Author Topic: I'm gonna shut it down.  (Read 6523 times)

ninehours

Re: I'm gonna shut it down.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Hi Touti
Just want you to know whatever you decide your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Touti

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »
It seems to be picking up a little so I think it's really worth giving it more time.  Over 40 people had said in my poll at the beginning that they would like me to keep it up and turn it into a place for collectors.  I guess I was a bit discouraged by most of them completely forgetting about this place the second Invelos came back online.

Too bad, they don't know what they're missing ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »
That's for sure!  ;D

Me being a HUGE TV on DVD addict you will probably find me mostly in the TV Series section... but for as long as you keep it open I will be around! I think you did a great job on the site!
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 07:46:38 AM »
I still check it out everyday, I just don't have much to say.

That's true, TBH I really haven't visited many of my regular internet haunts anywhere as much l used too.

I haven't been in the mood to be sociable.

I echo others' sentiments and Thank you for you're hard work.

lyonsden5

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 01:36:05 AM »
mind if I join in  8)

Things at Invelos are usually so negative  :-X It get very frustrating.

I'll pop in daily and see if I can get some others to do so as well. I like what you have here and for the most part like the people who frequent the DVDP forums.

RossRoy

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:53 AM »
Things at Invelos are usually so negative  :-X It get very frustrating.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I usually browse forums to have fun, but the Invelos are anything but. Oh well, at least we have this forum, thanks Touti!  ;D

m.cellophane

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 03:46:09 AM »
I'll pop in daily and see if I can get some others to do so as well.
Present!  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »
I for one am glad to see some more posters here. Welcome guys! :)

Yes... the Invelos forum is more... shall we say High Strung. But I for one look at the forum in a different way. Ones like that... for support of a program... discuss contributions and discuss rules and such. That to me is less of a "fun" purpose. It is ... in my opinion as it is meant to be. Though I do agree things can get carried away there and too much of something like that can be a bit overwhelming. Which is why I stay out of many of the major conflicts there.

Places like this... on the other hand... is meant for fun... and for the enjoyment of our favorite hobby. Where we can talk about the most important part of DVDs... the movies and shows that are on them.

that is how I see it at least. :)
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »
I for one am glad to see some more posters here. Welcome guys! :)

Yes... the Invelos forum is more... shall we say High Strung. But I for one look at the forum in a different way. Ones like that... for support of a program... discuss contributions and discuss rules and such. That to me is less of a "fun" purpose. It is ... in my opinion as it is meant to be. Though I do agree things can get carried away there and too much of something like that can be a bit overwhelming. Which is why I stay out of many of the major conflicts there.

Places like this... on the other hand... is meant for fun... and for the enjoyment of our favorite hobby. Where we can talk about the most important part of DVDs... the movies and shows that are on them.

that is how I see it at least. :)

Hear, hear!  ;D

Halo2

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
This is why I have so few posts here or there or even back at Intervocative. Usually, when I could say something, it has been stated more eloquently by someone else. And as far as an "oh, geeze", why bother. It would be lost on the combatentsand probably just draw fire from whichever side felt I was "attacking" them.

[soapbox]I'm here to learn about movies I might have otherwise missed, like 'Robinson Carusoe on Mars' coming out in September from the Criterian Group". Thanks for the feeds on the home page Toutie, that's where I saw that tidbit. Or I want to learn more about how to use tags or other nuances of DVDPro. I don't want to be caught up in a 25+ page marathon  about some minor point of how to list something that has degenerated into the standard groups slinging their standard mud at each other.[/soapbox]

Thanks again Toutie, for giving us a kinder, gentler arena to discuss our passion.

MtnMike

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »
Count me in among those that didn't come here after Invelos was up.  But now I've been feeling more & more of an outsider there with all the negativity in those forums.  I never was a large volume contributer, but small-timers aren't really appreciated much there now.

So yeah, here I be....  to get back to what I collect DVD's for....enjoyment of film and appreciation of the home theater experience. I understand if there's not enough activity here to keep this site going, but add me to the list of those who would be sad to see that happen.

SailorRipley

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »
Kia ora, everybody!

Joining in, although I'm not sure if there are still plans to shut this site down, but I hope not. This looks pretty sweet!

(...besides, I just registered, so I will mark it as one of my daily site checks!)

Good job!  :thumbup:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 11:20:08 AM »
Now I'm here (it's in my bookmarks), I will stay and won't leave.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »
This thread is obsolete, there's is no thoughts of shutting down the site anymore.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 04:18:30 AM »
I was checking who was online and a guest was looking at this thread.

I'm shocked to think that this forum was this close to being closed three years ago.

Thank God Eric resisted the urge to do so.

Just looking at the last two months here, this forum has become a way station for many, and a home for many friends.

Just in reviews alone, this forum is worth its weight.

Take a bow everyone. :thumbup: