Poll

What would be your THREE choices for the National Toy Hall of Fame?

Clue
dominoes
Fisher-Price Corn Popper
Lite-Brite
little green army men
Magic 8 Ball
pogo stick
Sidewalk Chalk
Simon
Star Wars action figures
tea set
Twister

Author Topic: National Toy Hall of Fame finalists  (Read 724 times)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
National Toy Hall of Fame finalists
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
It's weird the things that you can run across by accident online. A TV show had a guy playing with a Slinky. I decided I would go to Wikipedia and the toy's page lead me to the NTHF page which contained all of the previous winners. The entries are selected by national submissions. I assume the finalists are choose by popular vote. The 2-3 winners are "made on the advice of historians, educators, and other individuals who exemplify learning, creativity, and discovery through their lives and careers" according to the official website. This is a Hall of Fame rather than a Toy of the Year which explains the classic nature of all previous winners and finalists.

In the poll are the 12 finalists for this year. Vote for your three choices and give why you believe they should be chosen.

The past winners are...
  • 1998-1999: Barbie, Crayola Crayon, Erector Set, Etch-A-Sketch, Frisbee, Hula Hoop, Lego, Lincoln Logs, Marbles, Monopoly, Play-Doh, Radio Flyer wagon, roller skates, teddy bear, Tinkertoy, View-master, Duncan Yo-Yo
  • 2000: bicycle, jacks, jump rope, Mr. Potato Head, Slinky (out of 34 nominations)
  • 2001: Silly Putty, Tonka Trucks (out of 83 nominations)
  • 2002: jigsaw puzzle, Raggedy Ann (90 nominees)
  • 2003: alphabet blocks, Checkers
  • 2004: G.I. Joe, rocking horse, Scrabble
  • 2005: Candy Land, cardboard box, Jack-in-the-box
  • 2006: Easy-Bake Oven, Lionel Trains
  • 2007: Atari 2600, kite, Raggedy Andy
  • 2008: stick, baby doll, skateboard
  • 2009: ball, Game Boy, Big Wheel
  • 2010: The Game of Life, playing cards
  • 2011: Hot Wheels, dollhouse, blanket

And of course, this year: Clue, dominoes, Fisher-Price Corn Popper, Lite-Brite, little green army men, Magic 8 Ball, pogo stick, Sidewalk Chalk, Simon, Star Wars action figures, tea set, and Twister. source
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.