Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 1560 times)

mpengle

Thank you!
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:26:45 AM »
 Just wanted to thank each and every one of you guys that visit and post here. I am really enjoying reading the discussions I have read here so far. I am not the most creative or intelligent writer myself so it is nice to read others opinions on things I love: DVDs! It is nice finding a place where people can also have such varying opinions, give each other crap about them, and take it all the right way, as in, no feelings hurt and no flame wars...

Anyway, thanks for giving me a nice site to spend some of my free time!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:28:55 AM »
Well, Mike, you are welcome. but please, catch up with the reading of the old threads soon and start joining the fun! There is no requirement for being a creative or intelligent writer (heck, if there was, I wouldn't be here either :laugh:) so just write what comes to mind in whichever thread you feel you want to add something.

Point awarded for all those flattering comments.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:49:53 PM »
Very nice of you to say... and I agree with you.

as for being a creative and/or intelligent writer... if that was required they would have never let me in the front door!

But I definitely agree with you on the way you are treated no matter of your opinion on whatever film you enjoyed or hated. For example... I thought I would not hear the end of it when I admitted that I enjoyed Omen IV: The Awakening... as that proves you can have people disagree... but not make a big deal about it. sure you may get a couple fun comments... but always in the right way... you are never left feeling like you can't speak your true feelings without the need of asbestos underwear around here.  ;D
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »
Should I say it? It's already been said twice.. Awww heck!

If being a good writer was a requirement, I would've been kicked out multiple times already!  ;)

So Mike, welcome here and jump in any time you want!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »
... as that proves you can have people disagree... but not make a big deal about it. sure you may get a couple fun comments... but always in the right way... you are never left feeling like you can't speak your true feelings without the need of asbestos underwear around here.  ;D

Except of course you deny your One True God, Peter Jackson!

;D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »

How I was feeling after this little statement about LOTR  :laugh:

Like the other have already said you don't need to be an expert to write here : I write so it's all the proof you need

But you're right that it's a wonderfull community here  :clap: We can disagree, but I've never read a personal insult here. Maybe some teasing but sometimes we ask for it, by the way I don't retract my comment on LOTR  :tease:

I hope to read your film review soon and don't worry nobody attack oppinion here.

Touti

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »
There is plenty of extremely good sites like DVD Talk, Movies.com or Rotten Tomatoes where trained and skilled writers publish all kind of interesting and informative articles on movies and DVD's.

What I wanted to do here is give people a place where they will not only read but also write.  "People's opinion, for people, written in plain people language".  If being "blah blah blah" was a requirement none of you would be here because "here" would not exist in the first place.

Read, post, express yourselves in your own words.  Nobody here will ever be treated disrespectfully.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:55:26 PM by Touti »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »
(click to show/hide)

About this : were you not suppose to talk about one of them friday?

Tonight's the night !

Will post my comments and make Jon angry later  :hysterical:

Is it so bad that you are affraid of Jon reaction  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
I didn't watch it completely.  I had spent the day working on my truck and I was very tired, I kept dozing off so I stopped it.  It's gonna be raining most of the week so I'll watch it again, from the beginning sometime within the next few days.

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 12:35:54 AM »
I was wondering!  :laugh:  :voodoo: