Author Topic: Mom  (Read 1793 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Mom
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »
I had high hopes for Chuck Lorre's latest TV series. Looking at the reviews on IMDb this seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it show, and I'm afraid I fall into the latter category. This wasn't my kind of humor at all. I'm disappointed since I usually like Lorre's shows.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mom
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
This show really sucks.  It drains you of lifeforce and you never get it back.  There are several "comedies" this year that are that way.  Not clever, not new ... but they do have a laugh track.  Maybe the same one  :thumbdown:
Thank you
David

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
I am probably one of the few (or only one) that likes it here. But then it could be because I like Anna Faris. But I haven't missed an episode yet.
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »
Maybe this is a generational thing, too, David?

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »
Maybe this is a generational thing, too, David?
Could be.  I do have a very sophisticated pallet :)  Must be why i like 3 Stooges.  Even Jerry Lewis :)
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 06:22:59 AM »
I've seen it....but I don't really like it much.  It is more like I leave it on to fill the time before Castle.  All the jokes about drugs, drinking, and sex get old really quick.  There were a few moments here and there that made me laugh, but I don't really like it that much.
It kind of seems like Lore is stuck in a bit of a rut.  Charlie was drunk and having random sex all the time in Two and a Half Men.  They have almost turned Penny into a drunk on Big Bang - I really hate that...now this show with mother/daughter drunks.