Author Topic: ...And the Torture Begins Early this Year  (Read 15704 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
...And the Torture Begins Early this Year
« on: April 18, 2008, 01:12:54 AM »
And the torture begins early this year! I just finished chatting with a good friend of mine. And she just told me that she already ordered my Birthday (May 31st) Present. And that it will be shipping directly here. This means I will have a package sitting on my shelf for over a month without being able to open it!

As curios of a person as I am (not to mention impatient)... this is definitely going to be pure torture for me. I have considered hiding the package from myself so I am not tempted to peek inside... but the last time I did that I forgot where I put the thing!  :laugh: It was a week later before I finally found it!

One thing I do know... whatever she picked out to send me... it will be something good... as she always spoils me rotten and I gave her a large list of DVDs to choose from. :)

BTW... this is the same person that sent me an early gift (that I got right away) of Carnival of Souls: The Criterion Collection... so I can hardly wait to see what else she decided to send me... but since I got the 1 early... I don't see her letting me open this one too early.. if early at all.  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ...And the Torture Begins Early this Year
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:24:07 AM »
As curios of a person as I am (not to mention impatient)... this is definitely going to be pure torture for me. I have considered hiding the package from myself so I am not tempted to peek inside... but the last time I did that I forgot where I put the thing!  :laugh: It was a week later before I finally found it!
You could have Brittany hide it for you. That way you won't know where it is at all, therefore not being tempted to get it anyway...

Good luck!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
LOL... and then there I would be... searching the entire house.  :P

Seriously though... I could do that.  as long as she don't forget where she hides it  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:14:01 PM »
OK... The torture is really hitting now. I am starting to think this friend of mine went overboard on my birthday this year!

I sent her a wishlist with about 30 dvds in it. And here today I got this really big box (won't even fit on my shelf) that weighs 5 pounds and 12 ounces. Anyway... the titles she had to choose from is...

Beowulf (widescreen)
Bewitched: Season 4
Boogeyman 2
Cujo: Special Edition
The Dark Half
Evil Dead 2: Book of the Dead 2
Hostel 2
The Hitchhiker: Vol. 1
I Am Legend
Lake Dead: After Dark Horrorfest
The Mist
Nightmare Man: After Dark Horrorfest
Saw 4
Tin Man
Unearthed: After Dark Horrorfest
The Village
Halloween: 25 Years of Terror
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
Prom Night
Child's Play 2
Child's Play 3
Dracula: Legacy Collection
The Wolf Man: Legacy Collection
The Invisible Man: Legacy Collection
Frankenstein: Legacy Collection
The Mummy: Legacy Collection
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Legacy Collection
Carnival of Souls (Remake)
Cemetery Man
Black Christmas (original)

Oh.... the possibilities!
Pete

ajm

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »
If you want, send them to me and I'll 'test' them for you. You don't want any 'rattlers'  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »
LOL... at least she won't make me wait the whole month. She always has me open it sooner.... as much as I want to know what is in it... she can't wait to see what I think of it either. So I imagine I will probably be able to open it in a week or 2.  :P

Inspecting the package  I seen the name of the site that it came from... a site I never seen before (My Movie Monsters) but checking the site out... they have a little of everything... from DVDs... to statues and models.... to magazines. A little of everything... all dedicated to movie monsters.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
Take a guess that you have certainly those one :

Dracula: Legacy Collection
The Wolf Man: Legacy Collection
The Invisible Man: Legacy Collection
Frankenstein: Legacy Collection
The Mummy: Legacy Collection
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Legacy Collection

If it's the case you will certainly do a good marathon with the Universal Classic Monster

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:02:45 AM »
That would definitely be a lot of fun... as I never seen many of the movies in those sets! Would make an awesome marathon!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 12:42:46 AM »
There is some pretty cool statues at that site I would love to have...

Classic Monsters set

Christopher Lee as Dracula

Bela Lugosi as Bela the Gypsy

Frankenstein

Even The Invisible Man

And sooooo many others... so there is a good chance I may not even have any DVDs in this package.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 01:23:08 AM »
Could it be this:

I have the region 2 version and it's a hefty package. It's on that site! :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 02:03:16 AM »
That would be Awesome Jon!!! I would love to have that set!

The box looks like it could be about the right size too!

That would be so cool! Frankenstein, Dracula and The Wolf Man are my 3 favorites of the classic horror monsters. A set with the 3 statues and the DVDs all in one set like that... would be the perfect item for me. The best of both worlds DVDs and cool statues!

Ok... thanks Jon... I now have my hopes up... and I am sitting here inches away of cheating and opening the package!  :laugh:

Looking at that site I somehow missed that set.  :slaphead: :stars:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 03:06:43 AM »
If it's this set I can tell you that the quality is there. I own the Dracula and Frankenstein Legacy Collections and all the films are wonderfully remastered and you have some very interesting commentary and documentary too. I don't have the Wolf Man one since I'm not really a big fan enough. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that the dvd are double side and I am affraid to break the dvd each time I get them out of the case. But maybe it's different for the complete set.

I don't know how you resist to open it or just check  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 04:07:21 AM »
Ok... thanks Jon... I now have my hopes up... and I am sitting here inches away of cheating and opening the package!  :laugh:
:o You seem to get quite excited over there! Calm down quickly before things get out of control! :hysterical:

I agree though, there is some excellent possibilities shown up above! Looking forward myself now to eventually hear what's inside.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
that sounds great... I really hope it is that set. I am used to double sided discs... have many.

Let me tell you... it is not easy fighting off the temptation of opening that package.. but she is a very good friend and I promised her. So that is what is keeping me from it right now.

She is the same friend that spoils me every year. This is actually the second package she sent me for my Birthday... the other she let me open right away (Carnival of Souls: The Criterion Collection). So I wouldn't put it past her to get me something like that set too. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »
:o You seem to get quite excited over there! Calm down quickly before things get out of control! :hysterical:

I agree though, there is some excellent possibilities shown up above! Looking forward myself now to eventually hear what's inside.

:laugh: tell me about it!

Well my birthday isn't till May 31st... but she won't have me wait that long... she never does. I would say she will make me wait 2 weeks max. And you know I will be here to let you all know what I got when I do find out!  ;D
Pete