Author Topic: A Question for German Film Fans... OR.... Fans of German Films  (Read 2439 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
A Question for German Film Fans... OR.... Fans of German Films
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
I have this on the way...

Anatomy / Anatomy 2
| Year: 2000 | 201 Min.| IMDb | Trailer/Intro

ANATOMY
When Paula (Franka Potente, The Bourne Identity), a brilliant, ambitious medical student, is accepted into a prestigious anatomy class taught by a legendary professor, it seems like a dream come true. But her school days soon turn to nightmares when several of her fellow classmates turn up dead in the university's morgue. Puzzled by the bizarre deaths, Paula soon uncovers a secret medical society whose members perform grisly autopsies on human subjects – while they are still alive – and is plunged into a chillingly macabre world from which no one escapes to tell the terrifying truth.

ANATOMY 2
In the research department of Berlin's most prestigious hospital, a centuries-old secret society is once again operating outside the rules of medical science – and the laws of nature. This time Anti-Hippocratics are led by a renowned neurosurgeon bent on developing the first synthetic body parts – at all costs. Assisted by a handpicked team of ambitious medical students, the doctor is close to achieving his ruthless dream – until an inquisitive young intern and a relentless investigator (Franka Potente, Run Lola Run) discover the deadly truth about the team's experiments. Now, this terrifying body of information could cost them their lives in this chilling sequel to the acclaimed suspense thriller Anatomy.

Anyone here see these?... is there something here I should be looking forward to? 

According to the back cover it seems the first one is dubbed in English... but the second one isn't so will have to deal with subtitles. I know... most prefer subtitles... but me being such a slow reader dubs just work better for me... or I am pausing and rewinding through-out the film. Which pulls me out of the storyline too much.

Anyway... was just curious if anyone here seen these and if they are any good.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: A Question for German Film Fans... OR.... Fans of German Films
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
Also... for anyone that knows German... could you give me a hand and look this over?

I decided to make manual profiles for each movie in the set. And decided that I would go ahead and add an English translation for the roles in these profiles. I used google Translate for these... but don't know how far I can trust it... and a couple of them seems questionable... can you take a quick look and see if you see any mistakes?

I am putting the couple that seem strange to me in bold...

Anatomy:
Grossvater (Grandfather)
Präparator (Taxidermist)
Junger Mann (Young Man)
Helfer (Helper)
Putzfrau (Housekeeper)
Frau Freisinger (Woman Freising) questioning the second word
Polizist (Policeman)
Kriminalbeamter (Detective)
Kellnerin Heidelberg (Waitress Heidelberg) questioning the second word
Junkie-Mädchen (Junkie Girl)
Kursteilnehmer (Students)

also in this first film... there is a role of "Femerichter"... would this be a person's name? becuase google didn't give any translation for it.

Anatomy 2:
Referentin (Officer)
Reisender (Traveler)
Philippinische Schwestern (Filipino Sisters)
Epileptiker (Epileptics) one cast member... so wrong or should be changed to singular? maybe in German it is the same for singular and plural?
Krankenschwester (Nurse)
Verwaltungsassistentin (Administrative Assistant)
Oberschwester (Matron)
Helfer 1 (Helper 1)
Mannschaftskapitän (Team Captain)
Philippinisches Kind (Philippine Child)
Nachtportier (Night Porter)
Vorstopper (Pilot Topper)
Kriminalbeamter (Detective)
Pfleger 1 (Groom 1)

Thanks for any/all help given... appreciate it. :)
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »

Anatomy:
Grossvater (Grandfather) , Großvater would be the correct spelling
Frau Freisinger (Woman Freising) questioning the second word, Mrs. Freisinger
Kellnerin Heidelberg (Waitress Heidelberg) questioning the second word, Waitress Heidelberg is correct. Heidelberg is the last name of the waitress

also in this first film... there is a role of "Femerichter"... would this be a person's name? becuase google didn't give any translation for it
sounds like a name.Could be a job descriptor, but I could not tell you what that would be

Anatomy 2:
Referentin (Officer) I would translate it as instructor or speaker. it is someone giving a lecture or speech
Epileptiker (Epileptics) one cast member... so wrong or should be changed to singular? maybe in German it is the same for singular and plural?,
In this case it is probably singular. for plural there probably would have been an article to make it clear.

Vorstopper (Pilot Topper), never heard this.looks like a term from chess.don't know the English word.

sorry for the bad formatting. I was writing from my phone.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »
Thanks for the help Tom! :)
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 07:57:35 PM »
Vorstopper (Pilot Topper)
Pfleger 1 (Groom 1)

A "Pfleger" is most likely equivalent to an "orderly". In German "Pfleger" is the male equivalent to the female "Krankenschwester" (nurse).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorstopper --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder#Defensive_midfielder

Epileptiker (Epileptics) one cast member... so wrong or should be changed to singular? maybe in German it is the same for singular and plural?

If it's one person then it's an epileptic.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:01:01 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »
Thanks Karsten! :)
Pete