Author Topic: Just got back from the ER  (Read 4394 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back from the ER
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
Just saw the doctor...said last night my kidney function spiked a little and need to find out why. Said I still my be going home today.... but a chance not. Said they have my meds straight now... but it could be the meds that spiked my kidney function... so may need to adjust meds once again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 03:55:25 AM »
I am happy to tell you all I was released today! Ah yes... home sweet home! My kidney functions are back to normal... my blood pressure is under control. I have an appointment to do the sleep study to be sure if I have sleep apnea or not. And I need to make follow up appointments for both my heart and kidneys.

Most of all... I am thrilled to be out of there!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 05:35:22 AM »
Woo hoo.
Do they want you to check your blood pressure daily to keep track of it?  My mom has a little machine thing to check hers. 

Do they want you to wait before going back to work?  Supposed to stick to shorter hours or anything?

How long were you home before you put in a Blu-ray?  ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »
Glad to see you're back home!

Woo hoo.
Do they want you to check your blood pressure daily to keep track of it?  My mom has a little machine thing to check hers. 

Do they want you to wait before going back to work?  Supposed to stick to shorter hours or anything?

How long were you home before you put in a Blu-ray?  ;)
What she asked...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
Thanks guys...

Yes... I have to keep an eye on my blood pressure daily... whether or not I take my night time medicine depends on what my BP is that evening.

As for work... they said I can go right back into work... but I have to ease my way into it. Start with less days and hours per day. But I can work my way back up to where I was.
Pete

hal9g

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
Glad to hear you're home, Pete. Take care of yourself....no one else will!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
Are you supposed to get one of the blood pressure things for home? 

Take it slow when you go back to work..don't want you to overdo and have to go back to the hospital.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 01:36:45 AM »
Thanks guys... and yeah... bought a blood pressure monitor today. I won't over-do it at work, but at the same time I can't risk loosing my job either.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 06:22:37 AM »
Thanks guys... and yeah... bought a blood pressure monitor today. I won't over-do it at work, but at the same time I can't risk loosing my job either.
From what I saw so far, they don't want to loose an employee either. I think if you watch your food and monitor the pressure thinks should fall into place naturally.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 12:28:19 AM »
whether or not I take my night time medicine depends on what my BP is that evening.

What medicine did they prescribe for you? I've never heard of a BP med that you take only when your BP is high. BP meds have to be taken over time to get the benefits. They're not like aspirin or Tylenol. I'd get a second opinion on the medicine this doctor prescribed for you and tell this second doctor, how the first doctor wants you to take it.

The only med I can think of that a doctor would prescribe in that way is Hydrochlorothiazide, because that's a diuretic, which means your going to be up a few times during the night peeing. But if your Systolic was over 200 and your diastolic was over 120, then I hope that doctor gave you other meds too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 02:08:52 AM »
Oh I still have to take it every day... also take it in the morning no matter what. It is the second dose in the evening that depends on the BP.
Pete