Author Topic: Marvel's SHIELD (2013)  (Read 1333 times)

samuelrichardscott

Marvel's SHIELD (2013)
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:16:53 AM »
Well, it has been confirmed this takes place after The Avengers. People thought it would be a prequel because Clark Gregg is in this movie so how do you think they can twist that one?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Marvel's SHIELD (2013)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:39:01 AM »
Well, it has been confirmed this takes place after The Avengers. People thought it would be a prequel because Clark Gregg is in this movie so how do you think they can twist that one?

I am not sure if it was planned like this, but the first time I had watched "The Avengers", I really thought that Agent Coulson's death was only a ruse by Nick Fury. I really thought at the end it would turn out, that he hadn't died at all, and that Fury just told the others this, so they would start working together. So I was surprised that Coulson didn't make a mysterious comeback at the and. But still I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be true after all.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:01 AM »

I am not sure if it was planned like this, but the first time I had watched "The Avengers", I really thought that Agent Coulson's death was only a ruse by Nick Fury. I really thought at the end it would turn out, that he hadn't died at all, and that Fury just told the others this, so they would start working together. So I was surprised that Coulson didn't make a mysterious comeback at the and. But still I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be true after all.

That is exactly what I thought.  Coulson even said something along those lines..that the group needed something to bring them together.  They all seemed to like Coulson and were all upset in some way by what happened..so it worked.  And we already know that Fury ...manipulated things with the Captain America trading cards.  So I think it is completely believable that Fury would do something like that.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:24 PM »
I recently had a Marvel marathon and watched all of their comic book hero movies. I love these kinds of movies - they might be my favorite genre. Of course collecting comics when I was a kid might have something to do with it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »
I agree about Coulson. Whedon may have intended to kill him, I understand it's almost his trademark (killing off main characters), but he also seems to have been smart enough to make it ambiguous enough.

What is this, a cartoon? It's too quick after the last one to be live action, isn't it?

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »
It's live action. I bet it will be released in 2014 though, a few months before The Avengers 2?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
This topic put me in the mood and I just watched The Avengers again just now. Still doesn't get boring.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 05:16:51 AM »
Puny God
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »
We are talking about this, right?:

S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013) (TV)

Joss Whedeon is set to direct. I can not identify if it's a one-off TV movie or maybe the pilot for a new show...? So, either way, it may that it acts as a prequel of sorts and the use of Agent Coulson may not be as telling as we thought.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
Yes, that's the one.