Author Topic: Watched banner question  (Read 11707 times)

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
Re: Watched banner question
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »
There appears to be legal issues with distributing fonts in the manner that the older versions of jpgraph did (which is what the version on john's site does).

Why not try that one, and if it works, then great, and if it doesn't I can talk you through getting an installation working ...

EdwinK

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
It seems I've got it working. Just a (few) fonts missing, but those I can add later.

EdwinK

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »
And.. it's gone again :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
And.. it's gone again :(

And it's back again. I did that, actually. OK, I think, now I've got some 'splaining to do.

Short info how this whole image banner thingy works:

On your webspace there's a directory called imagecache. When phpDVDProfiler needs to create thumbnails it stores them in there.

The banners in the signature are created when you call ws.php?action=update. You can either do that directly or it's done implicitly when you do a general update via index.php?action=update.

So when I checked your imagecache directory, the edwin.jpg was not there (did you happen to clean that directory?). So I called ws.php?action=update and et voilĂ ! There they are again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:17:50 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

EdwinK

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
O, I didn't know that. Yes, I cleaned it, there were over 300 images in it and I thought it was too much. I'll try and keep that update thing in mind for next time ;)

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »
Quick tip: If you want to manually clean out the imagecache directory, leave alone any images whose filenames don't end with "imagecache.jpg" ... all of the cached images are like that and the static watched banners are not (unless you named a profile Fred_imagecache.jpg or something  ::)

EdwinK

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 06:02:22 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to remember that.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
Mine is screwed up again. :(

Not sure what happened...was just trying to get it to show the last few things I watched.

I did delete some files from the image cache..but I've done that before with no problem. I don't see the file for the banner listed there and I know I didn't delete it. 
Tried uploading the missing images to the imagecache to see if that would help, and got some error about it being full or something.

I think I need a different host with more storage.  I don't know what else to try..and I really don't have the extra money right now to pay out a lot each month.  I think I'm doomed. :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
It could be that you storage space is maxed out. Or did you happen to change the access permission on the imagecache directory? It needs to be rwxrwxrwx = 777

Because I cant's see a tiger_lil6.jpg file in there even after a forced update.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
I didn't change anything.  
Well I decided to go ahead and delete all the stuff in the image cache.  And the banner is back.  There is a file for the banner in there again.  I also uploaded the localconfig file again..I think I did that before I deleted stuff from the cache.

I think I do need to delete some of that stuff every so often..but always before I could see the file for the banner and I left that one alone.  I'm just glad it is working again.

One of these days I'll have to look into finding a different host that has more storage...and isn't that expensive.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:15:44 PM by Dragonfire »

RossRoy

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 03:52:48 AM »
One of these days I'll have to look into finding a different host that has more storage...and isn't that expensive.

If I may suggest Site5. It comes down to about 5$/month (but you have to pay 2 years upfront). They are the ones I use and I never had problems with them, and the few times there's been a problem with the server, they fixed it real quick.

Site5.com
I've added my referrer ID to the link. If you do decide to join up Site5, they give me some credit.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 04:44:31 AM »
Thanks...I'll definitely keep that in mind once I have the extra money.  Since I'd have to pay for 2 years at once, I'll have to wait a bit.  But it looks nice.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
I also use Site5. :thumbsup:

My site is basically dormant, but I still use it for phpdvdprofiler, of course.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 09:34:03 AM »
That's about all I'll use it for too more than likely.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
It's screwed up again.  I think I'm cursed.