Author Topic: What color for HT room  (Read 969 times)

Touti

What color for HT room
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »
Ok so I've decided that in October I'm gonna paint my living room.  It's white, been white for 3 years now since I moved in and it's time I move my butt and do something about it.

I live alone and I can do anything I want with it without approval from anyone.  I'm gonna turn it into an apartment version of a home theater room.  I'm taking the direction of simplicity and will get rid of all the furniture I don't need so I'm basically keeping my Lazy Boy, a coffee table and a small table besides my recliner.  I will also move all my DVD's to the living room and buy some collectibles and movie memorabilia to decorate a little.

Now I'm very bad when it comes to decoration so I'm wondering, what color should I paint it to make it a "warm" room that will be comfortable to watch tv and movie ?

leo1963

Re: What color for HT room
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 03:24:05 AM »
Good luck.  But if all else fails, a medium to dark blue.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
I changed my livingroom from white to a magenta type color that I added black to. It was a bit shocking at first, I wondered what in the world I had done, but I decided to finish it. Once it had a couple of coats I loved it; it made the walls fade into the background.

I would check with a reputable paint store. They can give you the best idea (based on window placement, size of room etc.) of what would work the best.

lyonsden5

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
Color is really a tricky thing as everybody likes something different. Personally, my last theater room was painted blood red. I had a whole wall of red curtains (color matched the paint) behind the TV as well. Looked awesome to me (and the wife) but most people wouldn't dare do it.

The one thing I learned a long time ago with paint, the worst that can happen is you have to re-paint. If you are doing the work yourself it is an easy and inexpensive way to change any room in your house.

You may want to buy a couple of quarts (not sure the metric equiv). And just pain a couple squares on the walls if you can't decide. Wouldn't cost that much and can easily be covered up with whatever color you decide to use later.