Author Topic: So Close...  (Read 3261 times)

tlevel

So Close...
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:52:44 PM »
Hi,

www.mvixusa.com is so close to what I want, but the interface sucks on it, don't think you can have cover art or much of any details of anything. But I could be wrong. Anybody have any experience with this? Would be nice to be able to interface with DVDP or something... to get the information you want to it.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:12:43 PM by tlevel »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: So Close...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »
I get "Server not found" at www.mxvixusa.com

Touti

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:22:11 PM »
I think tlevel wanted us to look at http://www.mvixusa.com

tlevel

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:10:11 PM »
ooops, yup, that's the site.  :-[

Touti

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:15:06 AM »
That's a nice baby too, now I gotta to get me one of these.  Now that I've seen it I can hardly live without one, I don't even understand how I could have for so long.

Oh and don't bother, I've searched google already......there's no cure  :hysterical:

xyrano

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
I think tlevel wanted us to look at http://www.mvixusa.com
For some reason, that link gives me this message :shrug:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.mvixusa.com Port 80
What is this all about, I wonder... ???

Touti

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »
It's about a very nice HD Media Center extender for home networks.  There's no reason for the link not to work for you, it's just a regular web site.  Maybe it was down, you should try again.  If not you can search google for "mvix media center", I'm sure you'll find a lot of info.

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:20:59 AM »
Maybe it was down, you should try again.  If not you can search google for "mvix media center", I'm sure you'll find a lot of info.

Or not, and spare yourself the expense!  :laugh:

Touti

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:23:18 AM »
For those who can't access the web site.

The new generation of Hi-Def Multimedia Playback is finally here ! Experience a hi-definition media file playback and take your audiovisual experience farther than ever before. The Mvix™ High-Definition Wireless Multimedia Center (MX-760HD) provides an unprecedented file format support and literally puts life back in your digital media content. This hard drive-based multimedia center, built around linux-based architecture is a true home-theater PC offering endless possibilities.

The Mvix™ Hi-Def 802.1G Multimedia Center links to your home network and plugs all your digital media content directly into your TV. You can now access all your multimedia files (music files, videos, and photos) and play it on your large-screen plasma or HDTV. It features the wireless 802.11g technology with state of the art network security infrastructure to deliver maximum wireless signal rates (of up to 54 Mbps) for streaming digital media. The Mvix™ player supports over two dozen media formats, including high-definition video (WMV-9 or MPEG-4 format). The media center is capable of accessing files no matter where they are stored - on it's internal hard disk drive (not included), on your Personal Computer, External USB Storage or even a Network Attached Storage (NAS) box. It provides an easy way of viewing your digital photo files or a slide show with background music. It is even programmed for automatic decoding and convenient bookmarking (playlist) of multiple files within a folder.

Installing and setting up the Mvix™ MX-760HD is a breeze. Simply pop-in a typical 3.5” hard drive (not included), transfer all your media content from you PC and you are good to go. The built-in Setup menu and a full-featured remote control offer optimal flexibility and control over the entire system. Simple firmware upgrades keep this media center updated with support for latest file formats.

The MX-760HD comes in a sleek metallic chassis with front-panel LCD. This stylish hard-disk based media center makes it a dream machine for multimedia aficionados.

tlevel

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 05:06:14 AM »
Thanks Touti,

Of course there's always this one http://www.tvixbox.com/, but again, I don't think the user interface is all that good either. Would like to display cover art, etc. If I could get a better interface, I would get one for sure, and rip all my DVD's to NAS.

Cheap Kaleidescape system anyone?

tlevel

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
Just received an email from MVIX, I was asking them if they plan on doing something about there interface. They said they addressed it in there next gen model due out in 3-4 months. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. But here's hoping.   :clapcheer: :celebrate: