Author Topic: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dont you just hate waiting on a package of DVDs to arrive
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »
For the [REC] 1 & 2, you got something to look forward to Achim! ;) I enjoyed them anyways. And i see its coming a REC3 aswell :)
Oh, I have seen them and fully agree. I am only upgrading fom DVD to Blu-ray at this point.

I like the trailer for the third one. It's funny and ist importantly it s at a new location. Can't wait to see it.

Has anybody here seen Quarantine 2? Reading the synopsis I saw they seemed o have departed from the original with the storyline. Is it worth to at least catch on pay-per-view?

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
If you have seen Quarantine, would you recommand it? Worth buying? :) Heard both good and bad things about it.  And judging by the trailer, it could remind me a bit of the REC movies.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »
If you have seen Quarantine, would you recommand it? Worth buying? :) Heard both good and bad things about it.  And judging by the trailer, it could remind me a bit of the REC movies.
I haven't seen Qurantine, it's a straight forward sequel o there is no point. But since pet 2 seems removed from the remake formula I started wondering...

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
I see, but i was talking about Quarantine 1 :) I havent seen that one yet.. Maby i will have to get that one, when i get back from vacations :D
But i've heard alot of things about the Quarantine movie. I'll see if they got it cheap on amazon ;) soon October ;) (the allmighty halloween month ;) )
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »
I haven't seen the Rec movies to know anything about them... but I have and enjoyed Quarantine. It stars Jennifer Carpenter... who also one of the stars of Dexter (Dexter's sister). It is one of those "Found Tape" films... where they try to make it look like you are watching recordings from a home video camera. In this case the raw footage from a reporter's camera.
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:37 PM »
Ah, cool! I like her role in Dexter, so that would be interesting! :) And the style with handheld cameras, "home video" etc. I can appreciate that style as long as its done in a good and convincing way. :) That we the fans, belive that "its homemade" :)

I will see what i find after my trip =) Or maby i find it on my trip ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 01:59:19 AM »
If you like her.... she also stars in...

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

OscarĀ® nominees Laura Linney (2000, Best Actress, You Can Count on Me) and Tom Wilkinson (2001, Best Actor, In The Bedroom) delve into the supernatural in this thriller based on a true story that will test your resolve, and ultimately your faith.

Emily Rose (Jennifer Carpenter, White Chicks) was an average teenage girl who was the target of terrifying demonic forces that would ultimately shock a town and torment her soul. But was she, as many believed, possessed? In an attempt to clear the clergyman who exorcised Emily, a skeptical attorney (Linney) awakens to the discovery that powerful spiritual forces may actually exist. This harrowing film unfolds like a recurring nightmare from which there is no waking.

...as the title character. Which I also enjoyed. Though I must admit it has been long time since I watched it. Need to be sure to do so in October. :)
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
Oh, wow.. I just checked out the trailer for that one! I will definitely put that on my list of movie i will get for October! I cant belive i havent heard about that movie before..  :bag: Thank you sir ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 12:51:22 PM »
I hope i get to pick up a few more horror movies before the October :) I see amazon got alot of good offers these days on horror movies! ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

kevin_1990

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
the boxsets both came today

The Muhammad Ali boxet front and back

The Mike Tyson boxset front and back

And because i bought both boxsets they chucked in a free DVD that i didnt know what it was untill it arrived and i was really empressed when i found out what the free DVD was.

its was Tyson The Movie

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
Right now I am expecting 3 packages in the mail. While I am doing OK so far... I am known to get impatient at times! :P I can see myself starting to get a little impatient within the next couple days.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:35:35 PM »
The only thing I'm impatient about is waiting for my computer to come back from being fixed - the second time.

I used it for 92 days before it broke and I've been without it for 45 so far. Unexceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
I don't consider that being impatient at all! That is really messed up and I would be steaming mad by now if I was you.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:31 PM »
Unexceptable as far as I'm concerned.
I think it's safe to say "unexceptable for anybody", at least I hope the previously botched job was garantee...

I am known to get impatient at times!
I know the feeling... I've actually eight DVDs in the mail :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »
In my case it is 3 packages with 22 DVDs (releases). Most of which is box sets or TV season sets.
Pete