Author Topic: Sleep patterns  (Read 1048 times)

samuelrichardscott

Sleep patterns
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:00:20 AM »
Anybody else get little sleep? Tonight for me, just two and a bit hours... It seems to be quite normal for me to get only 4-5 hours per night if that all month and have one day where I just crash. Never feel tired but it is annoying. :-[

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Sleep patterns
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:13:40 AM »
I don't seem to have a sleep pattern. For some unknown reason, I am already fully awake (it's 6:11am) whereas I had to force myself out of bed yesterday at 7:30am. And I went to bed at the same time...

On some days I can't get to sleep before 1:30am. On others I'm dead-tired at 10:00pm.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:18:35 AM »
I envy anyone who can suffice with 5 hours or less of sleep.

As for pattern: I always have trouble waking up in the morning, yet in the evening/night I don't seem to be overly tired; although a very boring movie can get me near sleep :laugh: I usually go to bed around midnight, my alarm starts playing music at 6:30, with me getting up between 7:15 and 7:30 :shrug:

BigTim

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »
I have suffered PTSD for over a decade now.  I would fall asleep and have Hallucinations and Nightmares causing major problems.  I would sleep walk and all sorts of things.  They tried various medicines and sleep aides til I got on Rozerem at 8 mg.  Finally started sleeping all night (About 7 hours) but plenty.  Recently I developed a resistance to the Rozerem so they pulled me off it and started me on Lunesta.  It's difficult... I sleep about 3 maybe if I'm lucky 4 hours a time.  I find myself crashing a lot of times in the morning.  Like 10 am and just falling apart for a half hour nap.  Maybe an hour if I can.  It's getting better though.  The Lunesta just takes time to work.  I wish you the best.  Sleep Deprivation is AWFUL!  See a doctor if it's causing you personal problems.. but if you feel ok.  Then that's different...  Take care!

Big Tim

MEJHarrison

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
If I get a solid 8 hours a night, I'm OK.  If I get 7, it's all I can do to open my eyes and tend to sleep through my alarm.  Makes sense so far.  Where is gets weird is after the 7 hour mark, things get much better.  6 hours is like 8. 4-5 hours and I wake up great and I'm not tired at all the next day.  Anything under 4 hours I don't even attempt for fear I'll sleep the day away.  Not a problem on a weekend, but on a weeknight, I can't afford to accidentally sleep till noon! Usually if we're talking about getting less than 4 hours, I'll just stay up and sleep the next night.  And typically do just fine.

Of course every doctor I've ever known says you should get 8 hours.  But that's just so hard sometimes!

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »
The real problem is that 24h rhythm. I'm doing best with 18/8 or 10-12/4, but tell that to other people.  :laugh:
Matthias