Author Topic: Trip to the Louisville Zoo  (Read 1084 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Trip to the Louisville Zoo
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
Yesterday Brittany and I went to the Louisville Zoo... and this place is huge! On one hand this is a good thing... on the other hand... since the shuttles weren't running we had to walk the entire zoo... and needless to say... we were exhausted by the time it was over!

I took a lot of pictures! Ended up with 136 pictures before the day was over. Took so many that by the end of the day the battery was dying... which means the picture quality was suffering towards the end.

Obviously I can't show you 136 pictures in this thread... would just take too long. You can see them all HERE.

but until then... here is some of my favorites...

This is King Louie... from what I understand a rare white alligator.

Jaguar... this sucker got on my nerves, wouldn't hold still for a picture for anything in the world! Kinda reminded me of the bear at the Salisbury Zoo.

While I couldn't get a decent shot... the Polar Bear was cool.

Can't remember what this guy actually is.. but he seemed to pose for me.

Unlike Salisbury... this zoo actually has elephants. Forget who requested the elephant pic last time... maybe Achim?

The Gorilla was chillin'

I think the Gorilla's hand is a little bigger then Britt's... you think?

Fruit Bat... Brittany wants one as a pet so bad! :P

The Orangutang was also chillin'

I survived visiting the Spiders!  ;D

As I said took many pics. 136 to be exact... and You can see them all HERE.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the Louisville Zoo
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:45 AM »
:thumbsup:

Great pics! Seems you had a good day.

I've been to the Taipei zoo recently. Most animals were somewhat hiding though, to their excuse it was winter. Also some areas were under construction. Main reason to go was the few-month-old panda baby; she was sleeping on a tree branch while thousands of people were lined up to slowly walk by here habitat.
Facebook link
(couldn't find a way to link to the image directly, from my iPad, so a link to Facebook must suffice)