Author Topic: Who did you meet today?  (Read 3823 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: Who did you meet today?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »
I'm just back from Comic Con and met Kristen Stewart and Edgar Wright among others. Got to see the test footage of Antman. Will write a full post when I can be arsed.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
Cool

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »
This was an encounter more than a meeting.

As is my nature when I am out of town, I get a lot of exercise by walking. If the place that I am staying has an exercise room I will go in there as well. So, two nights ago I enter and there were two boys... one about 12 and the other 15 or 16. There were also two adults. One was middle aged, the other it was hard to tell because his hair was gray at the top, darker at the bottom, had an older face, but a younger physique.

Anyway, the 12 year old was jogging at your typical steady pace on the machine. The older men were coaching him and the teen was watching until about 20 minutes in he too got on a machine and was showing the kid how to increase his stride. I was in there for about an hour and a half and the kid never left the treadmill, and I know that was going noticeably faster when I left than when I came in.

The Olympics were playing on a flat screen, and through that the coach made the comment that I can only assume to be true under the circumstances: the boy was training for the AAU Junior Olympics. :training:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.