Author Topic: New search engine.  (Read 2330 times)

Touti

Re: New search engine.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
Oh I see why now.  You're getting the France french page, not the Canada french page that I posted above.  I think it's a big mistake in design.  Whether we, non-british/non-americans like it or not, english is the international language, they should have the option on any of their front page regardless of the country.  Especially until it's fully tested and capable of properly identifying the language it should use.  In Europe, if you're anywhere but in France or Belgium it should be in English.

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 09:36:08 PM »
The big frame in the middle with the handy "English" link was just the Findloo logo. Below there though I did have the four country links, but I had no idea that "Etats-Unis" would be United States until Karsten sent his version of the URL.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 04:22:09 AM »
What language windows are you using ?  I think that maybe they are trying to use the language of the OS and if they don't have it they switch to french automatically.
I use English and I have Firefox set to English/English/German. But I use Mac OS X, so maybe there's a difference. :laugh: I also didn't get the link to English you showed in the image.

However, Karsten's link worked. And now that I have used it once even the http://en.findloo.com link works ;D