Author Topic: Iron Man 3 (2013)  (Read 2370 times)

samuelrichardscott

Iron Man 3 (2013)
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »
Marvel have confirmed a release date of May 3rd 2013. Favreau is not returning as director.

I dug both the first two and look forward to this.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Iron Man 3 (2013)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
I'll go see it.  I like Iron Man.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 02:37:26 AM »
Don't know. I for one was not happy with the second one...

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »
I enjoyed the first two about the same. I'll definitely see this.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:29:01 PM »
Press release:
Principal actor auditions and extras casting registration is underway for the Walt Disney Studios/Marvel Studios superhero feature film "Iron Man 3". Shooting will take place in the Wilmington, NC area and other locations in North Carolina from May 21, 2012 through September 7, 2012. The film's main stars are being cast out of Los Angeles, however many supporting and day player acting roles will be cast in North Carolina. All of the extras, photo-doubles and stand-ins for the films stars will be cast in North Carolina. The production will create 550 "high-quality, well-paying jobs" and 1,000 talent opportunities in N.C.

Two-time Academy Award nominated Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his roles as as Tony Stark, an industrialist and master engineer who builds a powered exoskeleton and becomes the technologically advanced superhero, Iron Man. Scarlett Johansson will return from "Iron Man 2" playing Natasha Romanoff aka "The Black Widow", and Gwyneth Paltrow plays Stark's closest friend, love interest, and business partner Pepper Potts. Don Cheadle, who replaced Terrence Howard after the first "Iron Man", returns as Lt. Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes - Stark's personal pilot, chief aviation engineer for Stark International, and one of Stark's closest friends.

Multi talented actor, screenwriter and film director Shane Black is taking over the directing duties from Jon Favreau, who directed the first two films in the "Iron Man" series. Black also is writing the screenplay for "iron Man 3" with Drew Pierce and Robert Downey Jr's creative input. He recently said not to expect "Iron Man 3" to feature any other heroes from Marvel's universe saying that after "The Avengers" the plan is to go back to self-contained single-character stories. Shane Black has directed Robert Downey Jr. before - in Black's last feature film directing job "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" in 2005.

Louis D'Esposito will executive produce for Marvel Studios. Former president and chairman of Marvel Comics, Stan Lee, will also executive produce along with Golden Globe Award nominated independent producer Charles Newirth. Avi Arad will produce the film under the banner of his company "Avi Arad Productions". Arad has served as producer or executive producer on every Marvel film since 1998's Blade. He is former CEO and the founder of Marvel Studios.

Producers: Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Stan Lee, Avi Arad

Writer/Director: Shane Black

Starring:

Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark/Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson - Natalie Rushman/Natasha Romanoff
Gwyneth Paltrow - Pepper Potts
Don Cheadle - War Machine

Good to see some of the names that are coming back. Also, yay for Shane Black as the writer/director.

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 06:54:45 AM »
Awesome so far!
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »
Isn't Shane Black more used to directing smaller movies than this? It might be a bit much for him.

But his dialog is usuaully awesome, so there is a plus point right there.

Najemikon

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
I wouldn't be concerned. Remember who directed the first Iron Man and where he came from. If anything, it gave the film a unique focus and Black will retain that rock 'n' roll approach with perhaps a slightly different direction. Could be a very good part 3.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
China are a huge market but only allow a limited amount of non-Chinese movies a year to screen there. With that, Marvel have announced Iron Man 3 will be a Chinese co-production so that they can distribute in China and make even more money :laugh:

Shanghai/ Beijing and Los Angeles, CA – The Walt Disney Company China, Marvel Studios and DMG Entertainment today announced the intention to co-produce IRON MAN 3 in China. Under the arrangement, DMG Entertainment will make an investment in the production of IRON MAN 3, manage the Chinese co-production process, and jointly produce the film in China. The Chinese portion of IRON MAN 3’s production will run through DMG Entertainment in coordination with Marvel Studios’ production and creative teams. DMG will also distribute IRON MAN 3 in China in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company China.

IRON MAN 3 will be the third movie in the billion-dollar plus franchise from Marvel and stars a returning cast including Robert Downey Jr. (as billionaire inventor Tony Stark) Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as James “Rhodey” Rhodes). IRON MAN 3 is produced by Kevin Feige and executive produced by Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Louis D’Esposito, Charles Newirth, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard and Dan Mintz. The film is being directed by Shane Black who is working on the script with Drew Pearce. The film releases in the United States on May 3, 2013, and is being distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures in all territories worldwide other than in China (which is being distributed by DMG Entertainment) and Germany/Austria (which is being distributed by the Tele München Group).

“The popularity of the Marvel franchise globally creates a huge opportunity to deliver fans yet another action packed film,” said Stanley Cheung, Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company, Greater China. “The co-production of IRON MAN 3 in China is testimony to the importance of this audience to Disney and the local industry capability to deliver a blockbuster title,” he added.

“We look forward to working alongside DMG to bring IRON MAN to the Chinese marketplace in a significant way. We are confident that Marvel’s stories will continue to be enjoyed by Chinese audiences, and adding a local flavor, and working with our new local partner, will enhance the appeal and relevance of our characters in China’s fast-growing film marketplace” said Rob Steffens, General Manager of Operations and Finance for Marvel Studios

“Our collaboration with Disney and Marvel marks a milestone in the global entertainment landscape, as this signifies the first multi-billion dollar franchise to be produced between Hollywood and China,” said Dan Mintz, CEO of DMG Entertainment. “The IRON MAN franchise has been a major success worldwide, and we look forward to pushing the series to new heights with IRON MAN 3. The movie will further build upon its compelling storyline, and feature the hottest A-list stars, and spectacular action, which will resonate well both globally and in China, the second largest box office market in the world.”

The first installment of IRON MAN lifted off with high-speed, high-flying action when jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark survives an unexpected attack and escapes by building a high-tech robotic suit of armor. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, Iron Man is a hero who is built—not born—to be unlike any other and made US$581 million at the global box office when released in 2008. Based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero, IRON MAN 2 continued the story of the 2008 summer box office blockbuster IRON MAN, and made US$624 million at the global box office when released in 2010 Now, IRON MAN 3 continues the story with a new chapter that will deliver more heart-pounding action than ever before. Marvel Studios’ IRON MAN 3 will find Tony Stark with his back against the wall, facing his most fearsome foes yet.

Shooting is expected to commence in May in the United States and begin location filming in China in late summer 2012.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Hope nobody expects appearances from the SHIELD/Avengers teams as Marvel chief Kevin Fiege says there isn't any and that Iron Man 3 will be used to kick off the next phase of movies.
Iron Man 3 doesn’t feature any of the other Avengers, or Nick Fury showing up, or any of those world-blending conceits that the Phase One films had. You have to keep in mind that Iron Man 3 had been in the works for almost a year, year and a half before The Avengers was released. We’re sticking to the vision for these films, and showing once again that these characters are just as interesting alone as they are together.

Hopefully, trailers aren't far away for this one.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »
I saw the trailer for Iron Man 3 today when I saw the new Bond movie.
Looks pretty good to me.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 09:54:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Dragonfire!

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 08:51:21 PM »
Despite not being filmed in 3D or IMAX, it will open in IMAX 3D.

Now I don't mind 3D, but if those are the intentions, at least film in it.