Author Topic: The Last Voyage of Demeter (2013)  (Read 819 times)

samuelrichardscott

The Last Voyage of Demeter (2013)
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
Neil Marshall is a favourite director of mine (and a friend - name drop!). Dog Soldiers and The Descent are excellent and Centurion also a lot of fun - and I'm just about to watch it again in the 'pick what I watch next' thread to remove it from my unwatched purchases pile.

Anyway, that reminded me of Marshall's next project which is in pre-production and is rumoured to star Viggo Mortensen.

Synopsis:
Follows the ill-fated crew aboard the merchant ship Demeter which carried Dracula's coffin from Transylvania to England only to arrive at port with no survivors aboard.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Voyage of Demeter (2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:29:36 AM »
(and a friend - name drop!)
:o

Dog Soldiers and The Descent (watching that n the cinema had me wonderfully scared!) are also two of my favourite movies. You can quote me on that :D

Replying to your review of Centurion I quickly cross checked and was pleased to see that this was finally going into pre-production. Dead Calm with a bigger crew and vampires...? Well, we'll see what he does with it. So far it has a Pixar vibe for me, their story lines rarely excite me, but they usually pull it off anyway...