Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 5977 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:40 AM »
Looking good!
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 01:39:24 AM »
I don't now about that... but thanks! :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »
LOL... no... no thanks. I always preferred the metal frames.
Other metal frames than the one you currently have are available. Maybe a bit smaller than the one you currently have (glasses will be less heavy ;)). (I think Silence's picture was merely meant to demonstrate that.)

MEJHarrison

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »
Then there is contacts... but I have a thing about sticking something in my eye. :P

I had that problem too.  Didn't even want to try.  But I finally got tired of needing to clean glasses, getting them wet in the rain and not being able to use sunglasses.  Finally I decided to give it a shot.  That first contact they had me try in the office took me about 20 minutes to get in (about 5 of that was finding the silly little thing in its container).  The point is, I got over the "not sticking something in the eye" thing VERY quickly.  Just a few days.

Of course now I don't wear them because I'm approaching (have technically arrived) at needing bi-focal contacts.  And I got tired of dealing with them every day.  Still, they're a very nice option.

And agreed about your glasses.  Something a little smaller would be great.  Beyond that, the cleanup effort came out well.  I do that myself.  I spend 2/3 to 3/4 of the month looking like a hobo.  Surprised they don't send me home from work some days. :hysterical:

I also agree with Jimmy.  When I need a comb, I need a haircut.  Had my hair worked with me, we could have had long, beautiful flowing locks.  But noooo, it left me.  So F*** it.  When it grows I cut it off.  It doesn't deserve any better than that. :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
You clean up well Pete. Next time you get glasses it might not be a bad idea to try smaller frames - your cheeks vision are just fine.  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
It is what was out at the time... after all... these glasses are at least 15 yrs old.  :bag:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 06:17:09 AM »
- your cheeks vision are just fine.  :tease:
:hysterical:

It is what was out at the time... after all... these glasses are at least 15 yrs old.  :bag:
:thumbsup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »
I don't know why I did it... spur of the moment mood swing... and the goatee is gone...

Oh what did I do?  :bag:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
You look a lot younger. Of course losing all that weight has made you a new man!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 08:56:38 PM »
Thanks Kathy... lets hope I am able to not only keep it off but continue to lose! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

Finally saying goodbye to these glasses!?!? Danae Cassandra and I both have an appt at the eye doctor later today. Hopefully they will have some smaller frames to choose from! Also will help to have a woman with me to tell me what looks good! LOL :P
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
Hopefully they will have some smaller frames to choose from!

That shouldn't be a problem ... a larger one would be difficult  :tease:

Except, possibly, this beauty:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:28:04 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »
Just glad I will have someone with me to tell me what looks good and don't. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 10:52:49 PM »
Went to the eye doctor today with Danae Cassandra. Will finally (after 15yrs) have a new pair of glasses. They said they would be ready by the 19th. So in time for when Britt arrives!   :thumbup:

He took a look at my eye... the one blind due to injury. He said there is a very dense cataract over it... but he was able to tell that the pupil responds well to light. But that is all he could tell. Said once I get my insurance to get the cataract surgery done. There may be scar tissue behind it (not sure if they can do anything about that or not).... but if there isn't any he hopes to get that eye to 20/20 vision as well.

New frames: much smaller.... even though frames like the ones I am wearing are still available... so I was tempted! :P But Danae said no! :P I let her pick out my frames so if they don't look right you know who to blame! LOL :P
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your new look! And keeping fingers crossed that you can get normal vision on your eye.
Just think - you'll be able to watch twice as much on DVD...  ;D