Author Topic: New Western Movies Book  (Read 768 times)

Rogmeister

New Western Movies Book
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
Today I came across a listing for a née book on western movies which came out in June.  The title is the 100 Greatest Western Movies of All Time: Including 5 You've Never Heard Of..  Now I admit I've not seen every western ever made but I doubt they could come up with 5 westerns I've not heard of if they're good enough to be among the 100 best ever.  Maybe before this book arrives, I should make my own list and then compare it with what made the book?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: New Western Movies Book
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
I doubt I even seen 100 Westerns at all!  :bag: :tease:

If you make such a list Roger... I would be interested in seeing it. :)
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:47:27 PM »
I bet the five will include one or two Spaghetti Westerns that were only released in Italy or something. Or a silent movie that was lost.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »
Well, an online friend wrote me back about this book and the 5 I never heard of are no such thing.  They actually listed 6 and I have 4 of those already including Seven Men From Now and The Naked Spur.  They list some films others wouldn't consider westerns, like The Treasure of Sierra Madre but have the nerve to list Dances With Wolves and also say that one isn't a western.  Despite these flaws, my friend says he does enjoy this book.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 05:49:18 AM »
I haven't seen that many westerns and even I've heard of The Naked Spur.  My mom and step dad have it.