Author Topic: Name This Movie: Screencap Game  (Read 64430 times)

Najemikon

Re: Name This Movie: Screencap Game
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2007, 12:58:01 AM »
You'd best come back, otherwise I'll be mounting a British panda-hunting team! Anyway, they're anti-everything at Invelos...  :devil:

ninehours

« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »
 :thundergod: your board mate  :yahoo:

Najemikon

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2007, 01:16:30 AM »
Nope, I've thunked and thunked, and I thunk this will be obvious!  :tease:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
I know, I know  :P

But going to give the Panda a chance.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
I know, I know  :P

But...I'm going to give the hyena a chance! :laugh:

I don't believe you.

Mainly because it's not an American film  :P

Najemikon

« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »
C'mon, Kathy, you must know this! It's too important a film to be ignored. It is magnificent. I must have seen it at least seven times.

Lithurge

« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:46 PM »
Totally off topic but I own all but two (possibly one) of the titles currently showing in your recently watched list (the one's I don't own are Four Brothers and the placeholder picture.

Not really sure it was worth a post, just slightly spooky.  :whistle:

Najemikon

« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
It just shows you have excellent taste!  :laugh: It needs updating though, but I don't have the sync tool, so it takes ages. The missing pic is for Coffy.

So you even have Encounters of a Spooky Kind? Not that I will for much longer. I doubt I'll keep it as aside from a couple of decent fights I found it quite annoying.

Lithurge

« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
I quite enjoyed Close Encounters, but hopefully you're starting to get my film tastes are somewhat broad by now.

I don't own Coffy so is it/Four Brothers any good?

Najemikon

« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
Coffy is no good at all, but that's kind of the point! It's a basic, very predictable revenge flick, filtered through jive. Breasts are shown at every opportunity even if it makes no sense at all, the dialogue is so bad it makes your ears bleed and it seems to have been directed by an arthritic moose. Yet somehow, it's so damn cool. Pam Grier is fantastic and it's good fun seeing her pre-Jackie Brown. The violence can be daft, but brutal and inventive. It cost me £3. If you can get for about that much it's really worth watching.

Four Brothers is great. Again, it makes little sense and it's kind of predictable. It's filmed like a Western and I really enjoyed the style; lots of long open shots that haven't been used for years. It also reminded me of the throwaway American TV of the 70s and 80s. Plot points laid on really thick, characters out of an identi-kit and all set in the strange land where detectives are happy to let known criminals handle investigations and dispense vigilante justice without a single form being filled in. So ok, it's exactly like a Western, but they could get away with stunts like that when there was no law to speak of.

To give you an idea, the titular four brothers are almost home when they are attacked by a van full of armed thugs. It is a blisteringly good action scene, with bags of blood and bullets. Lots of people die and most of the building gets flattened. The police inevitably arrive and... don't arrest anyone! In fact, they let them wander off to cause more mayhem!

Fantastic stuff if you're in the mood for A-Team style, slick nonesense. The interplay between the brothers is great fun, very watchable, and -may I be struck down for saying this- almost moving at a couple of points. Attracts the same audience as The Fast and The Furious (both John Singleton movies), but I'd say it is much better. EDIT: I forgot to mention Chiwetel Ejiofor is great villain and his character arc is actually quite fresh and interesting.

Anyway. Kathy? Another guess? C'mon!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:38:14 PM by Najemikon »

richierich

« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2007, 10:13:10 PM »
C'mon, Kathy, you must know this! It's too important a film to be ignored. It is magnificent. I must have seen it at least seven times.

several sam, your eye looks like a clue  :voodoo:

Najemikon

« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
Oh, a mere coincidence!

Najemikon

« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2007, 10:07:55 AM »
Now, did you do that yourself, was it the clues, or did Richie give the game away?  :tease:

Well done! The board is yours...

ninehours

« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »
Young Frankenstein

ninehours

« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »