Author Topic: DVDProfiler2HTML (and other tools)  (Read 9086 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: DVDProfiler2HTML (and other tools)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
I managed to reduce the HTML to 143MB.
When not using headshots and using covers from Invelos (therefore only uploading covers for non-Profiler profiles (I have a few of those)), the total comes to 230MB.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 02:22:42 AM »
I just found out, that I have 500MB of webspace at my ISP instead of the 50MB I thought I had (and which is advertised. Seems to be connected with the date of joining).

I have now uploaded my collection to it. You can reach it, when you click on "My DVDs" on my homepage (tip: Open link in new window/tab will use the complete width of your browser window).

For now I am using Invelos' cover scans (except for CCV specific profiles). Also I have resized the remaining covers and also the headshots and now come to about 200MB of data. Depending how I can manage with the bandwidth (1 gig per month), I will maybe also upload the DVD Profiler covers to get better images.

What do you guys think? How is the HTML collection working for you? How long until Karsten has had enough and will say "Stay out of my thread and start your own"?  :laugh:

I will update the layout a little the next few days. For example I will include links to Wikipedia and IMDb where available.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »
BTW:
Cast Edit 2, Cast Edit 2 For TV Shows and Find Name Duplicates are available in a new version

http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/index_en.php

And the screensaver is there, too, for those of you who don't visit the Invelos forums anymore: http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=373568
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

madacid

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 03:12:27 PM »
Cast/Crew Edit 2 (ver.1.3.4.1)

great Tool!

a pity that it won't work with CCViewer, yet  :weep: (Tom pls fix  :thundergod:  :laugh:)

FeatureRequest to the DJ: could you add "downloading a possible headshot" from the person (into a folder). would be great! :)

mad

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 05:24:16 PM »
a pity that it won't work with CCViewer, yet  :weep: (Tom pls fix  :thundergod:  :laugh:)

Fixed now. New Beta is on your way to you.
Problem was, that my Profiler cast/crew import function expected all XML attributes to be present. The way they always are in a Profiler cast/crew XML. Cast/Crew Edit 2 on the other hand makes some of them optional.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
Hi Karsten,

I hope I've got the right thread for this. I downloaded your DVDProfilerToAccess and tried to use it but it failed with the following error message :-

The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I generated the Collection.xml from DVDProfiler 3.5.1. I then ran your programme. Told the programme where the xml was and where to put the mdb. It reported something about transcoding then failed with the above error.

My system - Vista 64 Home Premium (up to date with SP's and updates) / Quad Core Processor / 6GB memory / over 600GB free space on HDD / Access 2003

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
Yeah I think that's my fault. I also upgraded to a 64bit system (Windows 7) and compiled the software on it. Unfortunately the Driver to access Access only works for 32bit executables. I have to recompile and will upload it again.

I'll let you know.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
Cheers :cheers:

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
This time it's explicitly build to run as a 32bit application and should work again with Access.

Please try again: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.5.1/DVDProfilerToAccess.zip
Karsten

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »
This time it's explicitly build to run as a 32bit application and should work again with Access.

Please try again: http://doena-soft.de/dvdprofiler/3.5.1/DVDProfilerToAccess.zip

:thanks: :bow:

Magico, that seems to have worked. Now all I need to do is to learn how to use that data  ;D

Dave
Dave

My Library