Author Topic: My Personal Horrorfest  (Read 13202 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Horrorfest
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »
Doom is in my unwatched pile... I may have to get to that one soon.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
If you dont mind Sci-Fi or have enjoyed the videogame i think you will really enjoy this one! :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »

Title: Untraceable
Year: 2008
Director: Gregory Hoblit
Rating: Rated NR : Strong Grisly Torture and Violence
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish

Stars:
Diane Lane (1965)
Billy Burke (1966)
Colin Hanks
Joseph Cross
Mary Beth Hurt
Peter Lewis

Plot:
Within the FBI there exists a division dedicated to finding and catching criminals who operate on the Internet.

Welcome to the front lines of the war on cybercrime, where Special Agent Jennifer Marsh (Diane Lane) has seen it all before - until now, when she is assigned to investigate a new untraceable and unstoppable website where a deadly serial killer is placing live footage of his grisly murders. The more people who watch the site, the faster his victims die.

When this game of cat and mouse becomes personal, Jennifer must race against the clock to track down and stop the killer before she becomes the next victim.

Untraceable is a heart-stopping thriller from the director of Primal Fear and Fracture.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Featurettes

My Review:
Another great horror movie, with a interesting story. A bit different story actually. A horror movie with a great deal of suspence in it aswell.  And i like what they have done with it. They are chasing a guy who is killing people\animals and streaming it live etc, just to taunt the FBI and cops. And i like how intense the chase gets trough out the end of the movie. A movie with a few twists. And a good mix between psychological horror and a few grapich scenes aswell. And for me they kept up the intensity trough out the movie. And i like what Diane Lane (the lead actress) did with this one. A great mix horror as said. Wich i would highly recommand you guys to watch! :)

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:

Maby i will be able to reach 30 movies before the month is over :D
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »

Title: The Ward
Year: 2010
Director: John Carpenter (1948)
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Bloody Violence
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Amber Heard
Mamie Gummer
Danielle Panabaker
Laura-Leigh
Lyndsy Fonseca
Mika Boorem

Plot:
Welcome to North Bend Psychiatric Hospital, an isolation ward for female offenders with a deadly secret guaranteed to terrify beyond words. Kristen (Amber Heard - 'Drive Angry') finds herself committed to The Ward after setting fire to an abandoned farmhouse.

Imprisoned in this terrifying asylum alongside a group of erratically behaved young women, Kristen not only faces overbearing wardens during the day but by night a savage ghostly figure stalks The Ward hallway for her next victim to swallow into the darkness.

Legendary slasher horror film director John Carpenter is back, proving "he is still the master of shock" (Movies Online).

Extras:
Scene Access
Interviews

My Review:
Again, after a real slow week with alot of stuff happening i got around to watch this one. Another blind buy, didnt know really what to expect other then it was from John Carpenter. The movie started of strong, about a girl that get sent to a "looney bin" back in the old days. sorry my expression (dont know the english word for it) And in that place stuff happens, people disappears, and there is something or someone that hunts this place. And i think the story is interesting, and like what they have done with all the "we are chasing a ghost" thing. A good mix between pschyological and some gore in the mix. What they was trying to tell us was also ok. But a bit slow at times, and a bit confusing at times too. And the acting was the finest i've seen either. And the filming and editing could have been better. But what they had to work with, i think they did ok. And i kinda like the twist trough the end of the movie. And i liked how they decided to end the movie. IMO that was a good touch.
All in all, an ok horrormovie. Not my favourite horror movie, but an ok one. Check it out if you want to.
Worth a check out IMO (if you find it cheap somewhere, or allready own it)

My Rating:
3/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »

Title: The Resident
Director: Antti J. Jokinen
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Violence, Sexual Threat and Strong Language
Length: 91 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Hilary Swank
Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Lee Pace
Christopher Lee (1922)
Aunjanue Ellis
Sean Rosales

Plot:
Every year, millions of single women move apartment. They don't know who lived in the apartment before them and they don't bother to change the locks - they should. After separating from her adulterous husband (Lee Pace) the beautiful Dr. Juliet Devereau (Hilary Swank) is one such woman starting a new life in a stunning loft apartment that seems too good to be true.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers

My Review:
This movie was a movie i was looking forward to see actually. And it was nice to see Hilary Swank again in a movie (long time since for me) Heard great things about the movie aswell. The story itself was creepy enough. But um.. The movie started of too slow for my taste really. Stuff didnt start to happend before over midway trough the movie. And you kinda knew how the things would end, and what would happend really. I had kinda high hopes for the movie, with Hilary Swank as the lead character. But the movie started of real slow, and when it "first started" it never really kicked off, or picked up any pace. And for the real horrory\grose stuff, they didnt do a good job with it at all. They missed imo too many spots. It was a movie with great potential, but imo they dropped the ball on this one. With the actors in the movie, they should have done more with it really. And i will not recommand it really. :\

My Rating:
2/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2012, 12:33:42 AM »

Title: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Director: Samuel Bayer
Rating: Rated 18 : Strong Bloody Violence and Threat
Length: 96 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Bahasa, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Jackie Earle Haley
Kyle Gallner
Rooney Mara
Katie Cassidy
Thomas Dekker
Kellan Lutz

Plot:
Five teenage friends living on one street all dream of a sinister man with a disfigured face, a frightening voice and a gardener's glove with knives for fingers. But when one among them dies, they soon realize that what happens in their dreams happens for real and the only way to stay alive is to stay awake. Buried in their past is a debt that has just come due. To save themselves, they must plunge into the mind of the most twisted nightmare of all: Freddy Krueger. Jackie Earle Haley plays the legendary evildoer in this contemporary reimagining of the seminal horror classic.

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
BD-Live
Digital Copy
WB Movie Maniacal Mode

My Review:
I am prolly way too late for the party, but i just watched this one. (i havent seen any other of the movies. not even the original) But i've heard this was a great movie. And i have to agree. I kinda found the story interesting. And the monster that are chasing some guys in a dream, and try to do stuff. Well, is it a dream? I think they did a great job with the "chase" after the monster that keeps coming up in those nightmares. Is it real? Or is it just something they have dreamt? They have driven a fine line here, not too much of that or this. And i liked what we learned about the victims. (let us call them that) And i like how they made it all so real. And a few good scare moments aswell, and a few good gore scenes. And the special efects and makeup team did a great job with this one IMO. The picture and sound quality was pretty decent aswell. Great job there! And it was nice to see Rooney Mara again. Did a good job IMO. And the ending.. WOW, i actually didnt see that coming at all! Well, for the people who havent seen this one. You should! For me, this is a must watch\have for all you horror fans out there! Highly recommanded!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »
Agree with everything you say about The Ward. A capable film, but a little disappointment for us Carpenter fans.

For the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street - I enjoyed it but just didn't dig Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:51 AM »
Agreed Sam! But for the Nightmare at Elm Street, i havent seen any of the others
so i cant say anything about them. But maby i should get around to watch them sometime.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

Title: The Strangers
Year: 2008
Director: Bryan Bertino
Rating: Från 15 år
Length: 86 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, English

Stars:
Liv Tyler
Scott Speedman

Plot:
After returning from a wedding reception, a couple staying in an isolated vacation house receive a knock on the door in the mid-hours of the night. What ensues is a violent invasion by three strangers, their faces hidden behind masks. The couple find themselves in a violent struggle, in which they go beyond what either of them thought capable in order to survive.

Extras:
Scene Access
Deleted Scenes
Bakomfilmer: Element of terror

My Review:
This is a movie i saw a few years back on dvd. And i really enjoyed it back then, and i always wanted to upgrade to bluray. And now i've finally got the chance to check it out again on blu. And what a great movie it is really. (based on a true story) After a young couple comes back to their summerhouse after a wedding, to relax and think things over. Slowy things are happening with both them and the house. Is it someone that plays a prank on them? Or is it someone that want them dead? (Well i like the story obv.) nothing much you can do with that i guess since its based on a true story?
A lot of good scenes in this movie, some real good scare moments. And when you see what happens to those two people. I cant help but wonder, how sick and twisted can people really be?  And i was thinking a few times trough out the movie "This really happend to someone" And that kinda scared me the most. But for the movie yes. A lot of good moments, a few twists here and there. Allright acting by Liv Tyler aswell.  The music wasnt the best, but ok. The filming and editing was good aswell. And the ending aswell, great ending. (now i dont know if thats with the story, or if it is something they decided to add) but a great detail IMO.  A great horror movie that actually recommand all horror fans out there to check out! Highly recommanded IMO!

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:58:02 PM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »

Title: Poltergeist
Year: 1982
Director: Tobe Hooper
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Horror
Length: 114 Min.
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Kinesisk, Koreansk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Craig T. Nelson
JoBeth Williams
Beatrice Straight
Dominique Dunne
Oliver Robins
Heather O'Rourke

Plot:
"THEY'RE HERE;" playful at first...but not for long. A storm errupts, a tree attacks and little Carol Anne Freeling is whisked into a spectral void. As her family confronts horrors galore, something else is here too: a new benchmark in Hollywood ghost stories. Producers Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall and director Tobe Hooper head the elite scream team of this classic chiller. Welcome to Home Sweet Haunted Home.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar

My Review:
Oh.. This movie i've heard almost "everything about" its the best, its so scary etc.. And now finally i got the chance to sit down and watch it. And wow, you guys are 100% correct! What a movie, its too much awesomeness in this movie to write about. So i will just write a few things about it. First of i just have to say something about the babygirl and the tv. How creepy is that? In the first scene? Holy smokes. And the creepyness and scare moments just kept coming trough out the movie. And i just have to say something. WHATS WITH THE KLOWNS!!! (gah!) Dont like'em at all. And then this small older lady comes to the house. What a creepy lady! (she was enough to give me nightmares) and with that look, and that voice! Just wow. And the stuff they made happen in the movie aswell, with the visual efects, the makeup team. Amazing job! This might just be the grandmother of all paranomal movies. A movie that truly enjoyed from start to finish. A movie that cant recommand highly enough! A MUST see\have for any horror fans out! Pure class! Mr. Steven Spielberg did it again huh? :)

My Rating:
6/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »

Title: I Spit On Your Grave
Director:
Rating: 18
Length: 103 Min.
Audio: English
Subtitles: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English

Stars:
Sarah Butler
Jeff Branson

Plot:
Writer Jennifer Hills (Butler) takes a retreat from the city to a charming cabin in the woods to start on her next book. But Jennifer's presence in the small town attracts the attention of a few morally depraved locals who set out one night to teach this city girl a lesson. They break into her cabin to scare her. However, what starts out as terrifying acts of humiliation and intimidation, quickly and uncontrollably escalates into a night of physical abuse and torturous assault. But before they can kill her, Jennifer sacrifices her broken and beaten body to a raging river that washes her away. As time passes, the men slowly stop searching for her body and try to go back to life as usual. But that isn't about to happen. Against all odds, Jennifer Hills survived her ordeal. Now, with hell bent vengeance, Jennifer's sole purpose is to turn the tables on these animals and to inflict upon them every horrifying and torturous moment they carried out on her...

Extras:
None

My Review:
I will just start of by saying that i have NOT watched the original, just this remake. I've heard alot about this one. And now i finally got the chance to check it out. It is a incredible hard movie to watch, alot of brutal and heartbreaking scenes. And a very cruel movie too. It is a very strong and sick and twisted horror movie, about a girl that after alot of things happening to her, is out to get revenge (rightfully so!) And what happend to her was very hard to watch. The revenge she is getting is setting this movie up for a lot of gore, and some graphic scenes. A movie (for the horror part) did its job very good. But this is a horror movie for those who are not easy offended, or dont have a weak heart.  Its a good horror movie, but a very diffecult one to watch. If you allready have seen the original, you know what it is. But if not, check out the trailer first.

My Rating:
5/6

Movie Count:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
One of the better horror remakes IMO. I enjoyed it.

The original is very different though, especially in tone, and far superior if you ask me. I would definately check it out but it is an acquired taste.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
I gotcha.. I've been looking for the original, and i find it on amazon.uk, but it says nothing about
English subtitles etc. I need atleast English subtitles  :-[
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
You might find a site I work on useful for subtitle info: www.dvdcompare.net

In the UK, the 3 disc Ultimate Edition from Metrodome does NOT have any subtitles at all but is uncut. The older Anchor Bay release DOES have subtitles but is and older print from before the BBFC waived all cuts and is cut by 31 seconds. However, the cut scenes are still on the DVD via DVD-Rom (it takes you online to see the scene).

The Finnish release is pretty good also:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1820#5

If you ever have any questions about subtitles on UK releases, let me know because I'm in contact with people at the majority of the labels in the UK and can almost certainly answer the majority.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
You have the wrong movie linked :P

This is the good one on DVD and Blue-Ray