coming up just to go check on him and see if he made it through another night.

It was an experience I will never forget.

We still see him at our bird feeder. He had a damaged wing (from the fall we guess). You could still see the damage as he arrived at our feeder about 10 days after he left us. Now the damage is gone but Lori (my wife) says she still recognizes him. Could be. They are all colored slightly different and she does pick out the same one as "him" each time so who know.

That's my story.  :-[

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »
I am much more concerned by Rossroy getting rid of the hotties !

Yeah, that is quite odd eh? Don't know why I did it. Guess I got a little too enthusiastic with FaceYourManga.com ;)

Don't worry, the hotties will be back eventually. They are still online if you need a fix! :P

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »
Don't worry, the hotties will be back eventually. They are still online if you need a fix! :P

Told you they'd be back sooner or later  ;D

Touti

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »

Told you they'd be back sooner or later  ;D

:yahoo:

lyonsden5

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »
OK - time for a change.

To honor this weeks release of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Season 3 I've changed to Dennis, Mac and Charlie. If you are not familiar with this show it is without a doubt the most "wrong" show I have even seen. You will either absolutely love it or completely despise it and anyone who likes it.

Grabbing my copy today. 

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »
noJ,

thaw deneppah?

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »
 :-X!dehsart tog ecalp eht ,tnew cirE sa noos sA

Sanuye

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
:-X!dehsart tog ecalp eht ,tnew cirE sa noos sA

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:03:09 PM »
Rick,

I noticed your dog has recently died - my sympathies to you. What kind of a dog was he/she? And what was his/her name?

lyonsden5

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »
His name was Shadow. He was a Pit Bull / Lab mix we rescued as a puppy 15 years ago. He was a very good buddy of mine, especially for the last 4 years (after another dog I had passed away).

We had to put him to sleep. His mind was OK but he was having a lot of issues with his joints. Sometimes he could hardly walk. The last week or so his back end would just give out on him.

It was a hard decision.  It would have been easier if he was super sick or something. But he was in a lot of pain and the chance of him breaking a hip or something was high. Or simply his legs giving out to where he couldn't get up at all. We just couldn't wait for that to happen.

We did it the day we left to come to my Brother's house to house sit. One reason we did it that day was with us leaving we wouldn't be looking for him as much. We also brought our 13 year old Yellow Lab with us (the one I used in the horror mansion game last year). Hopefully by the time we get back her routine will have been so messed up by being away for over two weeks she wont miss him that much. We don't go home till this weekend. It will be the 1st time back home without my buddy there  :( I know I will miss him a lot once we get home. I work from home and work a lot of hours . Whenever I worked he would be found lying down under the table just to my left. For 4 years now, 60, 70, 80 hours a week he has been there. It's going to be tough when I get back home and back to work...  :weep:

Thank you for your thoughts.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »
Jimmy I noticed your new avatar...my how your taste in women has changed! :o :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 11:44:18 PM »
I will change it soon for something more beautifull when I will watch some movie probably this weekend.

This is not supposed to be visible (if the film was not cheap), but it's a dog with a fur on it with some false teeth and dog picture are cute  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »
Ahh..so that's what that is.  I've been wondering.