Author Topic: Dragon Mama  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Dragon Mama
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:48 AM »
I have become the foster parent to a couple of bearded dragons.

They are currently housed in a 100 gallon aquarium but I think I am going to buy them a metal cage. I think this is a better environment, humidity wise, plus it will be easier to clean.

The ones I'm thinking of getting for them are these:

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Giant-Lizard-Cage

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033CKH82/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2LDZGFAGG1QXE

I kind of prefer the second one but don't know if this is too small for them. The dragons are both about 12 inches long. I've bought a dragon book but any reptile advice is greatly apprechiated.

Najemikon

Re: Dragon Mama
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 01:06:49 AM »
Do not listen to advice from Achim or Rossroy. They will panic at the mention of a "dragon" and will proceed to tell you how to shout at them and possibly kill them with spells...  :-[

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:08:44 AM »
Do not listen to advice from Achim or Rossroy. They will panic at the mention of a "dragon" and will proceed to tell you how to shout at them and possibly kill them with spells...  :-[

Shouts yes. Spells? Bow and arrows are much more efficient! Especially with a full daedric enchanted bow! ;)

Kidding aside, I know absolutely nothing about caring for a reptile. I would love to have one, but I don't think it will ever happen. But I'm sure these dragons couldn't have found a better home than you Kathy.

Oh and .. this thread is useless without pictures! (of the dragons of course!)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
One of those cool dragon like in Final Fantasy ;D

Your cats will be scare to death by those :P

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
I have never laughed so hard as I have with the antics of the cats and these reptiles.

I had put the dogs and cats in another room until I had the dragons all set up. Nobody paid much attention to them at first because the reptiles were absolutely still.

Then...they moved. All of a sudden the aquarium was surrounded on all four sides and the top by cats. Both the dragons and the cats couldn't take their eyes off each other.

There are several heat rocks in the habitat and the cords run up the sides out through the top. Well, the 2 dragons started climbing the cords to the top of the aquarium so that they were nose to nose with the cats sitting on top of the cage.

I ended up having to make a heavy duty cover because the one they had was screen and I knew the cats were going to end up crashing through.

The cats and dragons ran around the outside and inside of the habitat teasing each other for hours.

After everyone settled down the cats would place their paws on the outside of the glass...and the dragons would put their foot on the inside so that it looked like they were holding hands! So cute.

I think I need to send a video to America's Got Talent - it would surely win the big prize!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »
I think I need to send a video to America's Got Talent - it would surely win the big prize!
Try America's Funniest Home Video if the show always exist...
Usually the video with the animal win unless one with a kid is shown too, thinking of it try to do it again with a little kid too and you'll win :thumbup:

Rogmeister

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
Reading about your cats discovering your dragons reminded me of when I took in a guinea pig I found in my yard one spring morning.  They gathered around it quickly though one quickly lost interest.  The other became a friend and liked to lay on top of it's cage and even got in it's cage occasionally.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
That's the show I was thinking of Jimmy - Can you tell I don't watch much TV?  :laugh:

Roger, do you have any pictures of them? Are the cats the ones I know about or others?