Author Topic: I'm gonna shut it down.  (Read 6522 times)

Touti

I'm gonna shut it down.
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:29:16 AM »
Hi people (all five of you ;))

There's obviously not much interests, only a handful of people still visit the place, the 45 or so who voted Yes in my poll a while back where I asked if I should keep the site opened obviously didn't really care.

Thanks for trying, it could have been a nice place but frankly, it had its last hickup a few days ago when people came here to ask why Invelos was down.  I'm not interested in investing time and energy to maintain a place that's only gonna be used as a fall back when other sites don't work.

I could have pulled the plug immediately but I didn't want those who keep visiting to hit a dead place so I'm leaving a notice.

I will shut it down in a ew days.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 12:31:55 AM by Touti »

RossRoy

Re: I'm gonna shut it down.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 02:29:39 AM »
Sorry to see it go. The place had potential. If you ever start something new, give me a holler, I'll check it out!

See you at Invelos.. for the time being  ;)

Halo2

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:49:04 AM »
Yes, I agree, this place has potential. I also will be on Invelos, so do let us know if you start up a new site. Thanks for all your hard work on this site.

rorymatt

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
I am sorry to see this happen, there was potential for this site.

NightHawke

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:50:37 AM »
Touti,
Hate to see it go, we could have made something great if everyone had stayed in.  You should know that those of us who were here with you during the "dark days" of the lawsuit were very appreciative of your efforts to provide a forum for us.  Great job.  If you decide to start it back up, drop me a line and I will try to do what I can.  Best of luck.

NightHawke

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »
I am also sorry to see it go... I don't post much but I do come regularly to check the place out.
Pete

Touti

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »
You're all making me feel guilty, now I'm not sure anymore  :-\

rorymatt

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:31:10 PM »
Totui,
Don't feel guilty about shutting sitr down, I for one thank you for all your efforts in this endevor. Again thank you.
Rory

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
You're all making me feel guilty, now I'm not sure anymore  :-\

I also think you shouldn't feel guilty about it. Do what you feel is right on it. Though I would say that In My Opinion you may be jumping the gun a little. You got to think we just recently got DVD Profiler 3.0 back... most of us are going crazy editing profiles and such.

If you decide you want to close the site... I thank you for it... I really enjoyed it.

If you decide to keep it going I will be here and will be sure to post more often.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »
most of us are going crazy editing profiles and such.

That, I can confirm. I used to NOT do my own profile, because I thought it tedious and not worth the time. I much preferred watching them (yes, yes, you can watch them! That is, if you DVD player will read the disc  >:( )

But since the return of DVDP3 after the lawsuit, I've changed... radically. As of right now, I have done 22 profiles in 6 days. It may not be much compared to other people, but compared to what I use to do (like 5 or 6 in 3-4 years), it's A LOT ;)

That being said, Touti, maybe addicted2dvd is right. You may be jumping the gun a little. Sure, the place is painfully quiet these days, but it may just be the excitation of DVDP3.

Buefox75

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »
I still check it out everyday, I just don't have much to say.

FunkyLA

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 08:33:35 PM »
I too still look in

You did a great job, this is a superb site....

But.. in the end... it is your choice

Well done and thank you :)

Touti

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:44:13 PM »
Maybe you're right and I should be more patient.  I guess I was expecting more because many people said they wanted the site to stay online.  I guess there's no harm in letting it run a while and see where it goes.  We're supposed to get a rainy week-end here in Montreal, who knows maybe there's gonna be some new stuff on the site by sunday night ;)

Halo2

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 07:09:35 AM »
Touti,

Well, if you do decide to shut it down, thanks for all you hard work and effort in providing us a place to come to.

If you do decide to be patient and even add content, I'll be by to see.

Thanks again.

JP_S

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
Not really great news after my holiday, but I can imagine that you don't want to put too much effort into it. Better spend the time watching DVD's ;)