Author Topic: Movie Suggestion.  (Read 13346 times)

SailorRipley

Re: Movie Suggestion.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 07:08:11 PM »
Question 1. Would it be fair to pick a movie that everybody has seen or at least are familiar with? Since I believe we would be discussing plot points, this way we won't ruin endings or important details for those who haven't seen the film.

Question 2. How about a poll to vote for the next film to discuss?. Once that film has been discussed in its own thread, is it possible to take it out of the poll and integrate every new suggestion posted in this thread to that poll?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »
Question 1. Would it be fair to pick a movie that everybody has seen or at least are familiar with? Since I believe we would be discussing plot points, this way we won't ruin endings or important details for those who haven't seen the film.

Question 2. How about a poll to vote for the next film to discuss?. Once that film has been discussed in its own thread, is it possible to take it out of the poll and integrate every new suggestion posted in this thread to that poll?

I'm game for anything. But...another poll?! :devil:

Touti

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »

That was the plan.  Since we're still only a few (not gonna go with handful again, I learned my lesson :)) it would be best to allow everyone to participate.

That was the plain also.  And btw, nobody said we can only discuss 1 movie at time, it could be more in separate threads.  As for what we're gonna discuss, it could be the plot, the message (or lack of) or anything else someone wants to bring up.  I guess it all comes down to.....we"ll talk about the movie.

I'll open up a poll with the titles that were suggested so far.

lyonsden5

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 04:18:07 AM »
By the way, I think it would be good to get the next movie sorted out now.

Perhaps we can pick a new movie every two weeks. While we're discussing one we can pick out and have time to watch the next one.

sound good?  :shrug:

Najemikon

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
I'd very much like to kick off the A.I. discussion, but of course it all depends on whether people have seen it recently enough or are able to, like with Contact.

I must say, I think there are a couple of similarities with Contact (mankind trying to take things too fast and control nature, etc) that would make a nice transition.

Touti

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
A.I sounds good to me.  I'll pick up a copy tomorrow.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »
By the way, I think it would be good to get the next movie sorted out now.

Perhaps we can pick a new movie every two weeks. While we're discussing one we can pick out and have time to watch the next one.

sound good?  :shrug:

I thought I’d consolidate the suggestion list:

1) Contact
2) A.I. – next discussion right? Or do we need a poll?

Other Suggestions:

9 Songs
A Clockwork Orange
Cannibal Holocaust
Capote
Citizen Kane
The Dreamers
Good Will Hunting
Irreversible
Jacob's Ladder
Kids
The Life of David Gale
The Lover
Margaret's Museum
The Prestige
Soylent Green
Starship Troopers
United 93

Other suggerstions?

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 01:05:35 AM »
A poll? Another one? You've spent too much time on Invelos, missus!  :surrender:

Because it's been rattling around my head since we started this thread, I just watched A.I. again. Sometimes I need an excuse to watch certain and I'm always glad I found one. It definitely improves with repeated viewings. Well, I reckon so anyhoo ...  ;D

I've got my pro-A.I, "the-ending-is-actually-superb-not-tacked-on" soapbox all ready and waiting, so bring it on!  :tomato:

m.cellophane

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 01:07:16 AM »
Hey, I haven't even loaded Contact yet.  :surrender:

I'm up for watching A.I. again though too.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 01:43:08 AM »
A poll? Another one? You've spent too much time on Invelos, missus!  :surrender:

Because it's been rattling around my head since we started this thread, I just watched A.I. again. Sometimes I need an excuse to watch certain and I'm always glad I found one. It definitely improves with repeated viewings. Well, I reckon so anyhoo ...  ;D

I've got my pro-A.I, "the-ending-is-actually-superb-not-tacked-on" soapbox all ready and waiting, so bring it on!  :tomato:

I wasn't sure if others wanted to follow the format of the 1st discussion.

A.I. is fine with me - I'll watch it again tonight.

As far as "needing an excuse to watch" a DVD... :hysterical:

lyonsden5

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 01:51:15 AM »
sold my A.I a few months ago.

not going to buy it again.

I'll sit and watch

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 02:56:04 AM »
sold my A.I a few months ago.

not going to buy it again.

I'll sit and watch

If you've seen the movie and you want to contribute - why don't you?

Or is that against the rules?!? :readthis:

Touti

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 03:32:58 AM »
There is no rule here, it's not a game ;)

lyonsden5

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »
wouldn't remember enough of the "finer" points to add anything except for the fact that HJO creeped me out  :wacko:

SailorRipley

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 06:22:14 PM »
I'll watch A.I. later today.

Kathy... what happened to the dog stew?!?  :o Are we imprisoning pandas now?