Author Topic: What movie does this remind me of?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
What movie does this remind me of?
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »
You probably know how it goes: You research something and you get from one thing to another.

I sometimes like to listen to a German rock band called J.B.O. who originally became known through their covers of famous songs. Usually by changing the text to something funny. Similar to Weird Al Yankovic, only that they make the songs "more metal".
One of the songs is this one:

I didn't know that this was a cover until recently (in recent years they compose a lot of songs themselves and I thought this was one of them). But I now heard the original on the radio at the gym. Finally I remembered to look this song up to see, who did the original.
It is by the German band "Wir sind Helden". Then I got curious, what other songs they did and I listened in on some if them on iTunes. One of the songs was called "Denkmal" (Memorial). And the first few seconds of the chorus reminds me of something in a movie or TV show. I think it was an emotional finale.
Please take a listen to few of the seconds following the time stamp 1:07 in this clip below. I just can't place it, but I think it is from something well known.

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: What movie does this remind me of?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »
Sorry,
no idea what you are hearing there.

The intro is Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel though

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 03:48:43 AM »
The intro is Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel though
Scarily so. I wonder if they talked to Peter about this :laugh: The lyrics also mention a sledgehammer, so maybe that's why they chose to use it?

Sorry, can't place the song to any movie or TV show either :shrug:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
It's not the song itself, which was used, but the a few seconds of the melody of the chorus which reminds me of a movie scene. I still cannot place it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »
By the way, there is a Hitler parody floating around of the song in question. In it Hitler sings the song (with the same lyrics). There are even English subtitles available:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:01:52 PM »
I think I found it!