Author Topic: Cable Surprise  (Read 843 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Cable Surprise
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
Several months to a year back we got rid of all our premium cable channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.). Today I called the cable company to ask about something new they started Xfinity Streampix. Which is a subscription based On-Demand service for both TV Shows and movies. They ended up giving me a free 3 month trial of both Xfinity Streampix and Cinemax. While looking through the On-Demand sections for both these I stumbled into Starz On-Demand. Starz is a premium movie channel that shows a lot of the recent movies even before channels such as HBO and Showtime. And it was on!?! Why is this on!?! is all I could think. So I called the cable company back... expecting it was on by mistake and would be taken off... but she told me...

Starz is part of the package that we have... we have had these channels and On-Demand this whole time! I could have been enjoying some right new movies for all these months without even realizing it!  :o

Right now I am sitting here watching...

Other movies they have already is...

- Jack & Jill (Adam Sandler)
- Friends with Benefits (Mila Kunis)
- Bad Teacher
- Cars 2
- Tangled
- The Ides of March
- Smurfs

Just to name a few. This is a huge plus for me since I can't get the movies as soon as they are released on DVD. Now I can watch them and see if I even want to add them to my collection or not.

I so can't believe I could have been watching Starz all these months and didn't know it!  :voodoo:
Pete

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
Re: Cable Surprise
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »
Hello TiVo, here I come! :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Cable Surprise
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
Don't need to clog up my Tivo with those. As long as they are on On-Demand I don't have to record them!  ;D
Pete