Author Topic: I deserve a flogging  (Read 11518 times)

lyonsden5

I deserve a flogging
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »
I ventured into the DVDP forum... did some voting on some profiles... and found myself knee deep in a "typical" thread.  :slaphead:  :weep:  :bag:

I'll try harder next time.  :training:

Feel free to flog away  :tomato: 

:laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I deserve a flogging
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:13:26 PM »
 :redcard:

:console:

Just don't have it happen again! :hysterical:

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »
You should keep doing it. In a way, it is so funny to see all the people there get so worked up over such a trivial subject.

I still can't believe some people prefer bad data, over good data, just because some rule tells them to leave the bad data.  :stars:

richierich

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
I got my very first red arrow for this, but also 5 greens.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »
I've give you one of those, not the red one  :laugh:
Don't see why the red? My post on the locked topic was more a target for those and I am quite surprise to haven't get a single one, but 4 greens.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »
Don't see why the red?

Me neither but I also couldn't care less.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Touti

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »
You should keep doing it. In a way, it is so funny to see all the people there get so worked up over such a trivial subject.

I still can't believe some people prefer bad data, over good data, just because some rule tells them to leave the bad data.  :stars:

They don't prefer bad data because of some rule, they want to rule the data, there's a big difference.  What's right or wrong is irrelevant as long as they get to decide.

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »

:console:

Just don't have it happen again! :hysterical:

I was weak and went in for another round.  :'(

done now...  :suicide:

@Karsten - I hit you with a green pill for that one. It cracked me up (even though I was am involved  :-\ )

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

Whoops, you did it again!

:laugh:

@Karsten - I hit you with a green pill for that one. It cracked me up (even though I was am involved  :-\ )

Thx but I hope it didn't sound as if I was asking for compensation arrows because it wasn't intended as such.

But I have to say, I have collected a lot of green arrows today, 14 for the tax limit topic, another 10 for the   posting linked above and yet another for my "technical support". Can't complain. :D

And now back to something useful, I have to write another SG-1 review.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:34:14 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Touti

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »
I read the first three posts and all I can say is.

,, and

May I also point out in regards to that comment
Which a long time from now tells us NOTHING.

That it doesn't leave anyone with nothing, it leaves everyone with the knowledge that when this was submitted the people at invelos found it sufficient.

But who am I to talk......after all I outcasted myself.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
:redcard: Now that'll teach ya!

...and this:  :bash: is for replying to him in the first place.

done now...  :suicide:
I already had reduced my postings over there, mainly reading General and Online sections and vote. I also read selectively (after having had the habit to read every single thread :bag:) In fact, I would probably not have read the thread at all, hadn't you brought my attention to it here...

I entirely agree with your assessment that the thread in question has been started to stir up a fight. My question, had I cared to post, would have been:
Is it this time of the omnth again...?
Damn, it seems we are getting those threads in cycles now... :yucky:

richierich

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
We all stop posting and reacting there, people just walk away from the forums, new users scared away etc etc
Are we doing the right thing by ignoring one mans bullying and antagonistic antics, or are we all misreading him?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
We all stop posting and reacting there, people just walk away from the forums, new users scared away etc etc
Are we doing the right thing by ignoring one mans bullying and antagonistic antics, or are we all misreading him?
You have one thing right: Ignoring the bullying is not going to help.

Are we misreading him? Maybe. But I doubt it. Then again, I am not sure what you are reading ;)

But, I can say I have tried in many ways.
I tried talking to him nicely in PMs. No effect.
I tried talking tough to him in PMs. No effect.
I (and others) tried to oppose him in the forum more, even expose his behavior. No effect.

Especially the last approach has one caveat: When opposing him (or even just trying to expose him) it is very easy to get mangled up in the action and "third party" watchers can't actually distinguish who's the bad guy! Tricky business.

Touti

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
I don't mean to be rude with anyone here but to be honest I don't understand why some of you still care so much when the owner of the company clearly doesn't.

For years now new contributors have been bullied by a handful of IWNL's (Idiots With No Life), the owner never did anything about it.  The IWNL's have threatened people, harassed them, blasted them constantly with no reactions whatsoever from the owner.  The IWNL's have pushed good contributors away either with their behavior or with coming up with unrealistic rules that make it so complicated to contribute that many people have decided to stop.

I was a good contributor once, I think I was a good asset for this database because I never botched my contributions, always double checked everything I added or changed before contributing it and I was contributing many new profiles in the Canada and Canada (Quebec) locality.  I also corrected many that had bad data.  When the new rules came out I decided to stop contributing because it just got too complicated, why would I make my life complicated to contribute to the database when I am a paying customer.

The IWNL's pushed me and many other away and the owner of the company clearly doesn't care........why should we ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 03:04:24 PM by Touti »