Author Topic: Kiefer Sutherland as Hamlet ?  (Read 3901 times)

Touti

Kiefer Sutherland as Hamlet ?
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »
I kinda recall seeing a movie based on a Shakespeare play many years ago where Sutherland was playing a major role.  I think it was Hamlet but I'm not sure and I can't find it on IMDB.

Anyone can help me with that ?  I liked that movie and I would buy it if I could remember what it was.

Najemikon

Re: Kiefer Sutherland as Hamlet ?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:25 PM »
Well this is an oddity! I tried Googling it and came up with this Understanding Shakespeare (Amazon)

So I searched for "Understanding Shakespeare" in Amazon and couldn't find the same product description, getting this instead I reckon it's the same!  ???

The cast list (such as it is) on the first link is basically the cast of 24. There's a series of these things. It doesn't seem to be the stories as such, but using actors to study key scenes. How very bizarre. :laugh: Dennis Haysbert I bet is brilliant with Shakespeare; Kiefer will be interesting, but Elisha Cuthbert? Bless her.  :devil:

EDIT: Just realised the possibility that the first link was VHS. I was right... :-[ Ah, well. No wonder info is so hard to find.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:36:20 PM by Jon »

Touti

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
The problem is that I'm not sure it was Hamlet, could have been another Shakespeare play, I don't really know them as I have never read them  :bag:

It wasn't really a Shakespeare play ported to cinema either, it was a movie based on the play, more of an adapation if you prefer.  I rented it at the local video store many years ago.  I'm pretty sure it was Kiefer Sutherland because I reckon it was the first of his work I ever saw.

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Well those links are to Macbeth. It strikes me like it's some classical version of the Actor's Studio thing.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 02:11:56 AM »
Maybe you mean Ethan Hawke as Hamlet in Almereyda's (sp?) film? With Julia Stiles as Ophelia and Bill Murray as Polonius?
Matthias

Touti

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:35 AM »
No it's not that.  It wasn't a modern story inspired from Hamlet.  I'm almost certain that the title was "Hamlet", I'll keep searching until I find it.  Maybe I'm wrong it wasn't Sutherland after all.

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
Kenneth Branagh's version?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »
Jon,

I don't know if it's just me but under your line "NOBODY MOVE! I dropped me brain." is nothing but a white box with red in it; when you press it a "fatal error has occured" appears.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »
Jon,

I don't know if it's just me but under your line "NOBODY MOVE! I dropped me brain." is nothing but a white box with red in it; when you press it a "fatal error has occured" appears.
No red box for me, but Jon it seems that you have some problems with your phpdvdprofiler or you want to keep your collection secret...

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 08:50:52 PM »
Well, I've pulled the plug on my online collection for the time being. The updates were annoying me. Sorry about the red box; I didn't know what you were talking about, but the fantastic, can't-recommend-it-enough, "No Script" plugin for Firefox was hiding it for me.  :-[

I will update my signature soon.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
Actually it is a white box with a red x in it, and yes it is still there for me!