Author Topic: Making Plans for Britt  (Read 4253 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Making Plans for Britt
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
As you probably read earlier... Britt decided to come here to Kentucky to spend her Spring Break with her father. And of course I am thrilled with this idea. I have such a good kid!  ;D

I want to make her trip somewhat special... so I have already started making plans for her visit.

Hotel Room:
Where I am staying there really isn't any room for another person. So Britt and I will be spending the week she is here in a hotel room. Many thanks to Danae Cassandra and her mother on this one... as they got me the room as an early birthday present!

Mexican Restaurant:
Brittany's favorite type of food is Mexican. And there is a Mexican family restaurant very close to the hotel room we will be  staying in. So we have plans for the 4 of us to have dinner there one day that week. I never been here yet so looking forward to checking it out myself.

Go Carts:
This one is only a maybe as it is a seasonal place and don't know if it will be open in time. But right around the corner from the hotel we will be staying at is a go cart course and miniature golf course. Britt has no interest in the golfing but said the go carts sounds fun.

Bernheim Park:
At this point this is a maybe. It depends a lot on what days I am able to get off work (requested the week off... but no idea if I am getting it)... and when Danea and her mother will be off. But we are hoping to be able to bring Britt to the Bernheim Park.

Louisville Zoo
This one is definitely happening. One day on the way to work Danae Cassandra will be dropping Britt and I off at the Louisville Zoo... and picking us up on the way home. That is a good 7 hours at the zoo that day. But that is no problem at all. Going by the website we still probably won't have enough time to see everything! :P The plan is before we go I will get us some lunch to take with us (I am thinking Subway)... Walk the zoo a bit... stop for lunch at one of their picnic areas... and then back at the zoo.

It looks like this zoo will blow the Salisbury Zoo out of the water with ease! They even have elephants! (I remember a request for elephant pics when going to Salisbury, but they didn't have one) :P This zoo has lots to see and lots to do. So I expect a full day of fun here! I so hope Britt remembers to bring her camera!

River Walk:
There is a park right here in town (walking distance) that has a trail that you can hike running along side the river. So I thought that would make a nice hike for us to take.

Other Stuff:
The above is the main plans so far... though we are looking into some other stuff... all depending on work schedules and such. There is a Haunted tour we hope to take her on and stuff like that. But too soon to tell on that. Plus she has to meet all my new friends and stuff like that.

As you can tell I am really looking forward to this visit next month. And I plan to do a lot of stuff with her. She is going to need a vacation from her vacation! :P
So what do you all think? Do these plans sound OK to you all? The one thing I don't want is for the two of us to be vegging out in the hotel room on our own doing nothing all week.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Making Plans for Britt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »
You are bursting from excitement! Awesome! The plans you consider look good and give a good basis for the time Britt will be there. Even you don't do everything, there should be enough to choose from.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
I have such a good kid!
And Britt has such a good father! With your level of enthusiasm I'm sure you don't need us to tell you how to spend your time with your daughter!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
Thanks guys... I just want to be sure she enjoys her stay. :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:52:21 AM »
Sounds like you have a lot of things to do.  I hope you both have fun. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
Thanks Marie... Hopefully... a lot depends on if I get the time I requested off from work and all.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:18 AM »
Even if you don't get all the time off, you should be able to do some of what you came up with.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
Oh... for sure!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:15 PM »
Countdown to Britt's Visit: 18 Days!
Can you tell I am excited? :P

Thanks Marie... Hopefully... a lot depends on if I get the time I requested off from work and all.

I talked to one of the managers at work last night... from what she told me I have a very good chance at getting the entire week off! Said it shouldn't be a problem at all! Woohoo!  :yahoo:

Someone (sorry I forget who) said they thought that I was getting taking advantage of over there at work. While I really appreciate the concern...  I really don't think so. I am giving them hard work and dedication... and in return I am getting

- A lot of praise and Thanks while at work
- They are pulling together to give me 8 days off so I can spend it with my daughter
- One manager got a look at my cell phone... he told me that cheap pre-paid cell is a piece of garbage and is giving me a Smart Phone (Android) to replace it with.
- When working days I am broke someone always offers to buy me lunch... even though my pride makes me turn them down on this one.  :whistle:

So while I may be the first person they call when they need someone (my own fault since I told them I wanted some extra time because I am saving up to do things with Britt).... They also been pulling together to give me things I need and/or want. :)
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 01:39:09 AM »
Yeah, from what I've seen, they're not taking advantage of you.  They're giving you what you want!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 02:26:55 AM »
It seems like you are doing well there.  It's great that they are saying you should be able to have the whole week off when Britt is there.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 04:04:01 AM »
Going to get Britt's tickets when I am off on Thursday. :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
:thumbsup: (to both your two last posts)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Countdown to Britt's visit: 16 Days!

I am going to get Britt's tickets today. Before going I decided to go back to the greyhound website to double check on the ticket price and availability....

Good News: There is still tickets available on the bus I wanted for her.  :thumbup:
Bad News: The tickets went from $130 just a week or so ago now to $174!  :thumbdown:

It is going to eat up most my check... but oh well... I got to get her here and back!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »
Countdown to Britt's visit: 14 Days!

I meet Britt at the bus station on Saturday the 22nd at 7am.... so in two weeks from now I will finally be with Britt again! Since she gets here at 7am I will probably see if she feels up to a breakfast before going home... but she may be too tired to since she will have been on the bus all night.
Pete