Author Topic: Euros 2012  (Read 5624 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: Euros 2012
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »
Good final twenty minutes in that game. Well done to the Germans, a good win.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
Well done to the Germans, a good win.

A lucky win, for sure.
If we wouldn't have such a fantastic defense this time Portugal might have easily won.

Gomez is always good for a surprise, give him a chance that can't be missed and he'll find a way. Give him an impossible angle and he'll bend physical laws to make the goal.
Probably just not one for the easy way.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
Kind weird game so far between Spain - Italy.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 11:38:16 PM »
Spain Italy was a good game to watch. Didn't bother with Ireland Croatia though I wish I did now. Always good to see the Irish get turned over.

The game I've been waiting for is tomorrow though. England v France. I don't hold much hope out for us. We got a new manager just a few weeks ago and he has dropped some big players (like Rio Ferdinand) and is putting out a young team. I think we'll get through the group stages, but this young team will be great for Brazil 2014. :tease:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
Spain Italy was a good game to watch. Didn't bother with Ireland Croatia though I wish I did now. Always good to see the Irish get turned over.

The game I've been waiting for is tomorrow though. England v France. I don't hold much hope out for us. We got a new manager just a few weeks ago and he has dropped some big players (like Rio Ferdinand) and is putting out a young team. I think we'll get through the group stages, but this young team will be great for Brazil 2014. :tease:

The Ireland match was actually quite good! And my heart is beating a bit more for England this eurocup. I hope they do good this time. And what is the BS about Rio Ferdinand?! I mean, they are professionals after all? Thats a huge mistake by Hodgson. That can cost him. IMO
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
Oh, I'm kind of glad Ferdinand is gone. He's overrated but I was surprised he godt pushed aside as he has the experience the back line need for this tournament.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »
Overrated? Well, i dont agree. Is he as good as he was in his prime, and early years in manu? No! But is he better then the replacement, the subtitute from liverpool? I think so. And even though 'you' are manu fan, chelsea fan etc. Rio Ferdinand bring something very important to the team. 80+ matches. Not 4. As the new guy have. (dont remember the name) And Rio Ferdinand is very well liked in the dressing room. Moreso then John Terry. (since its there the really beef is.) But we'll see how it turns out i guess :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:08 AM »
 :yawn:

I am with Karsten on this... Happened to watch IT-Crowd yesterday, that episode where Moss uses the pretend-football-talk not to appear an outsider. It was hilarious how that ended up.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
I'm expecting a draw today in England vs France but I now have some praise for Hodgson. Starting with Oxade-Chamberlain? Holy crap, brave move and good to see some balls in his selection. Getting excited now, but because I have to go offshore on a helicopter tomorrow, will be staying out of the pub. :(

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »
Probable starting line-up for England: Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Young; Welbeck.

Loving this. Lots of youngsters with plenty of determination. Young is one to watch, especially if he slips in behind Chamberlain and becomes difficult to mark. Welbeck is a good choice to start as Carroll hasn't impressed lately. Of course, we are missing Rooney, but I think not having in the team might actually be a good thing to let new talent shine. I do think we need him in general though for that finishing touch. Gerrar and Milner are obvious solid candidates, and having Lescott and Johnson at the back are also great choices. Hart is out best keeper since Seaman so another quality choice.

I think we'll do better than people expect, despite this team being put together in just a few weeks.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
Interesting lineup. But if your offshore from tomorrow of. Do you get any time to watch some football?
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
Interesting lineup. But if your offshore from tomorrow of. Do you get any time to watch some football?

Yep, I can still watch every game.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Nice! :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »

Yep, I can still watch every game.
And I keep wondering why the gas-prices are that high.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
 :whistle:

Apparently 4000 England fans only which was expected anyway as the polcie etc have warned everyone to stay away from this tournament. Reading reports though that there are a lot of Russian and Ukranians wearing England colours, probably looking for a scrap. ::) Hopefully no trouble.