Author Topic: Amazon raises shipping .. need new used source  (Read 1606 times)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Amazon raises shipping .. need new used source
« on: June 02, 2013, 07:44:12 PM »
Sometime 'recently' they have changed their shipping rate to 3.98.  THIS is just a ripoff as every time i had to send something back it was alway much less than their previous 2.98.

So I am looking for good sources for used dvd,blu-ray and even cds.  Let me know if you have a good source

Thanks
Thank you
David

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon raises shipping .. need new used source
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
I have been buying quite a lot from ImportCds.com. Not that their shipping is neccesarily cheaper, but on many items they are quite a lot cheaper than Amazon, so the bottom line is still often a lower price. And don't let their name fool you. They carry pretty much everything in DVD, Blu-Ray and CDs. Check it out...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:52 AM »
Sometime 'recently' they have changed their shipping rate to 3.98.  THIS is just a ripoff as every time i had to send something back it was alway much less than their previous 2.98.
At least choose the right words as they are no ripoff there... Amazon always ship free, nothing force them to have Marketplace as it is a competition they have stupidly created for them.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »
nothing force them to have Marketplace as it is a competition they have stupidly created for them.

It is?
Have you ever checked the sales-fees Amazon is taking from those Marketplace sellers?
They are taking up to 15% off of the sales price and 50% off the shipping rate.

For me this doesn't sound like "Competition" but like one of the best business-concepts of the century

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »
I have been buying quite a lot from ImportCds.com. Not that their shipping is neccesarily cheaper, but on many items they are quite a lot cheaper than Amazon, so the bottom line is still often a lower price. And don't let their name fool you. They carry pretty much everything in DVD, Blu-Ray and CDs. Check it out...
Thanks .. will check them out
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:44 AM »
At least choose the right words as they are no ripoff there... Amazon always ship free, nothing force them to have Marketplace as it is a competition they have stupidly created for them.
They ship free if you are buying from them and you reach 25$ or you are prime.

It turns out that 52cents of the 1dollar increase is going to Amazon and not to the marketplace.  And yes .. i think it is a ripoff as there is really no justification for the increase.  But every company can do as they please.  And the marketplace wasn't a mistake to them as they make money on all the sales.  It was a very smart decision on their part.

Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »
nothing force them to have Marketplace as it is a competition they have stupidly created for them.

It is?
Have you ever checked the sales-fees Amazon is taking from those Marketplace sellers?
They are taking up to 15% off of the sales price and 50% off the shipping rate.

For me this doesn't sound like "Competition" but like one of the best business-concepts of the century
Yep ... very good income resource for them.  And very good for everyone as long as they dont over price bits.

But still looking for alternatives..
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 04:48:02 AM »
The post office raised the cost of postage not long ago...that might be part of it.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 05:15:20 AM »
Dragonfire you're sweet ... postal rates go up and amazon gets another 52 cents <G>

I think you are a glass is half full kind of person ... which is a good thing
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 06:21:47 AM »
For the it's international shipping, so it has never been free and actually that $3.99 for the first item has been like that for years (to me).

I sometimes still forget, but importcds.com is indeed a great alternative; at least for international orders. Shipping is marginal cheaper and almost all products are cheaper too. Thanks to Gunnar who originally posted about them here!