Author Topic: Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (Read 20473 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:05 PM »
3.13. The Zeppo

Xander experiences an adventure of his own when he encounters a group of reanimated corpses out to construct a bomb. Meanwhile, Buffy and her friends battle the forces of evil when the Hellmouth reopens.

A Xander's episode where we see him works alone while the rest of the gang most stop a possible end of the world threat. It's nice to see Xander solve and beat a serious menace as he is the "useless" member of the group. A little bit silly, but fun.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:03:35 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
3.14. Bad Girls

Faith convinces Buffy to live on the wild side, with fatal consequences.

This episode is the breaking point between Faith and Buffy since they are too much different from one another in their method and thinking... Faith thinking is way better in my book, they are powerfull and fight the good fight why would they care about the consequences. It's also the arival of the new Watcher (he is incredibly anoying) and the Mayor became a lot more powerfull.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:03:48 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
3.15. Consequences

A homicide detective closes in on Buffy and Faith as he investigates the deputy mayor's death.

Start right where the previous episode stopped. It's a frustrating episode to watch because I agree with everything Faith say, so it kind of suck to see everyone else depicting her as being wrong. It's the moment where she completly gave up and it's understandable after the betrayal of Wesley (I hate him in that show, he will be so different in Angel). At least Buffy, Angel, Giles and Xander try to help her even if they don't understand her logical reasoning.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:03:59 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:47 AM »
I wasn't too fond of Wesley in Buffy either.  He was much better when he turned up in Angel.

I didn't like what the Council did around Buffy's birthday either.  It still bugs me a bit that Giles went along with it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2013, 04:41:51 AM »
3.16. Doppelgangland

While casting a magic spell, Anya and Willow accidentally summon Willow's evil double from an alternate universe.

That one was fun as it brought back the bad Willow and Anya from The Wish, as I said before I love Anya. The're a lot of funny moments due to the mix-up double Willow, it's the first precense of D'Hoffryn (who I think could be one of the most powerfull demon, but he doesn't seem to care about power) and the end is a great revenge (kind of) for Willow.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:04:15 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2013, 05:59:29 AM »
3.17. Enemies

Faith uses a shaman's powers to take away Angel's soul.

Angelus is back... This is a very important episode, maybe the most of that season, where a lot of facts are revealed. I sure get a kick out of the interaction between Faith and the Mayor (I know he is the bad guy, but he is so wacky that it's hard to not like him) and I agree 100% with what Xander say to Wesley about Faith.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:04:28 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
3.18. Earshot

Buffy fears she will descend into madness after she acquires the ability to read minds.

Something I've always dream of being able to do, guess the power isn't that great. It's one of those episode where the gang is the one doing the works as Buffy is unable to do it (love the usual tact of Cordelia when she do the questionning). Great to see Jonathan having more screen time than usual and it's the episode where Buffy learns what happened between Joyce and Giles in the Band Candy episode.

BTW, even if she is taller than me, Buffy isn't well place to comment on small people :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:04:39 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
3.19. Choices

The Mayor takes Willow prisoner after Buffy and her friends steal away a box containing demonic energy needed for Ascension Day.

Finally the gang decide to be pro-active and go after the Mayor. It doesn't turn that well, but not as bad as it sound. God I like the Mayor, too bad we didn't see him in the first two season as he is quite a character, and Wesley continue to do the best he can to be unlikable...

Pete, I guess you wouldn't like to open the Box of Gavrok :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
Definitely not my favorite creatures on the show!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »
3.20. The Prom

After Angel breaks off their relationship, Buffy single-handedly battles three fearsome hell hounds so that her classmates can enjoy their senior prom.

An ok episode, but usually the episode before the final as good as it could be would be a let down. But Anya is back, a new love story is at its beginning and now I know who the hell is Tucker. No wonder his brother will be so insignifiant... Tucker left no impression in my memory at all :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:27:40 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2013, 10:34:19 PM »
3.21. Graduation Day: Part 1

In an effort to distract Buffy from the Ascension, the mayor instructs Faith to poison Angel.

Almost there, but the're one more opponent on the Mayor to fight before the big showdown. Good episode where the gang learn how to defeat the Mayor after the Ascension and it end on a strong demoralizing way. The Ritual of Gavrok is sure disgusting :puke:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
3.22. Graduation Day: Part 2

On Ascension Day, Buffy and her friends prepare for the ultimate battle as they face off against the mayor and a hoard of vampires.

Now this is what I call a final, but it's the best season so to get the best final isn't that surprising. A big fight is necessary to beat the Mayor and a big fight it was, everybody is in it and when I say everybody it's everybody. A fight even if you won isn't without casuality and some of the cast members fight their last fight (now I've seen where H become a vampire). We can say school's out and in that case not just for summer.

Only critic I can do is about the aspect of the Mayor after his ascension, the CGI is really bad. But we talk more than 10 years ago and TV money, so it's understandable....

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2013, 11:57:55 PM »
And it's the point where I take a break to watch Angel...

To be honest I'm not in a hurry to watch the next season who is my least favorite of the seven seasons making that show.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
Only critic I can do is about the aspect of the Mayor after his ascension, the CGI is really bad. But we talk more than 10 years ago and TV money, so it's understandable....

It was even fairly bad for its time. At least I thought so when it first aired.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
To be honest I'm not in a hurry to watch the next season who is my least favorite of the seven seasons making that show.

The Riley Factor?
My least favorite character of the whole series. But season 4 still had some great episodes. Like "Hush", the Faith two-parter, and also Spike is joining the cast.