Author Topic: What's the next thing you're going to watch ?  (Read 18392 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What's the next thing you're going to watch ?
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »
Chloe is the far more interesting women in that show. Lana is ... Lana.

I watched the 5th and 6th season of Smallville in two days of a weekend (ok friday evening to sunday evening).

After reading Potter 7 within 16 hours, I return to my Xena collection where I have 4 seasons left to watch.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2007, 11:39:32 AM »
I also have been a huge Chloe fan since day 1! :)
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2007, 05:48:02 PM »
You know, it's great watching Smallville from an angle where I know *nothing* of the Superman mythos. It's great! How faithful is Smallville to the main canon in the comics?

Other than what I've seen of Smallville so far (Lois Lane  :drooling: :drooling:), the only other stuff "Superman" I've seen are the four Christopher Reeve movie. I've not even seen the new movie yet!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »
A friend of mine sold me her DVD collection which includes a lot of TV series. I'm been slowly going through them and just found 5 seasons of Smallville in the lot! I haven't seen any episodes yet so I'm glad to hear it spoken of so highly. I may have to have a Smallville marathon in the not too distant future!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »
(Lois Lane  :drooling: :drooling:)
Lois looks a bit unnatural if you get my drift. It seems to be a habit to get the breasts done in the US. Is it really that bad to have natural ones over there?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

RossRoy

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2007, 08:35:54 PM »
(Lois Lane  :drooling: :drooling:)
Lois looks a bit unnatural if you get my drift. It seems to be a habit to get the breasts done in the US. Is it really that bad to have natural ones over there?

I guess so. I read somewhere that Aishwarya Rai's US agency told her that if she wanted to be successful in the US, she'd have to get breast implants. Can't provide a link though, I can't remember where I saw that, so salt accordingly  :shrug:

Besides, while she does seem to have been "remade", there's something I like very much in her face. The eyes I guess. And she has personality, something that Lana is seriously lacking, although it seems to be getting a bit better now in season 4.

You know what? They didn't manage to sell it. I just don't see how Clark would be so attached to her. Guess they failed on that front. But Lois' chemistry with Clark so far is great. I haven't seen her in many episodes yet, and one of them she was possessed by a witch, but still, this looks to be developing into something really interesting.

Oh, sorry, the end credit are over

:tv:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 10:43:40 PM »
If it matters any... this is one American that prefers natural!  :drooling:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »
If it matters any... this is one American that prefers natural!  :drooling:

While I'm not american, I prefer natural too. Though I don't mind re-engineered, when it's subtle.

RossRoy

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2007, 07:19:53 PM »
And it is coming to an end... Only 3 episodes to go, and I'm done with Season 5 of Smallville...  :weep: :goodbye:

It was quite a ride! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Can't wait for September 18th to get my hands on Season 6! (It does come out of Sept.18th, right?)

And to bring this thread closer to the original topic. What am I going to watch next?

Well the movies of course!  :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
Do you know the Superman movies?

Because Smallville is a somewhat re-imagined version of the Superman myth whereas the Superman movies are more like the comic version.

But Christopher Reeve is a great Superman nonetheless!
Karsten

Touti

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »
Well, I've been sleeping most of the afternoon so now I can watch a long movie without dozing.  Long hesitation but I finally decided on "Hidalgo" which I have never seen.

Will post my impressions in a few hours.

RossRoy

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2007, 01:52:06 AM »
Do you know the Superman movies?

Because Smallville is a somewhat re-imagined version of the Superman myth whereas the Superman movies are more like the comic version.

But Christopher Reeve is a great Superman nonetheless!

Well I've seen the Christopher Reeve movies previously, but I'm currently watching the first one and there's a lot I had forgotten!  :shrug:  But it's all coming back as I watch.

Haven't seen the new one yet though. So I'm going to discover it late tonight or tomorrow.

SailorRipley

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2007, 06:42:22 AM »
Well, I usually have no idea of what I'm going to watch next. But I just submitted myself into a nice dose of Alien + Aliens  :tv:

RossRoy

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2007, 04:41:09 AM »
Well, it's not easy choosing what to watch next right after a Superman marathon.

I watched Karmina earlier today (comedy from Quebec), and now I wanted to start watching a new TV series. I was looking through what I have, and finally settled of Dark Angel.

I've been wanted to watch it for a while now, but I kept pushing it back because I know there's no real closure to the story. But I decided what the heck, and I'm taking the dive, head first.  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2007, 12:02:58 PM »
I think I will have me a marathon of "Graboids" & "Shriekers" and watch all the Tremors movies.
Pete