Author Topic: Spring Breakers (2013)  (Read 1483 times)

samuelrichardscott

Spring Breakers (2013)
« on: November 02, 2011, 01:55:15 AM »
Harmony Korine's new project. He wrote Kids (which I loved), and directed Trash Humpers, Julien Donkey Boy and Gummo.

Synopsis:
[Spring Breakers] follows four college-aged girls who rob a fast food restaurant to afford spring break in Florida, only to get arrested upon their arrival… Alien, a rapping drug and arms dealer, bails them out and entices them to kill his arch-rival, a murderer who is appropriately named Arch.

James Franco has signed on as Alien and Emma Roberts, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez are in talks to play one of the girls. Franco is hit and miss for me but Roberts is ok from what I've seen, Hudgens I think is a good actress who just hasn't chosen the right role yet, and Gomez, well, she wouldn't be one of my choices...

Najemikon

Re: Spring Breakers (2013)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
This sounds like a thriller, but the cast is skewing towards "too young" surely? Unless there's an irony I'm missing...

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
This sounds like a thriller, but the cast is skewing towards "too young" surely? Unless there's an irony I'm missing...

From the pics I've seen on a couple of websites, it seems to be a female Hangover with Disney stars (and of course, no wedding)... :whistle:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »

Um, yeah.